Deploy Plan for the Week of 2020-10-12

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just read Oz Linden's comprehensive report on the Uplift work and recent problems.  I have bitched about poor communication in the past...this is the sort of communication that silences my complaints.  Thankyou to all Lindens and especially to Oz for this.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

@AishagainVery honest and clear report from Oz, and although it doesn't make any difference to how issues affect me, I really appreciate it because it makes us understand what is going on and why those issues happen. So, yes, this kind of communication is always welcome.

When I say that technical details about stuff aren't interesting to me is because when they are disclosed I (and most) surely have an opinion (often wrong) about them, which doesn't change anything — the Lindens will always do what they have planned to do. And I'm sure that they will always do what they believe it's best, even if sometimes they may think wrong too — they're human, after all...

• Like 1

....annnddd it's happening again..."cannot create requested inventory"  "Cannot derez object due to inventory fault"   Baking service is down, clouds all over the place, yes I tried on several regions...time for bed said Zebedee.

Edited by Aishagain

On 10/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Aishagain said:

I've just read Oz Linden's comprehensive report on the Uplift work and recent problems.  I have bitched about poor communication in the past...this is the sort of communication that silences my complaints.  Thankyou to all Lindens and especially to Oz for this.

Generally I feel the same way, with the exception of the chat service. We had to wait 2 months to find out the uplift is the cause of the current chat problems. It's been that long since reports started. It's broken and it will continue to be broken until we don't know when because that fix in the pipeline may or may not address the problem. I just seethe when I think about how much time and energy and frustration has been put into this one issue over the course of the past two months and everyone has been kept in the dark. Our team for example has lost one very good and active support member because she can't see chat at all in any group except her own personal group. That's just bizarre, and she's not the only one experiencing that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willow Wilder said:

Our team for example has lost one very good and active support member because she can't see chat at all in any group except her own personal group. That's just bizarre, and she's not the only one experiencing that. 

Oh my, I did not know it was hitting folk so hard.  That's awful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Oh my, I did not know it was hitting folk so hard.  That's awful!

Apparently it doesn't happen to many people at once, but it has been going on since August with the other group chat issues, people were complaining about not being able to see any group chat. Back then I even thought they were exaggerating, then a month ago it happened to me too. No group chat. At all. For a whole week. Then it was working again. I keep hearing about more people being hit by this issue though, and it's really not reassuring.

It's interesting while chat of some large groups apparently doesn't work for about a month now, and others can't access any group chat, yet others experience the "usual" issues with just missing some messages all the time, fixing the only form of inworld mass communication takes so long and also seems not to be a priority. When the Marketplace or Bake Service goes down, it is treated as a priority and brought back to service ASAP. The post about "group chat issues" is out since September 1, and it says "We are aware of failures with message delivery in group chat which are impacting some users" like it was just a minor issue, "impacting some users", while in fact it impacts thousands of users. Maybe it needs to get as bad as nobody being able to access any group chat, to become a higher priority to finally fix this bug.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

Apparently it doesn't happen to many people at once, but it has been going on since August with the other group chat issues, people were complaining about not being able to see any group chat. Back then I even thought they were exaggerating, then a month ago it happened to me too. No group chat. At all. For a whole week. Then it was working again. I keep hearing about more people being hit by this issue though, and it's really not reassuring.

It's interesting while chat of some large groups apparently doesn't work for about a month now, and others can't access any group chat, yet others experience the "usual" issues with just missing some messages all the time, fixing the only form of inworld mass communication takes so long and also seems not to be a priority. When the Marketplace or Bake Service goes down, it is treated as a priority and brought back to service ASAP. The post about "group chat issues" is out since September 1, and it says "We are aware of failures with message delivery in group chat which are impacting some users" like it was just a minor issue, "impacting some users", while in fact it impacts thousands of users. Maybe it needs to get as bad as nobody being able to access any group chat, to become a higher priority to finally fix this bug.

I found (not sure it applies to anyone else) that even though the group chat window wouldn't open when new messages arrived, if I manually opened the groups I wanted to monitor (and managed to get them to stay open) then I would get "some" group chat.  There is something wrong with the trigger/monitor for opening the group chat window as well as disappearing chat.

So, I login and open my commonly monitored groups if I can and then I get messages.  If I don't do that, I get nothing at all going forward.

I mention it because it may help, on the other hand, even if it is the same for you, it may not help because group chat is still borked and even if you can see portions of it and occasionally manage post the odd message, not much makes sense most of the time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.