Are there any BoM nails for Maitreya Lara?

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So BoM lets me save make up to each outfit, and this is amazing. So far I've stuck with standard nails. I tried a couple of applier nails but the fit looked poor. I'd like to be able to save nails to an outfit, but so far they all seem applier based.

I would rather avoid applier nails wiith a hud, but is this the only option?

I have not seen bom layers made for nails, but I use mesh nails made by Alme. Typically I buy them on Saturday Sale or Happy Weekend so they aren't usually super expensive. They come in couple of different lengths and have some really nice materials on them (I'm basically a magpie). Just make a copy of the nails customized the way you want them, and make sure you wear /save them in your outfit. And if you wanted to wear a different color from the set , make another copy with it customized that way and save it to that outfit.  As long as they are separate copies, the nails should be different depending on the outfit you have on.  Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

BOM nails would be the same as nails for the Classic avatar. Basically a tattoo. They were never popular because they sucked. We had prim and sculpty nail add-ons that were much more popular. I still have them.

I can see how mesh body nails could be made to use the Classic UVmap for a BOM-mesh-body. But, that odd use of the map would require special textures made just for that particular mesh's UV. I doubt anyone is doing that and existing tats for classic body nails would likely distort. Which would eliminate picture nail polish.

Most of the nails I have seen in use now are the mesh-body's nails and are still Applier based. There are also add-on nails like Slink's Stiletto nails and those are applier based. Most of my nail appliers work with my Slink Redux body's natural nails which I wear in BoM mode. I do run into problems with the add-on nails. I am still sorting my nail colors into which works with what.

I suspect you are hopping to get a nail-color solution that lets you save outfits and not have to mess with color selection again. With add-on nails that should be possible. 

For similar things I have a starting copy of the attachment which is part of my "Starter Outfit" which is my nude avatar with all the parts I consider basic, including the add-on nails. Once I have made a new outfit starting from the nude outfit and have it together and everything the color I want, I take off the parts I changed and save a copy of them in in a descriptively named folder within the item's folder. Then I wear the copy. When I save the outfit it links to the copy that I never change. I can just wear the outfit and I am good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BOM can't work for nails, because BOM has to take from the worn layers, and there's no part of the layer that corresponds, except for that dreadful blurry patch at the end of system-skin fingers, which are eliminated in most BOM skins.

An alternative solution to the outfit problem though, is to save a separate copy of your body with the applied nails already on (and maybe save it in the folder with the nails applier so you know what it is and why its there)

Another thought - does the save stick include nails?

Edited by Maitimo
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

BOM can't work for nails, because BOM has to take from the worn layers, and there's no part of the layer that corresponds, except for that dreadful blurry patch at the end of system-skin fingers, which are eliminated in most BOM skins.

An alternative solution to the outfit problem though, is to save a separate copy of your body with the applied nails already on (and maybe save it in the folder with the nails applier so you know what it is and why its there)

Another thought - does the save stick include nails?

Bom can work on mesh nails.  But it needs to make use of the Baked Aux channels and the universal tattoo wearables.  

• Thanks 1

You can use the save stick that comes with the newer version of the Maitreya body. Just save the nails to the save stick and drop it inside the folder for the outfit.  While BoM can technically work with the nails it's not going to be easy to find any BoM polish that works well with the Mait nails because the nails use their own unique UV, which is why it was never recommended to use omega appliers for Maitreya nails. So using the save stick is the best option.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.