AmberWildcool

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.

I need some advice or a tutorial that talks me through updating my Avatar Lelutka Head & Maitreya Body. I have no experience in this & am now finding many things BOM that i buy eg Tattoos & they are going on my Body as Creators still give basic but they are not going on her head as no option available sighs which renders them useless. Also is this complicated as i seem to find it all so complex. Learning alone is very hard & i have even had to go around with no face on at all for a week (appliers were the problem easy when you know) ~ if it is complex tell me as i will live without the tattoo lol

Thanks all and stay safe out there ~ kindest wishes Amber 

Hey Amber, if you still need help feel free to hit me up in world. I can see if I can answer any of your questions.

Edit. If you are looking for  a BOM tutorial,  I would definitely check out Skell's very indepth series, and maybe start here. As for Lelutka questions, I don't know of any tutorials for their heads off hand. However, I do have one of their new evolution heads that I wear all the time, and would be happy to help with any questions. 

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
Definitely didn't read this in it's entirety at first.
  • Like 1

Thank you so much Laurel.

I so appreciate your reply & think i asked to many questions in one one post:)

I need to start at the beginning on how to update my head & body. All i know is i have them ready to go ~ but i mess up so much i honestly am scared to touch them.
Bakes ~ on mesh *BOM* are a long way done the road. I need a youtube Video step Tutorial on how to update (i cannot find one!) as in using the older release i cannot use the Bakes on Mesh sighs ~ i would not put you through trying to guide me at this juncture i need to know to much for anyone person to attempt to talk me through:)

Kindest wishes you are very kind ~ Amber 

Edited by AmberWildcool

One thing to keep  in mind is that playing and experimenting with your mesh will rarely ever break it even if it looks a little wild! Make sure to make a base outfit ,and then make copies of your mesh parts, and making another outfit with the copies. That way if some goes wrong, you aren't stuck until someone can help you. 

1. What head from Lelutka do you specifically have? I suspect you might have one of the Origin heads , this is the official manual from Lelutka website for them. 

2. What version of Maitreya do you have? 5.2 is the most up to date version. Here is a video about the latest version of Maiteya from Rosie Helendale.

3. The reason why you keep seeing so many new products as bakes on mesh is because that is where avatar customization is shifting. Essentially bakes on mesh allows us to wear system layers on top of our  mesh bodies and heads. 

4. If you already have the most up to date Maitreya , that body is bom capable and might be why the tattoo is showing up there. The head might need some additional help to go bom (activating bom on your hud, and removing your alpha), but it is hard to say without knowing about which tattoo you are trying to apply , the head , and body information. I know you don't feel ready to make the plunge yet, and by no means trying to force you to go BOM, there are just a lot of factors to consider.

I hope I didn't confuse you further. The reason why I offer personal help is because I like being of service so it's no hardship for me. Regardless, feel free to im me if you have more specific questions. You'll get it, just stick with it!

• Like 1

Dear Laurel.

I thank you so much for your time. You did not confuse me at all you are very easy to follow.

My head from Lelutka is Bento Mesh Head Chloe. I have read the official manual a few times & honestly do not know how anyone gets it.

My Body has not been updated either so neither are BOM capable & i see i will have problems with this as already the example of the Tattoo (the body of that Tattoo had BOM options & a Maitreya one but sadly not for the head) leaving that aside as it is just an example of what i am now up against ~ at least i know the reason. I looked at a Tutorial of BOM it looks easier if that is possible although who would need to use 40 layers lol... I still cannot find any Tutorial on how to update which really would have helped me ~ without this i have no hope of doing it.

I wish i had BOM as i am already running into problems but with no step by step for body or head i am lost & i wish i could just close my eyes and have beautiful Amber updated:))) Many times already i have felt overwhelmed but the more i learn the more i see how little i know. You see Amber was a gift (a beautiful gift) but when i began to use her and i mean really use her i saw i had been given no favours as i had to learn backwards almost an impossible task. The though keeps come to me to make a new Amber and begin from scratch but in honesty i feel i will never get it now ~ it has made me actually sad and frustrated also stressed & it should be fun not tears!

If i had more time free but sadly everything i do is rushed ~ my biggest love is photographing her ~ she is so beautiful that is my pleasure but makeups are already going BOM so i see myself heading toward a brick wall. 

I can tell you honestly i won't get it ~ it is like a mental block now and my spirit is low from all i have tried so hard to learn & then i get hit by BOM lol...

I came from another World were i was top of my field a huge world but once you taste SL and the beauty there is no going back ~ so now i am stuck in no mans land:(

I wish you a very happy weekend ahead & also admire your ability to know all you do and explain it so clearly ~ stay safe Amber 

15 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

Dear Laurel.

I thank you so much for your time. You did not confuse me at all you are very easy to follow.

My head from Lelutka is Bento Mesh Head Chloe. I have read the official manual a few times & honestly do not know how anyone gets it.

My Body has not been updated either so neither are BOM capable & i see i will have problems with this as already the example of the Tattoo (the body of that Tattoo had BOM options & a Maitreya one but sadly not for the head) leaving that aside as it is just an example of what i am now up against ~ at least i know the reason. I looked at a Tutorial of BOM it looks easier if that is possible although who would need to use 40 layers lol... I still cannot find any Tutorial on how to update which really would have helped me ~ without this i have no hope of doing it.

I wish i had BOM as i am already running into problems but with no step by step for body or head i am lost & i wish i could just close my eyes and have beautiful Amber updated:))) Many times already i have felt overwhelmed but the more i learn the more i see how little i know. You see Amber was a gift (a beautiful gift) but when i began to use her and i mean really use her i saw i had been given no favours as i had to learn backwards almost an impossible task. The though keeps come to me to make a new Amber and begin from scratch but in honesty i feel i will never get it now ~ it has made me actually sad and frustrated also stressed & it should be fun not tears!

If i had more time free but sadly everything i do is rushed ~ my biggest love is photographing her ~ she is so beautiful that is my pleasure but makeups are already going BOM so i see myself heading toward a brick wall. 

I can tell you honestly i won't get it ~ it is like a mental block now and my spirit is low from all i have tried so hard to learn & then i get hit by BOM lol...

I came from another World were i was top of my field a huge world but once you taste SL and the beauty there is no going back ~ so now i am stuck in no mans land:(

I wish you a very happy weekend ahead & also admire your ability to know all you do and explain it so clearly ~ stay safe Amber 

If you are using Maitreya body, the update to BOM is free.  Just stop by the store and have it redelivered.  Also, your head should/is BOM compatible.  Just have to turn it on using the head HUD

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

My head from Lelutka is Bento Mesh Head Chloe

Activating BoM on a Lelutka Origins (non-Evolution range) Bento mesh head

Your Lelutka head needs to be at least v3.4, as the Bakes on Mesh textures were updated to the new ones in this version. You can deliver an update by clicking the button on the Settings tab of your head’s HUD.

Important: Bakes on Mesh will not apply to the eyes, which is why you need to wear a specific alpha from your folder (this is actually an eye only alpha, which means you can continue wearing applier eyes.)

1. Wear your Lelutka head and its HUD
  2. Remove all of your alpha layers
  3. Add the alpha called LeLutka.Alpha.Head&Body.BOM  that’s in the folder
  4. Go into the Essentials tab of the HUD
  5. Click the BakeOnMesh button shown below (male HUD is shown; female HUD should have the button in a similar place)

bom_lelutka.jpg

Activating BoM on Maitreya Lara body

Your Maitreya body needs to be at least v5.0 (I suggest checking redelivery, though, as there have been several bugfix updates since the v5.0 BOM release; at the time of writing this post, Maitreya Lara is on v5.2.

1. Add the Maitreya body and its HUD
  2. Remove all of your alpha layers
  3. In the SKIN/BASE tab of the HUD, click the BAKES ON MESH button. (The text and outline will be white once it’s active.)

bom_maitreya.jpg

For troubleshooting any issues, scroll to the bottom of this post. For more info (in a 'For Dummies' format, like the RL books) have a look at this link.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me personalised detailed step by step.

I have myself so upset over this whole thing & been reading all day + tutorials. Words or terms that are common to most are alien to me ~ this is how new i am ~ i have just bought my first pair of eyes & was not brave enough to change them lol... What ever happened to my confidence although a month ago i had little or no understanding of hud ~ i am sad really lol

The body sounds easier as i can already imagine Amber with no eyes ~ so i am going to stop thinking and upsetting myself over it ~ its supposed to be fun & if i cannot find this i will leave.I will try the body. I am now tired and will read this without the headache i have given myself & your *Dummies Tutorial* was kindly given to me & that even confused me. 

Thank you for your time and kindness ~ it is refreshing to see so much solidarity and kindness here.... Kindest wishes Amber

Ps. The part that has confused me from get go ~ do i not have to remove Ambers head first to add the new updated version & body. There should be a place were you hire people to do this for you (laughing) i am sure they would make a fortune as i would gladly pay 😝

Edited by AmberWildcool

There's no rush to get to grips with it all immediately. The more we struggle with something, the more we need to tell ourselves 'Okay, time to step back, go and do something else, then come back to this with a fresh eye later'. Take your time and try just one thing; master that thing first and build your confidence with it. Customising your avatar should be fun dress-up time, not a huge, stressful hassle! Maybe start with learning how to use those eyes? :)

The part that has confused me from get go ~ do i not have to remove Ambers head first to add the new updated version & body.

When you have your new, redelivered and updated copies, then yes you need to detach your old mesh head and body so you can wear the new ones. Otherwise you'll be wearing two heads and two bodies ;)

There should be a place were you hire people to do this for you (laughing) i am sure they would make a fortune as i would gladly pay 😝

Well, there are people you can go to for that (but it's highly recommended not to give anyone else access to your account). In addition, it's better to learn how to do this yourself, because otherwise if anything happens in the future - let's say you click a button and oops, your head gets tinted blue! - you'll have no idea how to clear away that blue and get back to normal, without finding the person who originally got you set up in the first place.

My modus operandi as a CSR and manager for a mesh head brand in SL is that old saying: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime." It holds just as true in SL with avatar customisation. If someone just tells you what to do each time, you'll struggle to find the confidence you need in order to do the work (and even experiment!) on your own in future.

If you need any more help, or have any more questions - no matter how simple (or even how silly) you think they are - then don't hesitate to keep asking in this thread, okay?

Edited by Skell Dagger

Hi Skell.

I truly do not think i have read such a kind and thoughtful message ~ it nearly feels as though you know me. Yes i agree with all you say & i am taking your advice as i have been so upset & still am at the not knowing how to do this (i feel like a fish out of water) but so loved your saying as it is so very true ~ the worst gift i was given was Amber made but i feel some wanted me here instead of my other World) sadly no favours for me. 

You are right ~ i am going to spend time on my learning course & get eyes on ~ little by little so i am not overwhelmed. I am only becoming familiar with this Hud & in understanding it will lead me to next level. You did make me laugh as the basic question and it is ~ in removing head to replace is logical to me but nothing is logic in our World how anyone made it so complex is beyond me (i would need a degree or have begun this adventure when i was 16). 

Goodness you are CSR and Manager for a head in SL how awesome & you made time here for me ~ i thank you with all my heart you are a gentleman & i hope you have looked at my beautiful Amber the reason i stay ~ she has a personality of her own & is simply beautiful.

I will not be shy to ask you a question when i feel ready to try this although the thought of removing her body puts me in terror lmao. It will be a while so do not worry i will not be a pest:)

Kind wishes & you truly are amazing ~ Amber 

Hi there.

I have thought of something that might work for me & still keep my Amber up and running while i perhaps destroy her (laughing) in updating her body & face to latest BOM and move her forward like updating software.

I save my outfits so if i just save this one (UPDATE) and work on it when i wish & return to her saved outfits that are still perfect (or are they) so i can carry on day to day life with her in tact. Can this be done as for me my biggest worry is not being able to have her with no going back.

This is just an idea and one that came to me ~ i am sure i probably am shooting for the stars on this idea but worth asking as i would go ahead if i knew i had a safety net ~ if not i think i will be eating that fish for just a day:)

Kind wishes in hope Amber 

1 hour ago, AmberWildcool said:

I save my outfits so if i just save this one (UPDATE) and work on it when i wish & return to her saved outfits that are still perfect (or are they) so i can carry on day to day life with her in tact. Can this be done as for me my biggest worry is not being able to have her with no going back.

This is going to be quite long, so I hope it makes sense. What you're asking here kind of needs two answers, plus some explanations. As before, take your time with these. It's a lot of text to get through at first, but I've tried to break it down and explain as simply as possible.

The TL;DR version of the below (and to answer your main question) I would strongly suggest doing the following, before you start experimenting:

1. Create a new folder in your inventory
  2. Name this folder something like TESTING
  3. Place into that folder copies of your shape, your mesh head, your mesh body, your mesh eyes, and the HUDs that you need to use those mesh body parts. Don't use the Outfits option for this; actually right-click-copy and right-click-paste the items. You can open a second inventory window to help you do this (it saves a lot of scrolling!)
  4. When you want to experiment or test anything out, detach your current outfit and wear everything in that TESTING folder
  5. When you've finished testing and experimenting, simply change back into your usual outfit

Doing that is the SL equivalent of pulling the living room bookcase away from the wall so you can try out some new paint tester pots behind it and then hiding the paint swatches away by pushing the bookcase back against the wall when you have visitors ;)

I don't recommending using a saved outfit when you're trying things out, for this reason: mesh heads and mesh bodies will remember their previous state, and that previous state will be remembered across all outfits until the state is changed. How this works depends on whether you're using appliers to texture your head and body, or you're fully BoM (Bakes on Mesh). Of the two options, full BoM is easier when it comes to saving outfits.

Now onto the details explaining that, and because this is long I'm going to put it behind a spoiler tag. Click the tag to read it.

If you're saving outfits via the viewer (as in: the outfits go into the Outfits inventory folder, and the outfits include any mesh body parts (mesh head, mesh body, mesh eyes, etc) then you do need to be aware of the way that mesh body parts and outfits in general work.

An outfit that's created via the Outfits option of the viewer simply comprises a series of links to the original item in your inventory. Think of them like shortcuts on your computer. Here's an example.

How outfits work

In RL let's say you have an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of your spending. That spreadsheet is called budget.xml, and it sits in My Documents > Financial. But you get a bit fed up of having to either dig through your My Documents folder, or scroll down through the 'previous files' list in Excel, so you create a Desktop shortcut to the budget.xml file. When you double-click on that desktop shortcut it automatically launches the file that you need.

In SL let's say you have an outfit called My Base Outfit. It comprises everything you need to wear for the absolute basics of any look - a 'nude outfit' that you can then start to dress up - so that would be the four system items you cannot remove (system shape, skin, eyes, and hair), your mesh head, your mesh body, and the HUDs for the head and body. Each item in that outfit is SL's equivalent to a 'desktop shortcut' to the original item (the My Documents > Financial > budget.xml file) in your inventory.

How mesh heads and bodies work

Here's the applier version

Lets say that you create an outfit where you're wearing a bikini, sarong, pair of sandals, and a frangipani flower in your hair. It's a beach outfit, so you want to be tanned. You change your skin applier to be a nice tanned one. You add some nice, bright, summery applier makeup that looks great on a tanned skin. You save that outfit and call it Beach Outfit.

You have a dance later that evening, so you want to get ready for that in advance, so let's say that you then put on a formal ballgown and heels. This time you don't want to be tanned, so you change your applier skin to be pale. Against that pale skin the bright summery makeup looks a bit too much, so you change your applier makeup to be more subtle. You save that outfit and call it Formal.

You then change back into the Beach Outfit so you can head off to catch some virtual rays, but you notice that your skin is still pale and not tanned, and you're still wearing the subtle makeup from your Formal outfit instead of the bright beach makeup.

The reason for that is the outfit links (or shortcuts) mentioned at the start of this post. You're not saving copies of the body and head; you're saving links to the original body and head. So it stands that whatever state the original body and head are currently in (ie: which appliers you last applied to them) will carry across to all outfits they're saved in until you change that state (ie: apply different appliers to them).

The above is why I recommend not saving your 'update' look as an outfit. Whatever you change on that mesh head and mesh body will carry across to every other outfit that they're linked to. If you change your head and body in that 'update' outfit to be BoM, for example, every other linked instance of the head and body in all of your other outfit folders will also be BoM (but because those oufits will also still contain the alpha layers that we don't use with BoM, you'll look really strange when you next try them on!) For any testing at all, use the 'copy' method at the start of this post. Do that until you're familiar enough with how everything works, and you've built the confidence to start updating all of your existing outfits.

Here's the BoM version

With BoM you set up your mesh head and mesh body just once, to be able to use BoM. As long as you don't subsequently then use an applier skin on that mesh head and body, it will remain BoM. With BoM you don't put anything else on the head and body. Instead you change the system layers that you're wearing underneath it all. (My BoM for Dummies post explains how that works.)

Let's go back to your two outfits - Beach and Formal - again.

You're wearing your BoM mesh head and BoM mesh body. You wear a tanned system/BoM skin. You add your bright, summery makeup using a system tattoo layer. You then add the bikini, sarong, sandals, and flower. You save the outfit and call it Beach Outfit.

If you then look inside that Beach Outfit folder you'll see links (shortcuts!) to the system/BoM skin and the makeup tattoo layer(s) that you used. That means those items will automatically be worn - and subsequently change how you look - the next time you wear that outfit.

Wearing your BoM mesh head and BoM mesh body, you then wear a pale system/BoM skin, and add that subtle makeup. You add your formal ballgown and heels, and save that outfit as Formal.

Look inside the Formal outfit folder. You'll see a link to the pale system/BoM skin and the subtle tattoo layer makup. Again, that means those items will automatically be worn - and subsequently change how you look - the next time you wear that outfit.

With BoM your mesh head and mesh body don't change, and they don't need to change. All of the texture changes are made using system layers, and those system layers will be linked to in the outfit. The only 'state' that your mesh head and body will remember is "I'm set up for BoM" rather than "I'm set up with a tanned applier skin and summery applier makeup and I'm not going to automatically change to a pale skin and subtle makeup when you put on that formal outfit".

Lots to take in, I know. Any questions, keep asking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Being comfortable with experimentation in SL is important, if not basic, to life inSL. Since SL does not have an UNDO button, we have to figure out another way. Skell beat me to this and his way is slightly different.

The easiest way I know to experiment with avatar appearance is to make Outfits. Press Ctrl-O or click Me->Appearance or right-click the avatar and select Appearance or put the Appearance button on screen (a t-shirt icon) to open the Appearance panel. This saves a list of everything your avatar is wearing, i.e., skin, shape, clothes, HUDs, gestures...

The only problem is appliers. They make changes the Appearance system can't see. The work around is as suggested by others above, use copies of your body and head.

For me this looks like this. First I make a 'working' copy of whatever, head, body, eyes... I save the original items as a backup never using using them unless I need to make a copy. I get my nude avatar looking as I want using copies of body and head. I save that as an Outfit named something like !!!Nude ROVJE (Redux Original, Viola Skin, Jennifer head, with Eyes - I only have classic eyes and one set of mesh eyes so E means the mesh eyes). This becomes my starting point for new outfits. Using another copy of body and head I make a nude TEST outfit. This one I use for demo of skins and other applier things. I also consider it a throw-away outfit I can toss and start over with new copies of body and head.

With these basic outfits I can wear one and dress or experiment. If I like the result I can save that as a new outfit. But before I do, I usually save the head and body as a new copy when I know I will be making changes or using appliers. I have a folder of heads with different make up. 

• Clothes
    • Basics
      • Heads
        • Jennifer
          • Red Bright
          • Red Dark
    • Makeup
    • Hair

The final copies I use along with the clothes then get saved as an outfit. I may use the head with a makeup combination in several outfits.

All this avoids making a change that affects what I have already made and use in oher outfits.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for all your input. 

As of yet i am learning here also so forgive my reply in one ~ as i have not figured out how to cut and reply to each person ~ the story of my life it would seem.

Skell your in dept theory is all so logical ~ in practice i will never have your skills ~ if you saw how i work my inventory of saved items you would laugh but it works & that took me months to get to grips with. I often wonder how i can do anything here but i am going back to the eye balls stage & still thinking of the one fish big time:)))

Nalates i think your opening line says it all for me ~ i have never been comfortable & seeing as that is basic to the SL way ~ i am going to declare defeat at this juncture.

Lillith your one line gave me a glimmer of light & or hope ~ i feel you guys will not be getting anymore of my amazing ideas as they just keep making it all more complicated ~ my wish will never be realised & the only way to learn is from the beginning not from the most beautiful Avatar gifted to me for my Birthday.

I will sleep on this and read all this information another 10 times tomorrow to try and format it in my head which seems to have a mental block  :)

Night all stay safe and GB hugs Amber 

@AmberWildcool Don't get discouraged,  it seems that the process is very overwhelming, and that is because it is! Even those of us that have been around well over 10 years did not arrive at our current appearances all at once. We had a slow incline from system to mesh avatars. Starting now might feel more like a mountain, but we are here to assist you! And trust me you are helping others by asking these questions too! You help people like me understand what a brand new user or newly returned user's experience is in 2020 which is invaluable.

A couple of new questions for you. What viewer are you using for Second Life? The official one from Linden Lab or a third party like Firestorm? The reason I ask is because while most of the features in these viewers are the same , they might be organized slightly differently which can lead to some unnecessary confusion when we give directions. I learned this the hard way when I was helping another returning avatar.

My last question is about where you are currently in your journey. Do you still need help figuring out how to save copies of your current avatar?

• Like 2

Hi Laurel.

I for sure hope i help someone that has half a brain. I never in my life knew anything so complex but truly my own fault as learning back to front is nearly impossible (although i now know my way around stuff) remember Amber was made as a gift for me & i had little to adjust. If i had made my own & i am strongly thinking of doing so except i have no need for an alt or the expense other than i would know it all ~  all i love is taking pictures but of late i realised i need to use more props as i do portraits & thats makeups tattoos etc ~ this is were i realised BOM had me!
Discouraged & overwhelmed is true ~ i am not sure i have enough years left to catch up even! When you grow with a World it is a piece of cake although i have really only begun to learn in the past two months what a Hud is:))) 
The viewer i was advised is Firestorm. As to were i am currently in my Journey (i stopped as i was totally stressed out lol) i have made my own system of saving outfits and its like my top inventory favourites about 300 & when i want to make a new image i go through them (they are my bible) choose one & make a new outfit of it so i can mess it to pieces and add things etc till i get what i want to take a picture with.
I am going to show you how i walked about a few months ago for a week ~ one click did this to her & not one person could help me ~ i actually cried & you will see why ~ everyone said they had never seen anyone make such a mess of a face:))) How i fixed her i will never remember as it took a week and then another week with two slugs on her face as eyebrows ~ appliers & skins i got a fear of & i mean really fear as you will agree when you see this :) this incident destroyed my own confidence. I show you this picture so that you might understand how bad i am. I also thank you so much so i end on giving you a laugh.
Kindest wishes Amber 

That page of the Hud caused all that in one click as i was trying to save a tattoo ~ i will never use it again even if i was paid:) 
I am ad a picture of my beautiful Amber as she is today ~ i never felt so alone as i did that day & i could never look at her face like that again i would be sick!

ZO.jpg

91c.jpg

• 1 month later...

@Skell Dagger

Hi Skell.

I am very happy to say i have worked through the eyes and am having such fun ~ it took me a lot to finally remove and change them (there had been an error made in the basic making of her ~ once i found this and understood it) i was changing eyes and buying eyes by the dozens:).

Today i finally got the courage from a Tutorial on youtube that had basic instructions on updating my Maitreya body & success i did it V5.2 perfect ~ sadly i had to then return back to the very old body as i discovered the body skin colours did not match my face and i had a horrid skin line on neck. (I could not find a similar tutorial for head sighs).

My question now to have the updated body i must have the updated head to mate with it is this correct. For now i am happy if i can just get the head on and have body and head skin matching ~ then take a break before i even think about bakes:))))

What i worked from was the picture *Inventory of new Body being used and copied exactly as she did and what she used in the inventory* so what i wish for is a picture of inventory head with the exact basic things i need to put on for now. Then match that with the body so the body & head colours mate ~ if this makes no sense no worries ~ kindest wishes always Amber 

Edited by AmberWildcool

Skell copied to you where to turn on BoM for the head, on August 28. It is as easy as the Maitreya. One click.

I copy and paste the female HUD, from LeLutka's website.

fESS-300x240.png

You can see Bakes on Mesh in pink, the same place as Skell marked it with green.

It is a great help if you open your appearance tab with what you are wearing (the t-shirt icon), stand next to it and select "Show interface" and take a snapshot. We can see just what you are wearing. Post it with your questions.

I assume you are wearing Glam Affair skins on your current avatar? Do you know that?

The Chloe head will not be updated more, do you have version 3.4?

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify

@AmberWildcool  I have stumbled across this thread now & it is very helpful.  I was having a horrible time trying to understand how these new avis work & was very close to giving up.   It was frustrating & I was horrified at the monstrosities I was making & losing confidence in my ability to come to grips with it all !!   With help from the folk here I now have an avi I like & am gaining the confidence to experiment more.  Indeed, I was going to come back & ask more questions but some of them have been answered in this thread & now crystallised for me that I am on the right track - so thanks for that.  🙂 

• Like 1

@Horus Salubrius i am so grateful you have got something from all my blunders & it is not easy but the people here have helped so much & in me sharing my horrid time here i am a lot further than i was & not giving up yet:))
I am so delighted you made an Avatar you like as they are sensational when you know how & you i am sure may need more information so just come here from time to time as i am a work in progress & have been saved from leaving by all these so kind people ~ lets hope we stay on the right track ~ but guess what we always have here to help us and some amazing people who care ~ enjoy and thank you for sharing you gave me a smile ~ wish me luck i am about to go and remove Ambers beautiful head and attempt the update which gives me so much stress:)
Kindest wishes Amber  :)

• Like 1

Hi There..

Body now up and running ~ worked out many issues and am a lot wiser:)

Head ready to attach ~ hud on and as i went through what i have to remove and attach ~ i have both up on screen i hit a problem.

Eyebrows & Shape: I do not know how to remove them or apply the new ones ~ if anyone out there could just tell me what to press i would be very grateful as i am working at this for hours.

Thank you so much in advance as no going back at this point & i can not do anything ~ Amber

zpp.jpg.f84b84ac2dbc0792efbcec8d027c4890.jpg
I attach a picture of the old Hud on my screen showing the options (there is none to just remove them as i would normally with everything& then add).

Hey Amber! In order to change your shape and brow shaper, you must wear another one. An avatar must always have a system shape, system eyes, a system brow/hair  and that is what .Lelutka.Brow Shape and one below it.  So if there are other ones you wish to wear, find those in your inventory and wear them. The old ones will be replaced with the new ones.

• Like 1

The eyebrow shaper does not change color on the brows. It only changes the shape - to change the color and other things than the shape, you must do this:

Select a browless skin from the skin applier you have. I think this head does not have browless skins. It only has basic skins. Get a demo for another skin if you can not find a box named something like browless skins or alternative skins in the head folder. Go to Glam Affair if you will continue to use Glam Affair skins. Add the applier and look at the alternatives and press one tab after another until you find a browless skin. You have an Origins head, so do not use a demo named LeLutka Evo or Evolution.

Buy demo eyebrows, like this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Eyebrows-Lelutka-LaraDawnSoftArch-DEMO/18347730 the head does not have browless skins.

Add one of the box symbols. You have an Origins head, so do not use a box named LeLutka Evo or Evolution.

Test different brows. If you get a blue pop-up window, confirm that you will use default layer. This pack also have their own brow shaper, wear it so you get the same height and arc. If you are not satisfied, buy other demos.

To clean the eyebrows: The eyebrow layer is not named eyebrows in this type head. They are either in the face or tattoo layer. Try to clear both until you got rid of them.

This face tab does not remove the skin, do not worry about that.

face2.png

Edited by Marianne Little
I am rewriting the reply
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.