Question about getting new home

YourPoisonedPrincess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to get one of the new Linden homes, the ones on the stilts. I found one that is available and in a spot I love but there is no option to choose it. I have tried now for three days with the random choosing option and still nothing. Is there no way I can just pick that home or have it set to me by an officer? 

Edited by YourPoisonedPrincess

15 minutes ago, YourPoisonedPrincess said:

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to get one of the new Linden homes, the ones on the stilts. I found one that is available and in a spot I love but there is no option to choose it. I have tried now for three days with the random choosing option and still nothing. Is there no way I can just pick that home or have it set to me by an officer? 

You do do not pick your home from inworld. On the Get Your Home page, you simply select which Theme you would like and you are then assigned a random parcel.  When you get to your parcel, select the specific style from the House Number marker.

From your Dashboard (secondlife.com/my), click Get Your Home Now on the right side of the screen:

image.png.47d3caffff3859f2d7824e35d87f2928.png

On the page that comes up, select Bellisseria, if not showing at the top. Then select the type of home you want, provide a name and proceed.:

image.thumb.png.f81bee3b04946ee668af10f1de9d2831.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for your replies. I knew about choosing the home from that site I just found a location I loved and the house has been available for the past few days so I was trying to get it but I have the worst luck. Looks like I gotta wait until tomorrow and just take what they give me lol Thank you all again I appreciate the help.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RitaCallisto said:

I find often times i'll get the same house over and over even when there are 20+ other houses available. Don't know why

If your home style of choice is in plentiful supply you should hang around your property wait for someone else to claim it then try for another. Whenever I've done that with GoH I've never had the same home twice

5 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If your home style of choice is in plentiful supply you should hang around your property wait for someone else to claim it then try for another. Whenever I've done that with GoH I've never had the same home twice

That's usually what I do, but sometimes whoever grabs it will abandon it again immediately, or RNG is like "Screw you" and people get other ones other than that one.

3 minutes ago, SleepingKoala said:

I've been allocated a house on stilts but the parcel is actually empty. The land controller tells me to choose a building, notecard or pack but it doesn't give me the options or the way to get the items. Help needed!

Try clicking the controller and holding for several seconds until you see a reset notice then leave it a full minute before trying to interact with it again

33 minutes ago, SleepingKoala said:

I saw a comment about resetting it but no joy so I abandoned the land and got a house on the water instead!

Something for future problems.  You are Premium and that lets you use Live Chat.  In the case of a Linden Home issue, Live Chat is often very useful and quick.

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 9am to 5 pm EST (6am to 2pm PST) every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.