Latest Forum Changes

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like the newer (not sure when) forum changes. The "follow" function seems to have more options than I remember. Now I can just get notifications of people I want to follow (without using the email option). 

I missed any recent announcement but a few other things seem tweaked also..

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I like the newer (not sure when) forum changes. The "follow" function seems to have more options than I remember. Now I can just get notifications of people I want to follow (without using the email option). 

I missed any recent announcement but a few other things seem tweaked also..

Invision is updating their forum software, most of the things I'm seeing even on my end are "new and improved"  which I'm going "huh" at right now.   we, as in the car site, I've been administrating since 02,  I think, we are moving back to xenforo next month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I'm able to post from my kindle fire.  Must be an ipad thing.

I think it is because it is old, and can no longer be updated to the latest software but it is still frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

I think it is because it is old, and can no longer be updated to the latest software but it is still frustrating.

Nothing on your iPad (or any other device) needs to be updated when a website gets updated.

More than likely the "style sheet" LL has for your iPad's resolution is just missing some things, so it'd be a bug they have to fix.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Nothing on your iPad (or any other device) needs to be updated when a website gets updated.

I have had apps that stop working after they update as well.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, Panteleeva said:

I wish to see update for ignore thing.Like never see that:"you choose to ignore content by ...".or how it was called,lol

maybe in the year 2030 that might come about. but I doubt it. since those posts remain there as placeholders to keep the thread integrity, so you might be stuck just having to scroll over that.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:06 PM, Panteleeva said:

I wish to see update for ignore thing.Like never see that:"you choose to ignore content by ...".or how it was called,lol

59 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

maybe in the year 2030 that might come about. but I doubt it. since those posts remain there as placeholders to keep the thread integrity, so you might be stuck just having to scroll over that.

You can use an adblocker to hide them.

For example, if using uBlock Origin: ##.ipsType_light.ipsComment_ignored.ipsComment

11 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

right but that requires you to have and use and know how to use such plugins, which not a lot of people do.

Absolutely true, but at the same time, many of them are made to be very simple to use.

For example, with uBlock, you can literally just right-click the placeholder and it can correctly guess exactly what to hide. 3 clicks total.

(And as a bonus, you immediately get rid of most ads!)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed yesterday and today that the forums are showing up in a mobile format on my desktop computer. Unreadable and scrunched! I tried clearing the cache to see if that would make a difference. And it didn’t. I’m using my tablet, and everything is fine.

Edited by Marisa Starbrook
The usual typos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.