CATWA head and lips

amywilders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! 
I am trying to edit the CATWA Catya head and I got stuck on the shape of the lips. It feel like I have tried to shift all possible sliders and I have tried to wear other shapes,  but how much I try I just can't get rid of those awful looking fish lips. I want something like the lips on my system head.

Anyone that can kick me in the right direction?

Lips.png

To be fair, Catwa has a large selection of female bento mesh heads and not all of them have the infamous duck lips.

Catwa's first bento mesh head (and most popular is seems), Catya,  does have some rather "intense" lips that can look silly with a poor shape.  But when done right, they can be very attractive in my opinion.

• Like 1

Catwa heads tend not to have much scope in altering the basic shape; what you see out of the box is more or less what you get, and the usual sliders don't have as much effect as they do on the classic avatar. That said, not all Catwa heads have duck-lips. I use Margeaux, which doesn't have them.

Do try demos before you buy, to make sure you can achieve the shape you want before spending money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I will add my two cents and really urge you to play with the demo head for a LONG time. I recently switched from my AK head to a Lelutka, and I did play with the shape. I got it close but didn't spend the time to REALLY tweak the shape to where I was happy with it. I figured that it would work. After I bought the Lelutka head I found out that I could NOT tweak the head sufficiently, for my tastes. I'm stuck with too much cheekbone and a too model-y look for my tastes, even with skins that don't have "contour" shading. In my case, close in the demo was not close enough and I spent, what, $L5000 (to start)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I will add my two cents and really urge you to play with the demo head for a LONG time.

Oh yes, Seicher, play with that head ...

... I'm-sorry-what?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.