What are you listening to?

3 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Next year I am going to see and hear my all time favorite band live again. In honour of Dead Can Dance I made a personal compilation of their songs

I like them too! I am sort of obsessed with '80s goth/deathrock. 

This is quite different from the ones you picked for your mix... but I listened to this album non-stop in March last year around the time of the first UK lockdown...just playing this song now makes me think and feel how I did then!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I like them too! I am sort of obsessed with '80s goth/deathrock. 

This is quite different from the ones you picked for your mix... but I listened to this album non-stop in March last year around the time of the first UK lockdown...just playing this song now makes me think and feel how I did then!

Love that one too, but one have to make choices :-). I first heard of them from a female friend who found their music too somber and gave me the EP Garden of the arcane delights. Unfortunately it had a crack on 'In Power We Entrust The Love Advocated' I was delighted when I later heard the whole song because I then never got any further then 'yesterday's children in search of paradise-paradise-paradise.' :-). This friend also introduced me to Cocteau Twins because of her boyfriend who was session drummer and had played at a concert with them. Liz Frazer was on her answering machine once when it was her birthday and she sang happy birthday. She played this message a hundred times for the birthday guests. Well, long story short, I talked about DCD, a love for them was born.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

This friend also introduced me to Cocteau Twins because of her boyfriend who was session drummer and had played at a concert with them. Liz Frazer was on her answering machine once when it was her birthday and she sang happy birthday. 

🤩

Cocteau Twins should be my favourite band of all time...incredible music! And they would have been if Felt hadn't existed, lol. 

Do you know this one? When Felt teamed up with Liz Frazer...and produced by Robin Guthrie...😎

Such a shame both bands had INCREDIBLE songwriting duos, but they couldn't get on personally...

• Like 1