Inithium Female Mesh Body

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The body does look like, with the numbers on the legs and butt dialed down enough - it's around the 'realistic space' before SKING and after Freya. With enough work, you can dial it to a look found in some ethnic groups - whereas SKING is the 'exploitation flick' parody of people with that body form, and Freya / Hourglass are just hints in that direction.

I see 'mainstream' as a polite way to refer to bias. 😉

Then again I get why many designers didn't go for SKING given what it represents. Sadly this body is new - and many won't go for it just because of workload.

If it had come out around the same time as Maitreya and Freya and Slink et all, then I'd see motive in any lack of support for it. But now, to support this would probably mean picking something else to not support... which I would be for, as so many other bodies are 'more of the same'. But I don't see that as happening widescale.

The one body shape is fairly close to normal with a few tweaks.  The legs are a bit too long and the arms too short but that's about par for most shape makers.  It will definitely be for a select group of customers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

The one body shape is fairly close to normal with a few tweaks.  The legs are a bit too long and the arms too short but that's about par for most shape makers.  It will definitely be for a select group of customers.

Yeah I always use my own shapes and a set of proportion sticks because... "professional" shape makers seem to have the anatomy skills of a 5-year old. And I've taught kindergarten classes so... I do realize I'm being unkind to the kids in the comparison... 😉

so called 'thicc' bodies in SL are usually racially charged parodies... this body... rides the line. With the right shape dials you can make realistic 'thicc' looks, but you can also go into 'sploitation flic' territory. That noted... no one has ever actually made a body that could do the realistic look before - so this is a leap forward in serving a community rightly.

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah I always use my own shapes and a set of proportion sticks because... "professional" shape makers seem to have the anatomy skills of a 5-year old. And I've taught kindergarten classes so... I do realize I'm being unkind to the kids in the comparison... 😉

so called 'thicc' bodies in SL are usually racially charged parodies... this body... rides the line. With the right shape dials you can make realistic 'thicc' looks, but you can also go into 'sploitation flic' territory. That noted... no one has ever actually made a body that could do the realistic look before - so this is a leap forward in serving a community rightly.

I think I've managed pretty well making a slightly thicc  body without stepping over the line into parody.  It was much easier when I switched over to legacy from maitreya.  Legacy just has a softness about it that I didn't find in other bodies.  Everyone has their favorite so it's nice to have options for everyone even if they are looking to be more over the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The body does look like, with the numbers on the legs and butt dialed down enough - it's around the 'realistic space' before SKING and after Freya. With enough work, you can dial it to a look found in some ethnic groups - whereas SKING is the 'exploitation flick' parody of people with that body form, and Freya / Hourglass are just hints in that direction.

I see 'mainstream' as a polite way to refer to bias. 😉

Then again I get why many designers didn't go for SKING given what it represents. Sadly this body is new - and many won't go for it just because of workload.

If it had come out around the same time as Maitreya and Freya and Slink et all, then I'd see motive in any lack of support for it. But now, to support this would probably mean picking something else to not support... which I would be for, as so many other bodies are 'more of the same'. But I don't see that as happening widescale.

I mostly agree with you. Although, I'd call bodies like Sking a niche body. This one though, is by far, the most polished out of the niche bodies and is very well made. It is on par with bigger brands as far as quality and features and it has something other niche bodies never had: hands and feet which makes it easier to use. Is it for everybody? No, but it does fill a certain niche that is somewhere between a sking and a more curvy body. There is always an opportunity for creators because there is a vacuum waiting to be filled.

I don't see 'mainstream' as a bias. Simply put mainstream means a brand that most people know about. If someone asked for recommendations for women's clothes, Blueberry would be in most people's list of recommendations. Regardless of feelings about them, their clothes or their brand, they are that well known and therefore mainstream. Some people only shop at mainstream stores, those are their go to places. Nobody is to blame for that since you're guaranteed nice looking items that are rigged properly.

Since it is a niche body, it probably won't have widescale support, that's a given. I wouldn't jump to say it's yet another unsupported body though and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple to a few of creators supporting it at fairs and events moving forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Did they update the demo - it only had one body size, which I was unable to 'dial down enough' for what I was seeking.

As far as I know there is only one body size BUT the box contains 3 different shapes. I am glad you found one close to what you are seeking. I will add because I blog for the Kalhene mesh bodies that maybe one to consider as well with 1 body BUT 4 different shapes to use. She's very pretty and easy to work with can also use Maitreya shoes and clothes.  https://slifeinpixels.wordpress.com/?s=kalhene

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189091901@N08/

plus there is a mesh body for trans gendered as well. Also very pretty and easy to work with.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

Have you considered the -Kalhene- Mesh Body? 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189091901@N08/

Thanks I went in world and got demo..Still debating getting it.. some ethical concerns I wonder how Maitreya creator feels about someone coping her rigging, Onyx has worked hard over the years to build her brand and it just seems unoriginal for another creator to try to ride on top of that instead of creating there own distinctive rigging and ecosystem.

Convenient for the customers surely but I guess my point of view is coming from having once been a creator myself....the added head is nice though🙂

1 hour ago, Sassy Kenin said:

Thanks I went in world and got demo..Still debating getting it.. some ethical concerns I wonder how Maitreya creator feels about someone coping her rigging, Onyx has worked hard over the years to build her brand and it just seems unoriginal for another creator to try to ride on top of that instead of creating there own distinctive rigging and ecosystem.

Convenient for the customers surely but I guess my point of view is coming from having once been a creator myself....the added head is nice though🙂

I'm confused. How did she copy Maitreya rigging? I have a few things I can make work for other bodies with some shape tricks and good alpha cuts. She's not taking any thing from Maitreya , Onyx is and will still make money because her creations will work with that mesh. She's unlikely to suffer any loss of sales even with her Lara shape , which is in the top 3 mesh bodies. I think everyone will still generate revenue. I guess I don't see this as copying anything. 

too add you're welcome and she is extremely cute ! :)

Edited by colleen Criss
  • Like 1

I was really excited to try this body, but after working and working with the shape... I just can't make the butt small enough to suit me. I do see on their web site a coming soon area where the Kupra mesh body is so I'm crossing my fingers for more mesh options in the future. I use Belleza Freya and nothing is as good to me shape wise yet for the look I want, but I'd love to switch to a body that has the look and the support also, because Belleza isn't doing good with support or upgrading. I'll keep an eye on this creator! 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.