How to move System (BoM) eyes up and down in the head?

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently always used mesh eyes.  Today I am trying some BoM eyes from Glam Affair, but they sit too high in my LeLutka Nova head.  I can't find any way of moving them down.  Is there a way of doing this?  (I know, at my age, I should know this stuff...)

When you say "using BOM eyes" do you mean that you have removed the mesh eyes altogether and are using only the system eyes, or are you using mesh eyes that have been converted to BOM?

If you are using the system eyes, you can't move them. You can't move rigged mesh eyes either, but if you are using the rigged mesh eyes that came with your head, you won't need to, they are already rigged to be in the correct place.  If you are using unrigged mesh eyes, you move them using the normal edit window.

But you should not be wearing a mesh head without also mesh eyes. The eyes are in a different position from the system avatar on most of them. You just have to convert the mesh eyes to BOM (using the lelutka hud)

Thanks for the replies.  These eyes are a Glam Affair set of eyes, sold as BOM just today, but in fact they turn out to be system eyes.  I'll ask them that to do.  No instruction or documentation as per usual with stuff various on SL.  I should have obeyed my 'no demo, no sale' rule.

5 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

Thanks for the replies.  These eyes are a Glam Affair set of eyes, sold as BOM just today, but in fact they turn out to be system eyes.  I'll ask them that to do.  No instruction or documentation as per usual with stuff various on SL.  I should have obeyed my 'no demo, no sale' rule.

They should work on your letutka eyes if they came with one of the newer heads.  

Lelutka’s new Evolution range of heads are BoM by default, but the eyes are not. You will need to activate BoM on those specifically. To do this: Add your LeLUTKA.HUD; Click the ‘eye’ icon; Click BAKES ON MESH at the top; Activating Bakes on Mesh on a Lelutka Evolution head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had hoped to shave off some avatar complexity numbers by forgoing the mesh eyes for my Andrea head and get by with the system eyes.  It didn't go so well for reasons @Maitimo mentioned.  So I had to wear the Letlutka eyes, get the Omega kit and BoM relay.  This was for the Origins line.

Since Nova is from the newer Evolution line, good news is you don't need to buy any extra converter kits for BoM eyes.  Simply wear the Letlutka eyes, go to the Eyes tab in the head HUD, and click on the BoM button like @RowanMinx said above.  Your Glam Affair eyes haven't gone to waste.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 2

I got some advice from Glam Affair, and your advice above (everyone) is good.

https://gyazo.com/9705e85a00f0fc6203d559fa928ab897  is where I set the eyes to BOM.

https://gyazo.com/629dfb970d09c9f8ae51ec46570f5f3e  is the answer to my original question.

The key, of course, to all this is to get rid of all the alphas, what are called BoM eyes are actually System eyes, and all that I have learned now about BoM eyes on Lelutka Evolution applies to the old system eyes I found in my inventory! (some of them are pretty terrible)

Thank you all again, and thanks to Kess Massimo(kess.crystal) of Glam Affair in world.

EDIT:

What I missed in all my arrogance about knowing this stuff was that you also wear the 'LeLutka.Eyes.Nova.x.x'  mesh that comes with the head.

Edited by Anna Nova
Found out extra stuff.

16 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I got some advice from Glam Affair, and your advice above (everyone) is good.

https://gyazo.com/9705e85a00f0fc6203d559fa928ab897  is where I set the eyes to BOM.

https://gyazo.com/629dfb970d09c9f8ae51ec46570f5f3e  is the answer to my original question.

The key, of course, to all this is to get rid of all the alphas, what are called BoM eyes are actually System eyes, and all that I have learned now about BoM eyes on Lelutka Evolution applies to the old system eyes I found in my inventory! (some of them are pretty terrible)

Thank you all again, and thanks to Kess Massimo(kess.crystal) of Glam Affair in world.

But when I have tested, with Evolution heads, done just the same as you show in the images, it does not work. I can not explain it. It is the same ways I work as I said in my first reply, the tab with the strange shape that I thought was a DNA- string symbol. I know just where the turn on BoM is, that I must take off alpha, and move the arrows. It does not work or it works in so small ways that I can not see it.

So I am happy it works for you, I can't say that it works for all, since I have evidence from testing it on myself. It is not difficult to do these 3 steps, and I will not say that it is too hard to understand for me. Yet, I am not satisfied. I am not a very patient person, and my complexity is always low, so after trying it out, I stop and use appliers instead. I think: "Should I save a little complexity and try and try again, or do I stop now and do something fun instead?"

Not that it is related to Lelutka, but after seeing the new Catwa heads, I found out that they would not work well with my temperament. It is a very short time I want to try out new things before I say stop, and use something I know works for me.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling error
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But when I have tested, with Evolution heads, done just the same as you show in the images, it does not work. I can not explain it. It is the same ways I work as I said in my first reply, the tab with the strange shape that I thought was a DNA- string symbol. I know just where the turn on BoM is, that I must take off alpha, and move the arrows. It does not work or it works in so small ways that I can not see it.

So I am happy it works for you, I can't say that it works for all, since I have evidence from testing it on myself. It is not difficult to do these 3 steps, and I will not say that it is too hard to understand for me. Yet, I am not satisfied. I am not a very patient person, and my complexity is always low, so after trying it out, I stop and use appliers instead. II am like "Should I save a little complexity and try and try again, or do I stop now and do something fun instead?"

Not that it is related to Lelutka, but after seeing the new Catwa heads, I found out that they would not work well with my temperament. It is a very short time I want to try out new things before I say stop, and use something I know works for me.

I found out that none of this works at all unless you also wear the 'LeLutka.Eyes.Nova.x.x'  mesh that comes with the head.

I assumed these were not required, but that are!  Hope this helps @Marianne Little

Edited by Anna Nova
Found out more!
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I had hoped to shave off some avatar complexity numbers by forgoing the mesh eyes for my Andrea head and get by with the system eyes.  It didn't go so well for reasons @Maitimo mentioned.  So I had to wear the Letlutka eyes, get the Omega kit and BoM relay.  This was for the Origins line.

Since Nova is from the newer Evolution line, good news is you don't need to buy any extra converter kits for BoM eyes.  Simply wear the Letlutka eyes, go to the Eyes tab in the head HUD, and click on the BoM button like @RowanMinx said above.  Your Glam Affair eyes haven't gone to waste.

NOW I understand what you said!  The key for me was the 'Simply wear the Letlutka eyes' wasn't simple!

I had just put on some 'eyes' from the Glam Affair pack, hey!  they even had the 'eye' icon in the inventory!  But it turns out that the eye icon signals a texture that is to be applied to the eyes.  This was a fundamental misunderstanding on my part.  DoH!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I think what people sometimes forget, is what BOM actually means. BOM stands for "Bakes on Mesh".  If there's no mesh, it's not BOM, it's just system.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I think what people sometimes forget, is what BOM actually means. BOM stands for "Bakes on Mesh".  If there's no mesh, it's not BOM, it's just system.

Yes, indeed.  For me the revelation was to change my thinking about the so-called System things (eyes, pants, panties, jacket, shirt, etc...) which have special Icons in the inventory.  They are ALL in fact TEXTURES that apply to defined areas of the system (pre-mesh) body, and after the introductions of BoM to a mesh body area.

Somehow, although I realized this to some extent, I had missed the fact it applies to eyes too. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.