Help with head and body

Akeysha Darkfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there...so, basically I've returned to SL after like 7 years and I'm really lost with all this...bento, catwa, omega, v-teck etc etc etc...

I have read some posts and guides on the net, but I don't really get them...I thought about stop getting into, but I won't give up without trying...

I was wondering if somebody could help me in-world...basically I just want to show the skin/shape I want to use and receive guidance on what to buy in order to wear them, that's it...

Hopefully somebody can assist me with this,

Thanks

I guess we are in different timezones, so a meet-up will be difficult. You can take snapshots of the skin/shape you will use and post them here, and ask for suggestions.

How did you find that skin/shape? Is it your old skin and shape you had before you returned? Or is it a new one? You can post links to images as well.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I guess we are in different timezones, so a meet-up will be difficult. You can take snapshots of the skin/shape you will use and post them here, and ask for suggestions.

How did you find that skin/shape? Is it your old skin and shape you had before you returned? Or is it a new one? You can post links to images as well.

Yeah, sure, I attached the picture of it and here's the direct link:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/sp-sasha-femboy-female-skin-shape/14105116

Not this one, but other demo came with a note saying this:

Hi! Make sure you have your OMEGA relay HUDs attached or bodies OMEGA activated. 
These skins ONLY use omega for Catwa, Slink, Maitreya, V-Tech, and Belleza. Make sure you have the absolute newest updates for your mesh body!

Hopefully, that helps u.u

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

@Akeysha Darkfold

I'll ping you in world. If times match I'm happy to help out.

SLT+8 UK

I will be so looking forward to meeting you, this thing has me stressed to be honest, I sent you an in-game message.

Thanks everybody!

40292018561_b6dd59852e_z_(1).jpg

Edited by Akeysha Darkfold
Attached file showed top part of lady
  • Like 1

Easiest way in my opinion

Slink redux body the complete pack it is a swimmers body frame hands and feet all in 1 if that is your style.

head slink separately or you can just use your system avatar head.

It is bom (baked on mesh) so you can apply skin and tattoos etc on the body and head.
If you go all slink including mesh head there is no neck line that some suffer from when applying a texture.

Also demo is free and can try to see how it is before purchasing.
If you still need more help can contact the slink support they are very helpful.

Here is the place
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slink/45/124/25

Alternatively stick to system avatar!

Edited by Zeotetra

I hope you got help inworld, it's been a while since your last post. I must reply once more because I disagree with @Zeotetraand I have to write in just in case you still follow the thread. It is her opinion, but it does not work for the skin you linked to. This skin can not be used with Slink Redux or system avatars. It can be good advice for other skins, but not in this case.

If you will look like the avatar with breasts, you need Maitreya mesh body (search Maitreya Isle, go there and get the demo. If you want no breasts, you still need Maitreya mesh body Demo, but you need the V-Tech demo too. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/V-TechBoi-Chest-Mod-For-Maitreya-DEMO/10055286

(((The head is more difficult, since it is discontinued. You must try demos for other female Catwa heads. It is best to go to Catwas store inworld, because you see all the heads together. It must be the wall with Bento heads. Pick a few demos that you like.))) Ignore this, read @Lewis Luminospost under here.

At this point, I think you need help inworld. If you can't get help inworld from forum posters, join the store groups and ask in chat for help. Maitreya and Catwa have helpful people logged in all the time I have read group chat. I do not know anything about help for V-tech.

When you wear all the demos and it looks good for you, you buy the full priced items and also: Omega for Maitreya and Omega for Catwa. Plus Omega for V-tech if you want a flat chest.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Catwa/7785742,

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-V-Tech/10055257,

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Maitreya/6709966

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The head is more difficult, since it is discontinued. You must try demos for other female Catwa heads.

Catwa Catya is not discontinued. (The discontinued one is Freya). Catya is still available, on the MP and in store. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CATWA-HEAD-Catya-DEMO/10228935.  The skin that @Akeysha Darkfold is looking at will certainly work on other Catwa heads but it will look best on Catya, and the included shape may look very odd on different heads (though shapes are usually mod so you can adjust them to look right).

That skin also specifies "Omega heads" which means that it will work on heads from other brands too, provided that they are Omega-compatible. This means that most heads (with the exception of most free ones and BOM-only ones such as Lelutka Evolution) will also work, provided that you buy the right Omega relay for the chosen brand. 

• Like 1

Just to update, I met with Akeysha in world and we made good progress.

Of course the shape doesn't look quite the same in world. She has Catya and Lara and the skin. Still to fix the hair, and some serious slider work I reckon.

So far so good.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Catwa Catya is not discontinued. (The discontinued one is Freya). Catya is still available, on the MP and in store. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CATWA-HEAD-Catya-DEMO/10228935@Akeysha Darkfold

My mistake, for some reason I read the Freya head. I had my attention on other things, I suppose... all the listing of other Omega systems and not knowing if she wanted the no breasts version. Thank you, I will correct the post.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I must reply once more because I disagree with @Zeotetraand I have to write in just in case you still follow the thread. It is her opinion, but it does not work for the skin you linked to. This skin can not be used with Slink Redux or system avatars. It can be good advice for other skins, but not in this case.

What skin would that be exactly?

What do you disagree with specifically?

Hello everyone, 

I'm sorry for not updating you, I've been working very hard to learn how to do all these new things that SL has to offer now.

I do not longer have the look of the girl in the picture, since I decided to have a more realistic avatar. However, I did use the the shape of the product to have inspiration of a real cute looking girl and at the same time look realistic and then modified it. The revelation is below 🥰

I remember when I've entered this world for the first time long time ago, my computer couldn't even load the terrain...avatars were gray, I did the best I could. Later, I updated my pc a bit, but still wasn't enough to enjoy this world.

Seeing what I looked like back then and now, makes me feel so refreshed, that I can come back to this world and enjoy it since I have a new computer with better specs that at least allow me to see what things really look like.

I have no words to thank @BelindaN , she stayed with me during all this process, for two days she arranged her schedule to help me for more than 2 hours, she never gave up on me even when I was going to give up and abandon SL again because the whole experience was being so frustrating. She became more than a mentor to me. I will be grateful for the rest of my life for it. Thank you (At this point I'm crying).

Then I decided to experiment with BoM by myself. I stayed up until 1:40a.m. in my country today messing around with BoM using all the tools and tips Belinda taught me and here is the result (before and after).

May I begin my Second life, again... Thank you :')

Akeysha Darkfold.png

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Akeysha Darkfold
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.