Matching terrain texture in Bellisseria

MilleBliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably a question that has been answered before but I can't find it. Is it possible to get the terrain textures somewhere? I am adding a stream behind my log house, and it would look much better with the matching grass texture on it. Or does anyone know of some textures I could buy that are close? Thanks!

Blue Moon Stream_001.png

• Like 3

What I did is not perfect, and you have to get just the right dimentions, but I put my camera looking directly down on the Linden terrain, gyazo'd what was my best estimation of what the complete texture square was, saved that to my computer then uploaded the texture to my inventory. It might be trial and error to get the right seamless texture, but this way works when you can't find an exact match.

(edit) if this is considered stealing and against a rule, I'm sorry! I think it's ok when it's a LL texture?

Edited by Morena Tully
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The sand texture used throughout Belli appears to be "Beach Sand" in your library.

You can see the terrain textures pretty well, and who/when uploaded them, by going to World/Region Details/Terrain tab and clicking on each texture. The grassy textures appear to be uploaded by Magic Mole in August 2018; the higher level dark mountain texture by Squishy Mole about a year ago.

I can't imagine that I'm infringing on anything by sharing this; in general, LL has eventually put Mainland terrains in the library.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

That helps so much Nika. I'm going to replace a bunch of sand textures that approximated sand in trad and vic regions. Doing so will help diminish lag.

You're welcome! 

Caveat: I'm not much of a builder, but I think that there is no way of telling if the Beach Sand texture we see in the terrain tab actually has the same UUID as the Beach Sand texture in our libraries.  But it's a good guess that it is exactly the same.  In which case, you would want to use the texture directly out of the library (yes, the texture picker lets you do that), as opposed to making a copy in your inventory.  If you use a copy of Beach Sand, it will have a different UUID, and thus may as well be a pic of Philip Linden's bedizened codpiece, as far as SL knows.

If someone who knows better comes along, please feel free to correct my assumptions!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

While I agree that using the EXACT same texture as that in the terrain file would be optimum, I would like to point out that even if you use a 1024 texture for your projects -- that is ONE 1024 texture for your viewer to show you. 

MANY (oh so very many) small decor items have up to or more than ten 1024 textures on them -- this in one food tray for example.

So perspective LOL.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.