I am having issues with The Cool VL Viewer

Guku Aabye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone that uses the Third Party Viewer for Second Life called The Cool VL Viewer help me? I been glitching when my AO makes the animation with my avatar and the voice chat doesn't work. Can anyone give me any suggestions how to maybe fix this problem with The Cool VL Viewer? Also I always make sure I have the updated version of The Cool VL Viewer as well. When I go to the website and see it in green  I uninstall the old update and reinstall the updated version of The Cool VL Viewer

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

goto help and post your system specs, so we can get a basis for what hardware we are dealing with.

It has never done this before to me. I am not sure why it's doing that now. Sorry where would you like for me to post my hardware?

2 hours ago, Guku Aabye said:

It has never done this before to me. I am not sure why it's doing that now. Sorry where would you like for me to post my hardware?

post it here.   just copy and paste it from about help[,    once we have an idea what we are dealing with, us members can help you along a bit easier.   

5 hours ago, Guku Aabye said:

Cool VL Viewer Cool VL Viewer?  Cool VL Viewer  Cool VL Viewer

well.. to see if it's the Cool VL viewer... try another viewer first to see if it's really the Cool VL Viewer, and post some specs if there might be other reasons .. voice chat for example is often broken, and not only on that viewer.

6 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

post it here.   just copy and paste it from about help[,    once we have an idea what we are dealing with, us members can help you along a bit easier.   

Not sure where your talking about when you say  about help. I don't see about help under my system. Sorry. 

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

well.. to see if it's the Cool VL viewer... try another viewer first to see if it's really the Cool VL Viewer, and post some specs if there might be other reasons .. voice chat for example is often broken, and not only on that viewer.

Well I downloaded Firestorm because I wanted to save my appearance for  some clothes I am wearing. I don't see where you can save appearance on The Cool VL Viewer. Since I downloaded Firestorm The Cool VL Viewer has been acting up. Could that be the reason? Also I was wondering is there a save appearance on The Cool VL Viewer?

6 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Well I downloaded Firestorm because I wanted to save my appearance for  some clothes I am wearing. I don't see where you can save appearance on The Cool VL Viewer. Since I downloaded Firestorm The Cool VL Viewer has been acting up. Could that be the reason? Also I was wondering is there a save appearance on The Cool VL Viewer?

I'm not sure all the specifics each viewer has, as each 3rd party viewer tends to be different.   

9 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Cool VL Viewer doesn't use the V3 outfit folder system, so you will not be able to save outfits in the same folder that every other current viewer does. Viewers install in separate locations with separate data. Installing one does not affect another. Cool VL Viewer uses a very old interface style. Why are you using it?

3 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

Cool VL Viewer doesn't use the V3 outfit folder system, so you will not be able to save outfits in the same folder that every other current viewer does. Viewers install in separate locations with separate data. Installing one does not affect another. Cool VL Viewer uses a very old interface style. Why are you using it?

Because I like The Cool VL Viewer. And I like the old interface style it has. 

45 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Because I like The Cool VL Viewer. And I like the old interface style it has. 

I suppose you should take up the issues with the viewer in the Cool VL Viewer forum. I don't post there anymore, but you're more likely to get answers directly from Henri there.

1 hour ago, KjartanEno said:

I suppose you should take up the issues with the viewer in the Cool VL Viewer forum. I don't post there anymore, but you're more likely to get answers directly from Henri there.

TY but I wish there was more help for The Cool VL Viewer like they have for Firestorm. I guess a lot of people don't use The Cool VL Viewer or they haven't heard of the viewer. And I am not sure what third party viewer is older? The Cool VL Viewer or Firestorm.

Edited by Guku Aabye

@Guku AabyeCool VL is one of the oldest viewers to SL that there is, so there is no contest there.  Firestorm's ancestor was Phoenix and even THAT was younger that the Cool.I won't mention the progenitor of Phoenix, it is too contentious.  Back in 2009 I ran a fork of Cool VL the Rainbow viewer, compiled somewhat controversially from Cool by Boy Lane.

Personally and for my purposes I much perfer the UI of the second-generation viewers but it is a case of each to their own.

If you are having issues with Cool VL notecard Henri Beauchamp.  There are few folk that know more about SL and none that know more about the Cool VL...he compiles it.

Edited by Aishagain

1 hour ago, Aishagain said:

@Guku AabyeCool VL is one of the oldest viewers to SL that there is, so there is no contest there.  Firestorm's ancestor was Phoenix and even THAT was younger that the Cool.I won't mention the progenitor of Phoenix, it is too contentious.  Back in 2009 I ran a fork of Cool VL the Rainbow viewer, compiled somewhat controversially from Cool by Boy Lane.

Personally and for my purposes I much perfer the UI of the second-generation viewers but it is a case of each to their own.

If you are having issues with Cool VL notecard Henri Beauchamp.  There are few folk that know more about SL and none that know more about the Cool VL...he compiles it.

Well I thought maybe I could get some help here on the forums for it. But TY all for the information you guys gave me. Do you think if I uninstall Firestorm it will stop the glitching and have voice chat working again on The Cool VL Viewer? Because since I downloaded Firestorm I had this problem. Before I never did, if it is the problem. Also what isn't going to be good if I want to save my appearance then I would have to reinstall Firestorm in order to save my appearance.

@Guku Aabye As I said you'll get the best information by notecarding Henri.  I doubt very much if anyone familiar with Cool VL will respond in this forum.  One of your requirements simply is not compatible with V1 type viewers (which Cool VL is) and that is outfit saving.  That is exclusively a V2/3 viewer function.

Edited by Aishagain

Support for the Cool VL Viewer is exclusively provided via the Cool VL Viewer forum (in-world requests, in whatever form, will NOT be replied).

Also, do not listen to some people silly replies provided elsewhere, especially when they have been banned from my own forum for their wrong doings.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

And there you have the definitive information.  There IS a forum and that's your place to go.  Henri does not suffer fools gladly and I just hope he doesn't think I am one!

Edited by Aishagain

• 1 month later...

Well The Cool VL Viewer doesn't do any glitching if I keep the voice chat off on the viewer. The Cool VL Viewer works great then. I just hope The Cool VL Viewer will have the save thing like Firestorm does one day. Also how would I get a list of my alts that I deleted so I can post them all here and the people I added back then they can get rid of their calling cards if they see my alts I deleted if I can get the list of them and post them here?  I can not remember all the alts I deleted though. 

30 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Well The Cool VL Viewer doesn't do any glitching if I keep the voice chat off on the viewer. The Cool VL Viewer works great then. I just hope The Cool VL Viewer will have the save thing like Firestorm does one day. Also how would I get a list of my alts that I deleted so I can post them all here and the people I added back then they can get rid of their calling cards if they see my alts I deleted if I can get the list of them and post them here?  I can not remember all the alts I deleted though. 

Regarding the Cool VL Viewer, the link to it's forum is posted in this thread already, so address any of your Cool VL Viewer questions or feature requests on its forum. 

I don't believe it is possible to get a list of alts - not even undeleted ones, let alone deleted ones.  If it's been long enough that you can't remember the names of the ones you deleted, I don't think you need to worry about others still having calling cards for them.  It's even less likely that you would be able to get a list of people that those alts had added as friends.  All that type of information is the type of information that I understand LL may ask for when people are trying to re-activate old accounts, so I definitely would not expect LL to provide any of that information. 

4 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Regarding the Cool VL Viewer, the link to it's forum is posted in this thread already, so address any of your Cool VL Viewer questions or feature requests on its forum. 

I don't believe it is possible to get a list of alts - not even undeleted ones, let alone deleted ones.  If it's been long enough that you can't remember the names of the ones you deleted, I don't think you need to worry about others still having calling cards for them.  It's even less likely that you would be able to get a list of people that those alts had added as friends.  All that type of information is the type of information that I understand LL may ask for when people are trying to re-activate old accounts, so I definitely would not expect LL to provide any of that information. 

OK  TY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.