what's the average price for 2100 Prim in US dollars for a month

MaxSilverDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't knwo what the average is. I would have charged 45-50 USD a month for that amount of prims but that's a developed, themed area where the houses and the landscaping don't count towards the tenants' prim quotas.

For empty, nondescript land I wouldn't expect to pay more than a Linden a week per prim, so about L$ 9,000 - about USD 35 - a month. You can probably get it for even less. It's very much a buyer's market and any landowner who doesn't have anything special to offer has to cut their marhins to a minimum or even rent out at a loss to get any tenants at all.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:05 PM, Cedric Brown said:

Looking at the Parcels for Rent: Mainland sub forum, it appears you find someone to rent that amount of prims for L$5500-L$6500/month. So under $25 USD

Whoever offers that is actualy charging less than they have to pay LL themselves unless they've found some "uncoventional" way to cut down on their tier. But it doesn't surprise me at all. The market for generic SL land is that tight.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, samd510000 said:

for a 5,000 prims homestead 1/4 on a private island/beach i pay $80 a month to rent it. 

That's interesting.

Linden Lab charges $ 109 a month for a homestead, $ 95 if it's grandfathered. In  other words, whoever you rent from is either loosing money on ti or they have some special secret deal with LL.

If you buy Mainland, that'll put you in the 8192 tier bracket, or $35 USD per month, plus Premium dues.  But that would give you more prims than you say you need.

You could get close to your requirement by buying a 4096 parcel and making it group owned land.  By doing that, you can own up to 5632 sq m, which would give you a land capacity of 1890 prims.  That would cost $22 USD per month, plus your Premium dues.  If you bought Premium on the yearly plan, your total monthly cost would be $30.25.  That's about the best stable deal you'll find.  People offering land for less won't be around, long term.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, MaxSilverDragon said:

I'm planning to get back on second life again but I'm going to need that much space

I'm planning to come back on to Second Life next month depends on the price

Like Rey, I would charge anywhere from US $22 for a bare platform in the sky (if I had use of the ground below) to $40 or more if it were a landscaped, furnished house on the ground. It depends also on whether it is waterfront or forest or flat or whatever. 

I don't think you will find that big a range because all of us have the same fixed cost of tier to pay; some have grandfathered sims or have mainland versus newer private islands, but the range is not that huge.

You don't need an island to have a very full SL. Get a 4096 first which will be much cheaper. While owning land does mean you have to pay the premium cost as well, not completely offset by the stipends, you have full control that way. It's a buyer's market.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

On 3/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, ChinRey said:

That's interesting.

Linden Lab charges $ 109 a month for a homestead, $ 95 if it's grandfathered. In  other words, whoever you rent from is either loosing money on ti or they have some special secret deal with LL.

Yes, I couldn't charge that for my homestead and charge at least enough to cover the $95.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.