Onnupan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have had the same all day and yesterday - thought it was just me.  Been tearing my hair out for a Fameshed setup - using Firestorm.

Beta grid + regular.  

2020-11-01T17:59:34Z WARNING #CoreHttp# llcorehttp/_httppolicy.cpp(434) stageAfterCompletion : HTTP request 0x7f92b44d5620 failed after 0 retries.  Reason:  Linden Catch-All (Http_499)
2020-11-01T17:59:39Z WARNING #Mesh# newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(2803) onCompleted : Upload failed.  Reason:  Linden Catch-All (Http_499)
2020-11-01T17:59:39Z WARNING #Mesh# newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(764) log_upload_error : Error in stage:  upload, Reason:  Linden Catch-All (Http_499)
2020-11-01T17:59:39Z WARNING #Mesh# newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(775) log_upload_error : error: {'identifier':'NetworkError','message':'Linden Catch-All'}
2020-11-01T17:59:39Z WARNING #Mesh# newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(776) log_upload_error :   mesh upload failed, stage 'upload', error '', message 'Linden Catch-All', id 'NetworkError'
2020-11-01T17:59:39Z WARNING # newview/lltoastalertpanel.cpp(182) LLToastAlertPanel::LLToastAlertPanel : Alert: Phanto9m2 failed to upload: Linden Catch-All

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett

I uploaded yesterday and just now with no errors. Furniture, not house. Using Firestorm but not the new EEP Beta.  

If you are using the Linden viewer, then maybe try another viewer?  If you are uploading on Aditi (I was not) then it could be that. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I uploaded yesterday and just now with no errors. Furniture, not house. Using Firestorm but not the new EEP Beta.  

If you are using the Linden viewer, then maybe try another viewer?  If you are uploading on Aditi (I was not) then it could be that. 

Thanks I could replicate it on both Beta and Main using Firestorm too.    I did manage to get uploaded using my own sim eventually. It feels like any file over 1mb chokes slightly.  I say feel because I haven't had time to test - albeit I did upload a simple cube without issue with a tiny file size.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Thanks I could replicate it on both Beta and Main using Firestorm too.    I did manage to get uploaded using my own sim eventually. It feels like any file over 1mb chokes slightly.  I say feel because I haven't had time to test - albeit I did upload a simple cube without issue with a tiny file size.

Well I can shoot down the "over 1 meg file size" :D

image.png.71e381f985a2fc024d2067e99dc1024c.png

Uploaded that this morning --- I am on my own homestead sim when uploading. 

Last I checked I was not "in the cloud" yet. 

PS.  I was over on a Linden sandbox this morning. No one else there (very early) and nothing seemingly wrong and the FPS was 4.6.   Over in Belli (only some sims I gather) the fps can be (for me) around 7 and this is fairly consistent.  I get well over 100 fps in the sky on my sim and about 60 on the ground. So it might be a "lag" issue.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

Asset servers are in the cloud and have been a while, not that that necessarily has any bearing on things here. there are all kinds of server interactions, such as money transactions etc. So it could be any number of things.

As this is an http error, it is being returned from the server. I would suggest that you raise a jira ticket as it seems most likely an uplift related issue and well-worth escalating. 

The waters are of course muddied by the fact that the uploader has changed a bit, but in reality the underlying mechanics are the same so the balance of probability is with the server side. That said, if you can reliably get the issue with the SL viewer but the Firestorm release version does not have the issue then that is important to add to the ticket as it would suggest something has been messed up on the client side. (Charlotte appears to have had failures on the older FS too so that very much points to a server side issue)

Edited by Beq Janus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had this "catch all" error on both FS current release & public beta, on uplifted regions and non-uplift, on both aditi and agni grids, for large and small file sizes. I have found that it always appears to be a temporary issue and that the upload goes through without issue on closing the uploader and starting again. It's been a message I been seeing for months on and off, couldn't tell you when it started, and I've never bothered reporting it because I cannot reliably repro it, and for the sake of a 30 second pause to have a good ol' gulp of coffee it's hardly seemed worth the hassle when the error doesn't come up again

The only way any failure is likely to be diagnosed and fixed is if it's reported in Jira.

A report using the official viewer that includes the viewer log and is submitted promptly with the time and region where it occurred would be especially helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.