Maitreya Ankle Help

Lunion12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All!

I`m currently Struggling with what i can only describe as malformed ankles. I don`t know but to me they`ve always appeared as longer than necessary, and after buying these new ankle strap heels it only seems to confirm it as the back of the shoe is stretched (Please correct me if i`m wrong)

I`ve tried editing my shape and using all 5 of the available maitreya shapes and nothing seems to change, I read a guide on editing my shape myself and again nothing seems to help the matter.

I was wondering if any of you sages may have an idea on how I can fix this? other people using maitreya mesh bodies seem to look nice, its really bugging me..

Many thanks in advance!

Alice

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191587761@N08/?

It does look like the back of the shoe is stretched "but" that could just as well be a shoe issue depending on how the shoe was rigged. I am guessing that all shoes look like this?  Are you using 5.3 body? The feet did change on that version so if not, might be worth a try.  Also perhaps try a demo or two from a well known shoe maker and of a NEW release (thus 5.3 based) OR even try some Maitreya shoes (I am guessing they still make shoes :D).  

My first inclination was to say that your body may be too tall and or too thin to fit into the "normal" category :D but if you tried all the included shapes that doesn't seem to be it.   No other guesses.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lunion12 said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19158

57 minutes ago, Lunion12 said:

Hello All!

I`m currently Struggling with what i can only describe as malformed ankles. I don`t know but to me they`ve always appeared as longer than necessary, and after buying these new ankle strap heels it only seems to confirm it as the back of the shoe is stretched (Please correct me if i`m wrong)

I`ve tried editing my shape and using all 5 of the available maitreya shapes and nothing seems to change, I read a guide on editing my shape myself and again nothing seems to help the matter.

I was wondering if any of you sages may have an idea on how I can fix this? other people using maitreya mesh bodies seem to look nice, its really bugging me..

Many thanks in advance!

Alice

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191587761@N08

ankle Issue

As Chic.said, I'd guess it was the shoes since you've tried all included shapes and it's the same.

The steep angle of your foot's arch indicates that your foot is in the high position; however, the shoe's heels are actually quite short and more suited to a mid shoe. I appears it's the way the shoe is made that is making the ankle look so odd. If you cam inside the shoe, I bet you'll find a gap between where your heel ends and where the actual heel of the shoe begins. Also, I'm not suggesting you try a different heel position, because I'm pretty sure the foot would not fit inside the shoe properly.

bfb279a3025658d6ca2ee01dfa944d56.png

7def056d2bf0a20b1ca850759ad5c415.png

Between the rather high ankle strap and the shorter than usual heel height the appearance the ankle is very stretched.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did Maitreya say to do that?  I tried changing to 25 foot with 5.3 and it just made my toes look WAY too long?  

Yup, they did and think (rightly or wrongly) it something to do with shoe changing script for shoes whether you have mid heels or not.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did Maitreya say to do that?  I tried changing to 25 foot with 5.3 and it just made my toes look WAY too long? 

It was in the v5.2 changelog (at the bottom of this screenshot of the v5.3 version notecard). Setting foot size to 25 ensured that older Maitreya-rigged footwear would still fit.

b68016a2633de660e31a825e73beebb5.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Yup, they did and think (rightly or wrongly) it something to do with shoe changing script for shoes whether you have mid heels or not.

It has nothing to do with that script.  It has everything to do with the re-rigging of the feet.

@size 25, the feet will be just the same size as they always were.  Only newer shoes that have been rigged to the new feet will actually change size along with the feet sliders.  Ahhh, just as Skell has posted, the included NC :)

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I only discovered by accident. Suddenly on v5.3 I had baggy shoes. I'm not sure if the slider defaults to zero, but I found at 25, which was the previous set number, it was back to how it was.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

It has nothing to do with that script.  It has everything to do with the re-rigging of the feet.

@size 25, the feet will be just the same size as they always were.  Only newer shoes that have been rigged to the new feet will actually change size along with the feet sliders.  Ahhh, just as Skell has posted, the included NC :)

Like I said in brackets; rightly or wrongly! :P LOL, in this case wrongly! 

Edited by MrsSeren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.