Moving a Tatoo

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone, hope you are all safe and well during this tricky time we are all going through.

Hope I have posted this in the right place so here goes .... I have a Maitreya body and have recently bought a tatoo for it which has the classic layers and an Omega applier in the box.  My question is.. Is it possible to relocate where the applier positions the tatoo as I am finding it is too low on my back? I would like it to be a little higher up from my waist.  I am assuming this is not a straight forward thing to do if this can be done at all ?

• Like 1

Ok.  Thanks for the replies.

There wasnt a demo to answer one reply.  The position is ok but I would prefer it higher up so just a thought if it could be done.

Seems it can if i make my own so that seems to be the solution :)

• Like 1

The above answers are the way it is. :( 

When you make your own get the Robin Woods UV maps/templates for the avatar. Use them to make a full body tattoo. When you wear the 'template' tattoo and then wear the tat in question over it then you can see exactly where you want the tat. That will let you design exactly what you want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, saemantha said:

Ok.  Thanks for the replies.

There wasnt a demo to answer one reply.  The position is ok but I would prefer it higher up so just a thought if it could be done.

Seems it can if i make my own so that seems to be the solution :)

Check-out the use of 'Local' textures to avoid recurring up-load charges while you are trying things out, or use the Beta grid.  Otherwise getting a tattoo right can cost you mucho-lindens!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anna2358 said:

Check-out the use of 'Local' textures to avoid recurring up-load charges while you are trying things out, 

Is this feature available on Firestorm? I have never been able to find it.

Edited by Matty Luminos

15 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Is this feature available on Firestorm? I have never been able to find it.

yes it is

in the Texture Tab click the texture box then under the texture box in the pop up you have inventory, local and bake. Use local for testing textures, its a fab feature and saves so much lindens while testing :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elise Banx said:

yes it is

in the Texture Tab click the texture box then under the texture box in the pop up you have inventory, local and bake. Use local for testing textures, its a fab feature and saves so much lindens while testing :)

Ooh thanks. I'd always assumed it would be somewhere in the upload box, never even noticed it there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.