Region Banned - But Not On Ban List - Help?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I manage a Club, and a fairly new guest, wishes to enter the Club, but whatever we try - it says they are Region Banned.  Thing is - a Host ejected them (though can't remember them - but the matter was resolved immediately by us, and the AV is more than welcome back), but the Host only ejected them - not banned.... and the Host doesn't even have the power to Ban....so why can't the AV get back in?

The AV owner said they are Age Verified..... and the Sim is Mature. ....  I'm just really puzzled as to why this is happening.  Even the Sim Owner can't find the AV Name on any Ban List.  I even added them to the Club List, then removed them again - just to see if that would help.  It didn't.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the matter cleared up???

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Jinnywitha Cleanslate said:

I manage a Club, and a fairly new guest, wishes to enter the Club, but whatever we try - it says they are Region Banned.  Thing is - a Host ejected them (though can't remember them - but the matter was resolved immediately by us, and the AV is more than welcome back), but the Host only ejected them - not banned.... and the Host doesn't even have the power to Ban....so why can't the AV get back in?

The AV owner said they are Age Verified..... and the Sim is Mature. ....  I'm just really puzzled as to why this is happening.  Even the Sim Owner can't find the AV Name on any Ban List.  I even added them to the Club List, then removed them again - just to see if that would help.  It didn't.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the matter cleared up???

Thanks in advance.

Not really my forte but I do know that there can be an ESTATE ban that supersedes the region ban.   So if your region is part of an estate that could be the issue.    For example if you are renting from one of the big land barons (or a little one :D) THEY may have banned the person.   In my experience anyway -- when that has happened there was reason to ban. So you may just want to let it go.  Good luck. 

EDIT: BTW "age verification" only lasted a very short while and that was oh so many years ago (maybe 8? Someone will know).   Something about this story seems a little off to me so maybe some more research on this person might be in order. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not really my forte but I do know that there can be an ESTATE ban that supersedes the region ban.   So if your region is part of an estate that could be the issue.    For example if you are renting from one of the big land barons (or a little one :D) THEY may have banned the person.   In my experience anyway -- when that has happened there was reason to ban. So you may just want to let it go.  Good luck. 

EDIT: BTW "age verification" only lasted a very short while and that was oh so many years ago (maybe 8? Someone will know).   Something about this story seems a little off to me so maybe some more research on this person might be in order. 

Hmm - thanks...... The Age Verfication, was something I remembered from years ago - didn't know it had been changed. It was the only thing I could think of.  :( So puzzled.

I run into this problem every now and then (or used to). A land baron back in the day with spammy alts didn't like me, so she banned me from all her customer's regions. A few times I came across a store or club or something, and had to explain to them that their landlord was costing them business. 

There's also a club device, a sploder or something, with a built in ban list that the creator manipulates, but I don't think it does region bans. 

• Like 1

I actually came across a similar thing last month when I was banned from a region.  I contacted the owner of the company the land was was rented from  (a land baron)  She got back to me within a couple of hours apologising and told me in the past she had some rogue estate managers who were a bit too happy with their powers and she had no reason to see why I would be banned or notes on my profile and instantly lifted the ban.  Everything was sorted within a couple of hours and kudos to this company which I will remember in the future.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jinnywitha Cleanslate said:

If they are Region Banned, it means they were banned by the Estate owner (or by a device belonging to them), not by the club owner. They will need to speak to the Estate owner, and do so calmly and politely. They should also mention the Host's name so the Estate owner can speak with the Host too, and confirm that the issue was resolved.

• Like 1

Do you use an orb so your managers can eject people? If so and the person you are trying to allow back in is new to SL, you might want to check if the orb is set to eject avatars under a certain age, like 30 days in SL that sort of thing. It may just be a coincidence that they were being ejected by someone at the same time time the orb was doing its age check. The orb might also have a list of banned residents it holds separate to the list in your parcel and estate ban lists, they maintain a separate list so you aren't restricted to 500 bans.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.