Problems with Avi hover height

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello -  I have been on SL for 9 months.   I continue to have issues sitting, laying or any interactivity with furniture, rides, boats, surfboards with  avatar being to low or disappearing in the furniture or what ever i am interacting with.   So every single pose is always low and I have to adjust it.    I am using the latest version of Firestorm and my avatar is full mesh.  Can anyone suggest what i can do to fix this?  Is there a setting that i am missing?

3 answers to this question

There are two places to adjust hover height.  The first is found in the Appearance > Edit My Shape menu.  Scroll down and look for the last slider on the Body tab.

In most cases, you'll get the best results if you set this at 50%.  However, you may also want to try...

1.  Set the OTHER hover height setting, the one in Firestorm Quick Preferences, to 0.

2.  Set the Appearance hover height slider to set you with your feet on the ground, while wearing your most commonly used body/foot shape/shoes.  Save that version of your shape.

3.  Now use the Firestorm Quick Prefs hover height to fine tune your height above ground and/or furniture.  You may need to change it when changing shoes, or when switching from standing to sitting on furniture.  That's one reason the FS folks made it so easy to get at.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Sugarbaby497 said:

Hello -  I have been on SL for 9 months.   I continue to have issues sitting, laying or any interactivity with furniture, rides, boats, surfboards with  avatar being to low or disappearing in the furniture or what ever i am interacting with.   So every single pose is always low and I have to adjust it.    I am using the latest version of Firestorm and my avatar is full mesh.  Can anyone suggest what i can do to fix this?  Is there a setting that i am missing?

IF you change your hover height (something many of us do often depending on the shoes we are wearing and how the creator crafted said shoes :D) so that you fit on most chairs -- then you will likely be either floating or sinking into the floor or ground when you walk.  Typically furniture makers aim for a middle ground (I use six feet) and those taller or shorter then need to adjust. Once you sit and adjust the furniture you CAN SAVE that setting for a later time -- in the most popular sitter applications. That's about as good as it gets. 

IF you have a very tall avatar then you will automatically sink into most furniture. So the answer if the problem  is frustrating enough is to adjust the height of your avatar.   

IF that isn't the issue, then it could be that your animation overrider is causing the sinking. Try sitting on the furniture with your AO detached and see if the problem persists.  Some AOs let you use the sits in your AO rather than the ones in the furniture. 

Those are my only ideas :D.  Hope they helped. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.