Why can't I see my house? I've logged in twice. This has happened before, but usually will rezz after a while.

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yup.  It's almost certain that you have a connection problem.  The houses in that region are there, but your Internet connection is losing enough information that your graphics card cannot display them reliably.  As Aethelwine suggested, you can try rebooting your modem and router to see if that improves the connection.  If possible, avoid using a wifi connection to the Internet too, because that can be another cause for data loss.  Your computer and its Internet can be just fine for normal e-mail, watching YouTube videos, and playing some sorts of on-line games, but still not be good enough to handle Second Life reliably.  The speed of the connection does not make a difference.  Reliability does.  If you are losing packets of information so that your computer cannot stay in sync with the SL servers and keep up with the flood of data they are feeding to you, it will continue to have a hard time rendering things. 

I checked ookla and my internet speed is 355.19 mbps. It is very laggy where i live in the log home sim i live in, but my internet is fine. I'm not currently having any trouble with it at all. I am not sure.

2 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Hi, I checked it's gone up and down, but right now it's 2.1% and ookla said my internet speed is 355.19 mbps.

Your connection speed is irrelevant.  The killer is that you are losing 2.1% of the information your graphics card needs for rendering images.  If you have more than about 0.1% packet loss, you are guaranteed to have trouble.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Your connection speed is irrelevant.  The killer is that you are losing 2.1% of the information your graphics card needs for rendering images.  If you have more than about 0.1% packet loss, you are guaranteed to have trouble.

why can my alt see it?

1 minute ago, Jaide Beck said:

but my internet is fine. I'm not currently having any trouble with it at all. I am not sure.

With that 2.1% packet loss, your Internet connection is definitely not "fine".  You have a serious data loss.  That's also why you are having bad lag problems.

Yep, on rare occasion the cache can develop the odd issue and needs to be cleared - it's dependent on the user system/settings on when, mind.

The sort of issue you'd described happens - to some degree and rather rarely - when I go teleporting to a club I frequent. Sometimes whole sections do not visibly load and I have to teleport out and come back to force them back in (the Wireframe trick touted earlier in this thread does nothing for me and never has - invisible but obviously rezzed objects will not appear until I leave and come back).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Yep, on rare occasion the cache can develop the odd issue and needs to be cleared - it's dependent on the user system/settings on when, mind.

The sort of issue you'd described happens - to some degree and rather rarely - when I go teleporting to a club I frequent. Sometimes whole sections do not visibly load and I have to teleport out and come back to force them back in (the Wireframe trick touted earlier in this thread does nothing for me and never has - invisible but obviously rezzed objects will not appear until I leave and come back).

yes, it's great, a nice person messaged me and said to increase my cache and now my house rezzes faster, so it seems tome :D

:D

• Like 1

If I turn down max particle count to 0 I get over 100 sometimes in fps!!!

When I go home, my count drops, but it is significantly better! :) It's around 53 to over 100 at any given time!

I just fixed band width because someone helped me and checked my graphics. :D 

Edited by Jaide Beck

I have actually hit 125 in my house! It was just a matter of cache, bandwidth and graphics settings. :D

Now, I have absolutely no lag in my house. :D YIPEE!! :D 

AAANDDD my packet loss in my house is now 0.1!! Internet is same, just settings were off. :)

Edited by Jaide Beck
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I have actually hit 125 in my house! It was just a matter of cache, bandwidth and graphics settings. :D

Now, I have absolutely no lag in my house. :D YIPEE!! :D 

AAANDDD my packet loss in my house is now 0.1!! Internet is same, just settings were off. :)

Yep. :) With an internet speed of over 300 mb/sec you can afford to whack your bandwidth right up as high as it will go. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.