Flagging entire stores

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why is this still not an option?

Why do I still need to go through 20 or 30 pages of listings and flag each one individually? LL allowing things to continue like this is practically admitting they can't be bothered to enforce their own rules on a wide scale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

why you will do that? flagging entire stories make me think your quest is  more like a personal vendetta against seller than the items on sale. 20 pages means hundreds of item on sale. did you checked them all? are you sure not even one is worth? You can't say  this seller is bad so all his 20-30 pages of products (x 12 /x 96 items on each page) must be bad too. is like you want to remove all Volkswagen's cars in the world because some of them tricked the system.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kweopi said:

why you will do that? flagging entire stories make me think your quest is  more like a personal vendetta against seller than the items on sale. 20 pages means hundreds of item on sale. did you checked them all? are you sure not even one is worth? You can't say  this seller is bad so all his 20-30 pages of products (x 12 /x 96 items on each page) must be bad too. is like you want to remove all Volkswagen's cars in the world because some of them tricked the system.

there are several gacha sellers with ten pages, or more, with the same keywordSPAM ... yes i have something against that... sorry 😡  :SwingingFriends:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are several gacha sellers with ten pages, or more, with the same keywordSPAM ... yes i have something against that... sorry 😡  :SwingingFriends:

ok. got it, it's personal. Since i guess i am the only one person in SL who never got a gatcha item, not original, not from resellers, you can have your "flag all"button.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kweopi said:

ok. got it, it's personal. Since i guess i am the only one person in SL who never got a gatcha item, not original, not from resellers, you can have your "flag all"button.

its not just gacha's who keyword spam every item in their store with irrelevant words.  Alwin is just referring to a recent shocking case we came across where the merchant just happened to be selling gacha's.   On futher inspection the whole store of 100's of items had keywords that had nothing to do with the item they were selling.  Hence the wish to flag the whole store

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Kweopi said:

It has nothing to do with vendetta, it has to do with the merchant copy/pasting the same violation in every one of their listings.

More than one merchant has every single one of their items listed as full permissions, with a line of text in each listing saying you have to meet requirements to get the full perm version and it's not included- a clear listing violation, on every single one of their products.

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Keyword spam is hurting our sales, and it hurts LL income as it frustrates users who are looking for things and only see irrelevant results. As LL shifts more of their revenue to SLMP instead of tier, they need to provide users with tools to make sure the content they see on SLMP is relevant and encourages them to make a purchase.

There's no real punishment for keyword spam, it's why it's so prominent. There's no serious penalty and you have a slight chance of selling something to someone who gets interested in something they weren't looking for. You'll frustrate and annoy the majority of people who view your item with the wrong key words, but that doesn't affect you if you're keyword spamming. They never would have saw your product in the first place without the keyword spam.

IIRC there's some sort of penalty for having your item show up in search results and not having it clicked, but there needs to be more effort into voting with your wallet. Something like the more L$ you make in a transaction per search the more your ranking increases.

There's also no penalty for spamming gacha everywhere. In fact it's free advertising, why pay for an ad on SLMP to show your products to someone who didn't search for them when you can just keyword spam?

I don't do it, I'm realizing after writing this it makes it sounds like I'm for keyword spam. I'm not, it ruins the marketplace and hurts legit and honest creators. But from a business perspective where you're only out to make money, it makes a lot of sense to keyword spam. The benefits far outweigh the costs, especially if you're running some shady, fly by night business where you expect it to last a year or two tops before you make a new one. That needs to change, and it's quite clear there's entire SLMP stores dedicated to these practices.

• Like 2

It's not just keyword spam. I just found another store of full perm products that aren't full perm. Every single listing,  30 or 40 pages.

One says

6 - The full perm products will be sent to Creators who have Inworld and or Marketplace stores. Must be at least a year or more old.

And the other says, 

Due to the fact that the store was copied and stolen, the transfer is closed
To obtain full rights, follow the instructions in the notecard
I will respond as soon as possible if you do not have a store I will not give you the right to transfer

59 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

. I just found another store of full perm products that aren't full perm.

One says

And the other says,

Basically, they're saying they won't sell to everybody. That's reasonable when there are license restrictions beyond what SL can enforce automatically. There isn't a graceful way to handle this on Marketplace. You can't, for  example, enforce "for sale only to users with identity verified".

Maybe there should be "verified business users", who have provided enough identity information that they can be sued. You're not allowed to operate a business anonymously in California. It's a criminal offense. California DAs seldom prosecute for violating just that, but violate something else, like advertising or warranty laws, and that's likely to be tacked on if they have any problem finding you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, animats said:

Basically, they're saying they won't sell to everybody. That's reasonable when there are license restrictions beyond what SL can enforce automatically. There isn't a graceful way to handle this on Marketplace. You can't, for  example, enforce "for sale only to users with identity verified".

Maybe there should be "verified business users", who have provided enough identity information that they can be sued. You're not allowed to operate a business anonymously in California. It's a criminal offense. California DAs seldom prosecute for violating just that, but violate something else, like advertising or warranty laws, and that's likely to be tacked on if they have any problem finding you.

I can't say I disagree with you, but it's still a listing violation, since it's marked full permission when it isn't actually full permission. They should be marking it copy/mod (or whatever the permissions actually are), and then letting people contact them for the extra perms.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Greetings all!

It is not possible to flag an entire store.  

Each listing must be reported individually.

If you wish to request a way to flag multiple items at the same time, for the same violation, we encourage you to attend the in world Web User Group where you can make the request directly to the Web Team. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

3 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

If you wish to request a way to flag multiple items at the same time, for the same violation, we encourage you to attend the in world Web User Group where you can make the request directly to the Web Team. 

But what about our hug button Dakota? Look at the How are you feeling today? Thread — the Sad button doesn’t even look very sad, pls can we switch it out?

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 10:31 AM, Flea Yatsenko said:

Keyword spam is hurting our sales, and it hurts LL income as it frustrates users who are looking for things and only see irrelevant results. As LL shifts more of their revenue to SLMP instead of tier, they need to provide users with tools to make sure the content they see on SLMP is relevant and encourages them to make a purchase.

There's no real punishment for keyword spam, it's why it's so prominent. There's no serious penalty and you have a slight chance of selling something to someone who gets interested in something they weren't looking for. You'll frustrate and annoy the majority of people who view your item with the wrong key words, but that doesn't affect you if you're keyword spamming. They never would have saw your product in the first place without the keyword spam.

IIRC there's some sort of penalty for having your item show up in search results and not having it clicked, but there needs to be more effort into voting with your wallet. Something like the more L$ you make in a transaction per search the more your ranking increases.

There's also no penalty for spamming gacha everywhere. In fact it's free advertising, why pay for an ad on SLMP to show your products to someone who didn't search for them when you can just keyword spam?

I don't do it, I'm realizing after writing this it makes it sounds like I'm for keyword spam. I'm not, it ruins the marketplace and hurts legit and honest creators. But from a business perspective where you're only out to make money, it makes a lot of sense to keyword spam. The benefits far outweigh the costs, especially if you're running some shady, fly by night business where you expect it to last a year or two tops before you make a new one. That needs to change, and it's quite clear there's entire SLMP stores dedicated to these practices.

What I finally gave up begging for: MAKE THE KEYWORD FIELD SMALLER! So they only have room for pertinent keywords. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings all!

Expecting me to take a day out of work to tell you what you just read here?

Schedule them for a couple different time zones and maybe that'll be good advice. 

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Expecting me ..

when something has to be done ; LL has to be able ... and LL has to want it...

being talked about this so often... it's neither of those  .. raking in the 10% of any item, no matter what source, seems more important. ( that's a choice .. but a image as the Pirate Bay for stolen virtual objects isn't really good advertisement ( perhaps a good subject for the comming Lab Gab Marketing)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when something has to be done ; LL has to be able ... and LL has to want it...

being talked about this so often... it's neither of those  .. raking in the 10% of any item, no matter what source, seems more important. ( that's a choice .. but a image as the Pirate Bay for stolen virtual objects isn't really good advertisement ( perhaps a good subject for the comming Lab Gab Marketing)

Yeah, they're taking 10% and still want us to do all the work.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.