Deeding objects to land group

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a shoutcast board that needs to be deeded to land before it can work.

I've already donated my land to a group which worked but it wouldn't allow the deed to group option no matter what I did.

The object won't deed to group. The option is grayed out.  What am I doing wrong? I followed the directions but I must be missing a step.

11 answers to this question

I repeat:  If your land is owned by Samantha (you personally, that is), NOT by the group Little Big Town - Land Holdings, don't deed objects to group.

While you may be able to deed an object to the group, IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.  Objects that set the music or media stream on a land parcel must be owned by the owner of that parcel.  That is the reason, and the only reason, why you deed TVs, radios, etc. on group-owned land.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

OKKKK. gotcha.  It says group owned and I haven't been here that long so excuse me for not understanding. *which I still don't but really never mind.*

and the radio didn't work until i deeded it to the group so shrug.  I google some more and see if I can find the answer.

Edited by KateaSL

48 minutes ago, KateaSL said:

OKKKK. gotcha.  It says group owned and I haven't been here that long so excuse me for not understanding. *which I still don't but really never mind.*

and the radio didn't work until i deeded it to the group so shrug.  I google some more and see if I can find the answer.

And if it is Transferable, as someone mentioned above, first make sure you click that Share box to make the Deed button available.

If it says 'group owned' then you did transfer the land to the group successfully.

Is the object you are trying to deed a "Transferable" item?  If not, I don't think you can Deed it because that is transferring ownership.

And if it is Transferable, as mentioned above, be sure to click the Share box to enable the Deed button.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.