Both my AVs logged in?

LalabaSola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If your computer system can handle it, you can have both of your accounts logged in at the same time.   You didn't say what you had tried, and what problems you ran into specifically, so here's some general info:

You have to run two instances of the viewer - 1 viewer for each account.  So it can be a little tricky sometimes switching back and forth between viewers and remembering which viewer is for which account.  The viewer I use has an option for having the avatar's name in the app title bar, which is helpful.  I don't know if all viewers do that or not.  

You may need to check a setting in the preferences for your viewer to allow multiple instances of the viewer you're using.  

If you're on a Mac the way to start up the second instance of the viewer may be different (it's been quite a few years since I used a Mac, but I do remember I had to do something different to start the 2nd instance that I do now on my Windows PC).

People generally like to stick with one viewer that they are used to using, but another option is to install a different viewer for the 2nd account to use. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LalabaSola said:

Hi thanks all I'd love to have both my avatars online at once, getting experience points, making money., sharing it with each other .. is that possible.? I Have not had any luck trying to log  both in at the same time.

what are experience points?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LalabaSola said:

Hi thanks all I'd love to have both my avatars online at once, getting experience points, making money., sharing it with each other .. is that possible.? I Have not had any luck trying to log  both in at the same time.

^^^ what both people above said. Yes, it is possible if your computer can handle it. But "experience points"? No, this isn't that type of game. In fact, you'll find a lot of people who will say it isn't a game. You don't level up. :) (I wish...sigh.) Money in SL is real money, in that it can be exchanged for USA$ or whatever your currency is. So share away, I'll take some! 

Loooooong time ago shot with three of my avatars (all on the same computer):

hs-harem_001 2013.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I can just run three viewers on my laptop but only for photos, and not for long.

It manages two much better, and for much longer, but the lag builds, and eventually one crashes.

Make sure you have lots of air space under your laptop. Run HWMonitor (free) and check your computer's components temperatures. If it is running hot, look up the model on YouTube and see how to clean it. If they show taking it apart and you are uncomfortable with that, at least notice what it is and where it is inside that they are cleaning. Blowing from the outside through the vents to hit those parts can help.

Some laptops just aren't designed to run all out for long periods.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

With Firestorm it's easy enough to have two viewers open at the same time; in Preferences, Advanced tab, tick "Allow Multiple Viewers". And be prepared to turn them both down to Low-Med settings (not the lowest possible though, for some reason, I find performance is slightly better if you raise it a notch).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.