Wouldn't "Bungalow" (Craftsman Style) Linden Homes be kinda cool?

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To me, the Doyle has a real bungalow feel to it, despite the Victorian gingerbread.  (Some people do really tart up their bungalows RL, of course).  And the original design of the Alderly, which we saw at the Fairgrounds only, also to me felt bungalow-ish, particularly with the half-moon little porch out front. 

You can get awfully close to a Craftsman bungalow starting from an Adams.  I'm sure there are larger addons with Craftsman details, but this person is certainly headed in that direction (I derendered some ivy).  Add some stained glass, roof buttresses, and fieldsone supports for the pillars ... pretty close!

adams_001.thumb.jpg.1630c93137f8a884e6fba56355f6966d.jpg

I don't think I'd want them to do a whole theme just for Craftsman.  If LL DOES release some new floorplans for the trads, maybe an open one, seems to me we could get awfully close to Craftsman on our own.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

T

1 hour ago, Forrest Mercury said:

You never know, they may always just end up adding a few more variations to the existing styles in the mailbox, rather than an entirely new theme. At least then I wouldn't have to give up my log home plot!

True---that would be cool too! :)

• Like 1

My idea of a "Bungalow" has shake shingles, some stone/rock work, big shady front porches, and built in china cabinets and shelving for books and knick knacks ---However, I see why you guys might think they Alderley and Adams trads are already too similar because they have the pitched roofs.. :)

Edited by Fay Starlight

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I heard there was a hint dropped (may not be true) that the next housing style was named with a "B", and this was all I could think of, LOL!

Errrr ... maybe .... beach home?  Something like this?

tortuga_001.png.032cfd0f0a8a48dbceb347d64f3e4eee.png

🤣🙃

Of course, there's also Bunkers, Brick Houses, Brownstones, and one I'm astonished, astonished I tell you, that you didn't suggest!

Butterfly Plan Homes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Forrest Mercury said:

You never know, they may always just end up adding a few more variations to the existing styles in the mailbox, rather than an entirely new theme. At least then I wouldn't have to give up my log home plot!

Due to how they landscape the areas around the homes, this would only be possible if they create a new home that fits completely within the composite lego piece of the current 4 homes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Errrr ... maybe .... beach home?  Something like this?

tortuga_001.png.032cfd0f0a8a48dbceb347d64f3e4eee.png

🤣🙃

Of course, there's also Bunkers, Brick Houses, Brownstones, and one I'm astonished, astonished I tell you, that you didn't suggest!

Butterfly Plan Homes!

I thought of Brownstones,  beach homes-(but thought the stilts were really more or less that?) Never heard of Butterfly Homes!

On 10/3/2020 at 5:10 PM, Fay Starlight said:

Too similar to existing styles?  Nonsense.  Sure, a craftsman has elements of traditionals, log homes, Victorians, and even the yet to be released stilt homes, but this is a plus in my opinion.  They would easily blend with the current home styles, and would be right at home in a traditional or Victorian neighborhood.  I'd take a classic craftsman over any of the current options all day long.  You can approximate one by tweaking an existing style, but it requires a lot of work, eats up a lot of LI, and never looks quite right.  

mc_sanbornhouse_608x436.png?mh=0&w=608&m 

49fa8eb9e932dd829493e91b9c824a12.jpg

5881ae114c106cbab02c59c21f876ccc.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Too similar to existing styles?  Nonsense.  Sure, a craftsman has elements of traditionals, log homes, Victorians, and even the yet to be released stilt homes, but this is a plus in my opinion.  They would easily blend with the current home styles, and would be right at home in a traditional or Victorian neighborhood.  I'd take a classic craftsman over any of the current options all day long.  You can approximate one by tweaking an existing style, but it requires a lot of work, eats up a lot of LI, and never looks quite right.  

mc_sanbornhouse_608x436.png?mh=0&w=608&m 

49fa8eb9e932dd829493e91b9c824a12.jpg

5881ae114c106cbab02c59c21f876ccc.jpg

I think they would be an beautiful option myself... love the picture you added! :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.