7DS and Legacy

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On the weekend I bought the new 7 deadly skin from the saturday sale. I looove it so much, and I am a BOM user. I am using a Genus baby head and a Legacy Perky body, and when I wear the BOM skin there seems to be quite a prominent line at the neck (only with 7DS, i have tried PF and the neck line is almost invisable)

Does anyone else have this body combo with 7DS?? .. i will need to take a photo and show when i get home, but i'd love peoples help or even your experiences. 

I do have a mait body.. but i reeeealy want to avoid wearing it if i can get a fix with my current combo.., coz..legacy..lol..

One thing I would suggest checking, and that's for any gloss/shine/environment/materials (it could be called any of those) settings or values on both the head and the body. I recall quite some time ago someone on this forum having the same issue, and it was fixed by changing something to do with that on the Genus head. Check the body also, though, just to be sure. If you have different levels of glossiness/shine/etc on the head and the body it can give the same 'line' effect at the neck, no matter which brands you're using.

• Like 2

Most combinations of bodies and skins end up with some kind of neck line, often depending on the lighting conditions. Some people think they don't have one - but if others are using a dawn or sunset windlight setting, they might see a neckline even if you don't. Skell is right to mention the gloss / shine / environment settings. I have them turned off for both body and head, which is a shame in some ways, but getting the two to match with 'materials' active is too painful.

Neck lines have been a problem for as long a there has been mesh heads and bodies. I can offer a solution though ...

On Friday Izzie (seach "Izzie's") released a BoM next fix as a tattoo layer. It only works with BoM but it's remarkably effective. I have a matching body and face skin from Pumec with a barely visible neckline, most people would say there's none, but even so the new product from Izzie's improved things.

On Friday it was part of the '50L Fridays' deal. The price may have gone up now, but is probably still worth whatever she's charging. It probably won't be more than 200L. And if you get straight over there it might still be at the sale price. It's outside the front door if so. There is a demo. And I don't work for Izzie's, have no affiliation and don't know the maker. It's a genuine recommendation.

Have you tried using the neck fix attachment in the head folder one of my alts using the original TMP got the strong head and there is a huge gap around the neck i can't get rid of i don't think the neck fix works with BoM and it won't go pale enough to work with the TMP skin but does get rid of the huge gap. I did get better results on an alt using the Sahara body and Maitreya sized neck fix even if the face colour doesn't match the body

• Like 1

from bugfix release march 11 notecard :

NEXT UPDATE:

----------------------------------------------------
- Fix sticking tongue 

Don't click too fast on buttons "facial expressions" in Animation HUD to switch between the animation, that include tongue. It can  lead to tongue stuck. If you have this problem, click Avatar Health - Stop Animation / Undeform Avatar.
We work to fix it.

- Static poses fix

- Adding non-rigged eyes

- Hide the hole from the ears

- Add BOM eyes

- Legacy Body Compatible

• Like 1

thankyou all for your replies, yes I have tried the neck fixes but they just make it look worse .. 

however Katt, your comment in particular made me decide to pull out my mait body and give it a go..and Im suprised at the no seam on it. So rather than give myself a headache, for the time being Im using my mait body and I imitated a "perky" shape on it, so it almost looks the same.. 

thankyou to all of you for replying, .. i thought maybe I would miss using my legacy, but.. if I know i have the bodies, I dont really mind what i use.. all good :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.