Support response time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

It all depends what it's about etc.

And if it's *that* urgent, use Live Chat and ask them about it.

Well, any support subject should have a decent response time. Not expecting support to fix issues within a blink of an eye, but I do expect a response and confirmation that the issue is noted and being worked on. If waiting a week for a response is the new standard on SL then things has changed since the last time I had to use support.

Just now, B00tsy Compton said:

Well, any support subject should have a decent response time. Not expecting support to fix issues within a blink of an eye, but I do expect a response and confirmation that the issue is noted and being worked on. If waiting a week for a response is the new standard on SL then things has changed since the last time I had to use support.

Like I said, it all depends on what it's for.  Account stuff can be fast, land stuff slower etc.

Just pop on live chat, give them the ticket number, and ask them to take a look - that's all I do.

Like I said, it all depends on what it's for.  Account stuff can be fast, land stuff slower etc.

Just pop on live chat, give them the ticket number, and ask them to take a look - that's all I do.

It is account related so I don't really see a reason why that would have to take so long. Live chat is for premium only and I have ended that a month ago after paying premium for over 10 years.

Just now, B00tsy Compton said:

It is account related so I don't really see a reason why that would have to take so long. Live chat is for premium only and I have ended that a month ago after paying premium for over 10 years.

Then try the billing lines.

I'm done here, can't help it if you don't like the answers given.

Then try the billing lines.

I'm done here, can't help it if you don't like the answers given.

I didn't really asked for any help, I just wanted to know what the average response times are. If a Linden employee is lurking in this forum then he/she can no doubt help me though.

1 hour ago, B00tsy Compton said:

What is the average response time to support tickets nowadays?

Is it normal having an open ticket unanswered for 5 days? I mean, I have patience, but 5 days without any response at all is too long imo.

It very well may be the new normal under the current circumstances with the quarantines. I haven’t bothered to look to see if their workforce has been impacted by less people in the office but that’s definitely something I would assume for right now.

*added: I forgot to say that in January I knew that my premium quarterly was going to be up and I didn’t plan on paying it again. I had forgotten to go in and change from premium to basic before that cycle ended and got locked out I realized on a Thursday night.

filed a ticket that night- I received no answer on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I finally received a response Monday which was to verify all that information which really would be nice if they would just have you verify that to begin with.  

got access back on Tuesday.

So my situation to five days to resolve even though I’m fairly certain that type of situation is not handled on Saturday or Sunday.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, B00tsy Compton said:

What is the average response time to support tickets nowadays?

Is it normal having an open ticket unanswered for 5 days? I mean, I have patience, but 5 days without any response at all is too long imo.

Go add an update to the ticket.  That might help.

• Like 1

It's been my experience that the LL support system works somewhat like a hospital ER.  They prioritize support cases as they come in, putting "urgent" ones at the top of the list and setting ones that can wait farther down.  As Adam says, then, their response time depends on how long the queue is and whether your case is more demanding than the next one on the list.  After normal work hours and on weekends there are fewer people answering support cases, too, so they tend to focus almost entirely on things that can't wait.

I have rarely had a case stay open more than a couple of days, but then I have rarely submitted a case until I was sure that I couldn't handle the problem myself. However, having served this Answers forum as a regular for over a decade, I know that some people -- (not you, but some people) -- will come here with annoyances that are little more than the technical version of a hangnail.  If many people are submitting those sorts of issues to the LL support system, they will slow down the queue and make it harder to deal with everyone else.

As Adam suggested, it's often quicker to just pick up the phone and call the Billing Office if you have a question about your account.  They won't deal with other types of issues, but I have found them very helpful when I have had questions about my account balance or billing status.  The billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's been my experience that the LL support system works somewhat like a hospital ER.  They prioritize support cases as they come in, putting "urgent" ones at the top of the list and setting ones that can wait farther down.  As Adam says, then, their response time depends on how long the queue is and whether your case is more demanding than the next one on the list.  After normal work hours and on weekends there are fewer people answering support cases, too, so they tend to focus almost entirely on things that can't wait.

I have rarely had a case stay open more than a couple of days, but then I have rarely submitted a case until I was sure that I couldn't handle the problem myself. However, having served this Answers forum as a regular for over a decade, I know that some people -- (not you, but some people) -- will come here with annoyances that are little more than the technical version of a hangnail.  If many people are submitting those sorts of issues to the LL support system, they will slow down the queue and make it harder to deal with everyone else.

As Adam suggested, it's often quicker to just pick up the phone and call the Billing Office if you have a question about your account.  They won't deal with other types of issues, but I have found them very helpful when I have had questions about my account balance or billing status.  The billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

I Understand that, with most companies support works that way. My case of not being able to login to the marketplace and managing my store could be considered as 'urgent'. Luckily I don't have sales going on that I have to manually disable, but this issue is been going on now for 2 weeks so I am calling it 'urgent'.

The times I had to use support in the past I also had a response time of max 48 hours, thats why I am a bit confused and worried about the time that has passed now. Or would it be that since I don't have/use premium anymore my ticket is stuffed on the bottom of the pile? I don't know!

And Calling support all the way from Europe is not something I really want to do. Besides, my account issue is not related to billing so I don't want to bother the wrong support department with that.

4 minutes ago, B00tsy Compton said:

The times I had to use support in the past I also had a response time of max 48 hours, thats why I am a bit confused and worried about the time that has passed now. Or would it be that since I don't have/use premium anymore my ticket is stuffed on the bottom of the pile? I don't know!

I don't blame you. It's hard to peer into the crystal ball and figure out what's affecting the support system or your particular case.  In these days of CoVid-19, it's even harder than in normal times.  As to whether your case is farther down the queue because you are no longer a Premium member .... that's a possibility.  Premium members have access to a greater range of support categories than Basic members.  Take a look at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case .  You'll see that for Basic members, the list of categories includes only

Account Issue

• Abuse Appeal
  • Account Creation Issues
  • I believe my account has been compromised
  • Memorial Request
  • Reactivate an old Account
  • Second Life Web Login Issues

Billing

• LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request
  • Second Life and Marketplace Account balance Payout Issues

For Premium members, the list is longer:

Account Issue

• Abuse Appeal
  • Account Closure Request
  • Account Creation Issues
  • Change Account Details
  • Custom Name Request
  • I believe my account has been compromised
  • IP Whitelisting for Registration
  • Lost Password
  • Mailing List Removal Request
  • Memorial Request
  • Reactivate an old Account
  • Second Life Viewer Login Issues
  • Second Life Web Login Issues

Billing

• Invoice Billing Questions
  • LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request
  • Other Billing Issues
  • Real World Payment Method Issues
  • Refund: Non-Linden$
  • Request Payout via Wire Transfer
  • Second Life and Marketplace Account balance Payout Issues
  • VAT Issues

So, it's possible that you are asking a question that would have higher priority if your were still a Premium member, but one that you can't even ask now.  That's actually one reason why I suggested calling the Billing office directly.

15 minutes ago, B00tsy Compton said:

And Calling support all the way from Europe is not something I really want to do. Besides, my account issue is not related to billing so I don't want to bother the wrong support department with that.

That's a very good point.  If you have access to Skype or a similar service, though, you can make the call relatively cheaply. It's worth a thought.  If they can't answer your question for some reason, they will tell you that, so the call will be short and even cheaper.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.