Cannot login at all!

Derf Fairport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah it's great. 4 days with rolling restarts per week, the same regions get restarted at least twice (why?), map tile updates aren't working for a month, the group chat issues fade away then come back from time to time, so it is still just a random mess whether a community help group can function or not, some people are still clouds or gray, and now on top of these, we can't log in at all, and what's worse, I was already logged in, but of course region crossings still force people to disconnect. Of course at least if we can't log in, then we don't have to worry about the rest of the issues. Perfect.

• Like 2

On the terrible Year that has been 2020 LL decided to advance with  lots of structural  changes that would impact users.

We all can agree some of the implementations need to be done and where in fact needed asap.

But RL takes always precedence and this Year, more then ever before, pushed users resilience to its limits.

All over the World, people just wish to get some peace of mind and SL should be a safe heaven for those.

Sadly, it is not been the case and for that We must consider that the timing for the so needed changes was a terrible damaging one for LL reputation.

I was watching one of those web pages which graphs concurrency. It doesn't tell you much, because of what concurrency is, but the slope of the graph shows how different the event wasSL_Concurrency_Login_Fail.png.66ae98aa41279b34dd61d31202645206.png

The timestamps are European rather than American, CET I think (and anyone putting out this sort of live data really should tell people the time-zone). The usual  curve has a sustained peak  matching the evening on the US East Coast before dropping to that plateau. The shape got a bit different, but the maximum is pretty usual for a Monday.

There are still a lot of bots around. I wonder how long it would have taken before the decline would have slowed, and given us a way of getting a rough figure for the number. The usual daily minimum is after Midnight, California, and there will be a lot of users logging in on the far side of the Pacific.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.