Lunatics who like industrial

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A movie which every self-respecting rivethead should have seen at least once in their lives.
Description:

Decoder is a 1984 West German film directed by Muscha. It is a cyberpunk and counter-cultural film roughly based on the writings of William S. Burroughs, who also acts in the film. Bill Rice plays Jaeger ("Hunter"), an agent of the government in charge of suppressing dissidents, while F.M. Einheit (Einstürzende Neubauten) plays a burger shop employee who discovers that by changing the background music from pleasantly calming to industrial "noise" music, he can incite riots and a revolution against the looming power of the government.

Decoder was made on a small budget, and was written by Muscha, Klaus Maeck, Volker Schäfer, and Trini Trimpop. Nevertheless, the project was able to attract a number of notable people within the countercultural and industrial music "scenes" to perform in it. Actors included Burroughs, Genesis P-Orridge, Christiane Felscherinow, and bands included Soft Cell, Psychic TV, Einstürzende Neubauten, and The The.

• Like 2

Back to the classics:

(Btw, when I watched this on YT, I first got an ad for some new ice cream for children (pink colored even!) then an ad for a fire extinguisher. I suppose the second ad made sense in some weird way but the first one? Now I'm asking myself what the algorithm had been smoking to come up with such a match and I didn't even know AIs did drugs!)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

The term "Industrial Music" is definitely one of the most controversial and confusing in music scene ever.

I for myself go more towards the "old school" or "noise" concept of creating art which can and should be uncomfortable, and not party anthems ;)

My contribution:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.