a much harder to find secret room

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those of you who want more privacy, but can't afford to buy a private region (which means most of us):

1) Place a secret room skybox within a MUCH LARGER skybox, and 2) paint black the interior of the larger skybox and paint black the exterior of the secret room skybox.

The larger the size disparity of the two skyboxes, the harder it will be for an explorer to cam-in and intercept your secret room.

You will find that though you know the general location of your own secret room skybox relative to the bigger skybox, it can be very difficult to cam-in and intercept it yourself.

There are other tips to make this even more secure, but that's a start.

Edited by FedorBachman
  • Haha 1

There are likely several ways around that method :D. The first that came to mind was to do an area search. ANY item that you could find inside the "private" area can be ZOOMED to and you can then SEE the area. You can of course not see the people if that option is set in the land tab.  and you are outside the parcel. 

Seems like a security system would be a better option.   You CAN if you own a parcel keep all other out. So really struggling to see the point of your post LOL.   

2 hours ago, tabsterLasVegas said:

Curious to know. Does owning property prevent others from using the cam from spying on the inside of buildings?

No.

The only way to get full privacy in SL is to buy or rent a whole isolated private region

Yep, one click and my camera is in your face - any distance and even from the neighbour sim.
Not to mention that I can easily move my cam through all kind of objects and prims.

Obfuscating objects? I can derender them so they no longer exist.

That means I can always look under your bed and into your fridge and if the parcel flag is not set see your avatar.

Privacy exists for real people (only to a degree) and not for avatars.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Not sure on this, but if you are in your own parcel, setting the options so that other avatars can't hear or see residents in the parcel might also block camming in?

No, people can still cam in. They just don't see any people in the parcel. People INSIDE the parcel can still see others in the parcel though. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I tried that, but I'm not too keen in seeing what's inside me.

same

somebody, if they haven't already, is going to make fitted mesh innards for a whole avatar. I am not going to ever want to see this myself.  Some people might tho

39 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

same

somebody, if they haven't already, is going to make fitted mesh innards for a whole avatar. I am not going to ever want to see this myself.  Some people might tho

As you might know, Catwa includes a brain mesh in their heads.

There are also people who have made skeleton addons for some mesh bodies, which have really useful for some avatars (even while wearing the original body)!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TV-kemono-SKeLeBONES/8474783

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

As you might know, Catwa includes a brain mesh in their heads

yes, i have a bento head which has a brain in it. Same as the Linden avatar which has a brain floating in it

i have a kemono avatar also.  I have seen the skele on others. I just never got myself

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.