Unexplained sudden decrease in sales

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.It's been about 2 weeks now since my sales have suddenly decreased and I have noticed a few performance issues in the viewer (teleport fails,lag,errors when edtiting objects,errors detaching and attaching items from inventory and many more).Are the sales being affected due to people encountering the same unable performance issues? And,is anyone else encountering the same problem,having a sudden drop in sales? 

I usually sell a good few items a day from my marketplace and I just cannot figure out what went wrong.

If someone could kindly express their experience or opinion on this it would be highly appreciated 🙂.

Seeing that you are pretty old but maybe you haven't had a store too long so will add what I have observed over the years. Typically summer is SLOWER in SL.   I always figure that I need a "BIG PROJECT" for July and into August to keep me busy. Some years sales stay stable for me -- other years not so much.  I haven't noted any great decrease in marketplace sales.  They seem good.  Performance seems fine for me too (other than a one time black screen experience last week).  

So likely it is just what it is and nothing went wrong. Not as many people are at home these days. This is NOT a GOOD THING of course as virus spread is up most places, but people are out doing things nevertheless. So they have less time for SL.    Sales may turn around a bit of course -- especially if we go into more lockdown time :D.    But by mid September the economy usually perk up nicely.   Hard to say if it will this year.  

• Thanks 2

Hi Dolce,

I haven't experienced a drop in sales since I'm working on my first store. But I've come across some technical issues. For the second time all the scripts stop to work, like my jacket hud. And it seams to be at a certain time, after 5 pm AEST. This is very frustrating.

Also I'm not able to log in around that time.

Edited by Kittycoco95
  • Thanks 1

I do experience a significant drop in sales, as well as performance issues. As it coincided exactly with the time when the lockdowns across many countries have been lifted, AND beginning of summer holidays season, i have attributed the drop in sales to that, without much of a second thought. The drop was HUGE, but that only seems so probably because the previous 3 months sales have been unprecedented since 2016... Performance issues i personally have attributed to my poor internet connection, so can't really tell if it's me or the SL...

• Thanks 1

+1, have sudden drop. Also i noticed that less people online at the moment. Maybe it is summer and people are tired to sit home and now they enjoy real life.

But today i cant even log in normally, cant use search and my avatar does not rezz her shapes. So.... I think something happens in sl too.

Edited by Iren Tinkel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can watch SL status blogs, sales always go down and drop suddenly when there's billing maintenance, especially if it's unscheduled. I seem to notice it more than others because I have a large range of products, and most of them are tailored to people who want to build. People aren't going to spend money and work on their avis or land when SL isn't running right.

For me, sales pick back up a day or two after maintenance ends. It's just part of working with computers, it's not an SL thing. LL has a lot more to deal with when they have to keep their ecosystem up and running. Servers, databases, and an ecommerce storefront anyone can sign up and make stuff for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 1:12 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Seeing that you are pretty old but maybe you haven't had a store too long so will add what I have observed over the years. Typically summer is SLOWER in SL.   I always figure that I need a "BIG PROJECT" for July and into August to keep me busy. Some years sales stay stable for me -- other years not so much.  I haven't noted any great decrease in marketplace sales.  They seem good.  Performance seems fine for me too (other than a one time black screen experience last week).  

So likely it is just what it is and nothing went wrong. Not as many people are at home these days. This is NOT a GOOD THING of course as virus spread is up most places, but people are out doing things nevertheless. So they have less time for SL.    Sales may turn around a bit of course -- especially if we go into more lockdown time :D.    But by mid September the economy usually perk up nicely.   Hard to say if it will this year.  

Can relate 100% on this first paragraph.

i do also think the reopening of some countries might have to do with drops for some stores , but other then that everything seems ok, regular 'slower' summertimes.

For the OP and some others , I would not worry that much about it, September is right around the corner ;)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.