What are you listening to?

This has been a fave since I got the vinyl in the mail as a teenager. I sent him money and he sent me the album, plus a Them Or Us tour t-shirt (as an unasked-for bonus).

He was working out of his home, and published all his own music, so it was kinda neat, knowing my record had actually been in his hands.

Or Dweezil's hands, at least. I was so excited I sent them a thank-you letter. :D

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

"Reach for the Stars" was written in February 2011, after NASA asked will.i.am to write and produce a song for the Curiosity rover's landing on Mars. The songwriter said that the experience with NASA administrator Charles Bolden discussing the possibility of broadcasting a song from Mars was "surreal" ...

"Reach for the Stars (Mars Edition)" became the first song in history to be broadcast from another planet, completing a journey of more than 300 million miles between Mars and Earth.

Clearly they're unaware of the other populated planets in the omniverse as well as the spoopy nature of time itself.

Edited by Brightstar7777

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I was a cub, I had a hand-me-down copy of the "In-a-Godda-da-Vida" single - it was the extended version, both sides of the 45 RPM single!

XD I had Jethro Tull on 8-track.

As for the DP song, I was cranking it on attached media in Linden Realms, jumping all over and getting kicked by the bot for "flying" when I met Kona Linden. I think it amused him. That or he's just always that fun. XD

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1