Sell Passes To

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the About Land popup there is a section called "Sell Passes To".

I imagine it will give me the ability to sell passes to visitors on my land to see or do something worth paying a buck or two for.

I haven't been able to find detailed information regarding how to set that up. And remember, I'm the new guy so go slow. 😉

7 minutes ago, WhisperingPond said:

In the About Land popup there is a section called "Sell Passes To".

I imagine it will give me the ability to sell passes to visitors on my land to see or do something worth paying a buck or two for.

I haven't been able to find detailed information regarding how to set that up. And remember, I'm the new guy so go slow. 😉

I think you only need to click the box and set the price.

However, you should know that I'm pretty sure almost nobody is successful in charging to access the land.  If you want to give it a try, you should probably parcel off a tiny section that is to be the landing point for visitors and put a sign and/or notecard giver there that details what the person might get for their money if they choose to pay.

You'll still probably get very, very few people willing to pay you for the privilege of coming onto the land.

• Like 1

I think it would need to be something really spectacular or unusually wonderful for people to be willing to pay upfront to see or experience it.  If you are new here, I would spend time exploring around, especially to the types of things that you might think about setting up on your land to see how high the bar would be in terms of the build,  how busy they look, whether they charge up-front or if they just have tip-jars out.   There are some really amazing creations, builds and experiences out there. 

In my explorations, I have not ever encountered land that sold passes for admission. 

What is very common is for land owners to set out tip-jars so that visitors could leave a tip if they wanted to support whatever it was that they visited or experienced.  Another way of making something "exclusive" is to create a group, limit access of the land to just group members, and then charge a fee for members to join the group.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

tbh i can't remember ever found a parcel where this was activated in all 13 years

I've seen one and heard about another. But that's all.

The one I saw myself was an empty parcel. The one I heard about was a store who's owner somehow thought charging potential customers an entrance fee was a good idea.

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

tbh i can't remember ever found a parcel where this was activated in all 13 years

I ran across one way back in my early days.  Can't for the life of me remember what the parcel claimed to have on it that justified a fee -- it was something like L$100-200.  I simply laughed and continued my explorations elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I think it would need to be something really spectacular or unusually wonderful for people to be willing to pay upfront to see or experience it.  If you are new here, I would spend time exploring around, especially to the types of things that you might think about setting up on your land to see how high the bar would be in terms of the build,  how busy they look, whether they charge up-front or if they just have tip-jars out.   There are some really amazing creations, builds and experiences out there. 

In my explorations, I have not ever encountered land that sold passes for admission. 

What is very common is for land owners to set out tip-jars so that visitors could leave a tip if they wanted to support whatever it was that they visited or experienced.  Another way of making something "exclusive" is to create a group, limit access of the land to just group members, and then charge a fee for members to join the group.  

I'll research the Tip Jar idea. I like that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I've seen it in two places. Both were pay-by-the-hour sex dungeons. When this feature is enabled, the parcel shows green ban lines until you pay.

It's never caught on as a way to pay for entry to clubs or such.

I saw one in Sansara part blocking a waterway on the little rivers in or near the original regions. Nothing else noteworthy on the land to visit. It might be the place ChinRey mentioned. I have not been back in a while, it was maybe the result of a poorly thought out idea to charge for rezzing rights, but I can't be sure. Unless one likes exploring down dead end down rivers to see what you can find, you would be unlikely to ever find it. Certainly rewarding the owner of the land for a setting that causes a blockage in what you are trying to do is not going to get many people to pay for a service given free by so many others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.