"Must be a member to enter" my own rental?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started renting a house in Little Yoshiwara yesterday. There is text near the house saying that I am the renter. And yet, when I try to go inside, I get a chat message from the doors saying "You must be a member to enter." What is happening here, and how can I fix it? It would be nice to have access to the house I paid for. 

6 minutes ago, AzeezahWalker said:

I started renting a house in Little Yoshiwara yesterday. There is text near the house saying that I am the renter. And yet, when I try to go inside, I get a chat message from the doors saying "You must be a member to enter." What is happening here, and how can I fix it? It would be nice to have access to the house I paid for. 

You are going to have to contact the person that you are renting from.  

• Like 2

Most rentals require that you join a group.  Some landlords use a group inviter bot that will send you an invitation as soon as you pay a rental box.  With others, you need to IM them and ask for a group invite.  Also, a lot of doors need to have a name entered into them before you can control them.  The landlord will have to do this for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It sounds as though you need to join a land group to gain access, and the landowner has yet to invite you.

Or simply activate the land group she's already joined. I often change it when I go shopping, for instance (to get the possible store discounts).

• Like 1

I've been trying to get in touch with the landlord for further instructions since Monday, both on how to open the doors, and how to furnish the place (my partner/alt can't put down the furniture I bought on that account). Is there any way to contact a user outside of the chat? Another user on this sim said my landlord is still active. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Or simply activate the land group she's already joined. I often change it when I go shopping, for instance (to get the possible store discounts).

I've never even heard of land groups, so it looks like I have some work to do as soon as I hear back from my landlord!

9 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Or you need to be added to the door lock script... no further explanation provided by the landlord? Notecard? A description in the covenant? Chat output upon paying?

No instructions or anything. I got it from a rental box. 

• Like 1

Unless you are renting from someone who is in the business of being a serious landlord, chances are good that your landlord is like me.   I occasionally go out of town for a few days -- well, before CoVid-19 I used to -- so it could take a while before I notice that someone new rented, unless they sent me an IM.  I suggest sending a note and then giving your landlord a few days to respond. If you don't hear back soon, move on.  You'll be out a week's rent, which is annoying, but that's about all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AzeezahWalker said:

I've never even heard of land groups, so it looks like I have some work to do as soon as I hear back from my landlord!

There are just groups. :) But a land/parcel is often only accessible when you're wearing the group tag the land belongs too. Like I have one group, for my sim, called the 'manellgang', which holds me an all my alts. Often, when a shop group is active, I suddenly find myself unable to unlink an object or something ('no object entry'). Then I need to quickly wear my own group tag again. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.