Linden Realms repair.

Mayumi Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

All I see are two listings for the Linden Portal Parks.  Nothing about the Realms there.  They just used the Linden Realms room door as the portal park cover shot, the same as before.  Each game or Experience in the Portal park has it's own listing, such as Horizons, PaleoQuest, The Cornfield, etc, but Linden Realms listing as a game has been removed.  Will the Realms return by next year?  Beginning to have my doubts.  The bean counters say it's a loss to LL.  Start charging to play the Realms, and it would be repaired in a hour. Or they could make it a Premium member game only.  That should cut the number of players by 95% and make it another profit center.  Yea that's the ticket.

Well it is still listed in the SIDEBAR as Linden Realms and of course it takes you pretty much to the door.  

image.png.a614a1f8ea2ea81c45556d38f227be18.png

Not arguing against it being closed. They have closed in the past for long periods of "repair" (this long ago) so not really anything new. And yese of course that means less "sink" but the money going out now is SO MUCH LESS than what it was in the original realms that it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. If it IS indeed a big deal, then that is worrisome.   While we have a pretty good idea about the number of Sansar layoffs we don't know about the SL side of the equation -- only that quite a few people have new titles which means (to me) doubling up on the work  -- which is REALLY happening in Sansar. 

While I think the new realms are very pretty, I liked the old ones better. These are too complex. You can't just run and gather and let your mind wander while journeying  like in olden times.   

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well it is still listed in the SIDEBAR as Linden Realms and of course it takes you pretty much to the door.  

That almost looks  like a mistake, by someone that doesn't know the difference between the Linden Portal Park and the Linden Realms.  The description when you click Linden Realms is clearly for the portals, not just the Realms.

0cbb3e7daa2af0434196e0fc906c5edc.png

The Realms, the game, has been deleted from the actual list of games recently.  Hopefully because they don't want newbies to find the Closed for Repair sign, and they intend to relist the Realms game under Destination Games if it opens again.  The conversion from the old Realms, then the fire story, and finally the newly rebuilt game with new rules, was announced last year.  There was even "secret" build regions (12 regions/realm) the moles had been working on for a few months, with lots of hints.  When was the Realms simply closed for repairs, with no advanced notice, no story or information why, tight lipped Moles and Lindens,  and no estimated date for reopening?  Must have been before my time.  

It this "repair" is to add a wearable HUD like in PaleoQuest, then the Realms will be unplayable.  No running, no jumping, no falling or you get threats that they will ban your SL account for illegal activities and threaten to prosecute you in RL for fraud.  Such a friendly welcoming game for new players!  Making false accusations to players that plague the PaleoQuest HUD will just drive new people out of SL.  Brilliant marketing - let's threaten  new players, so they hate and fear us.  Then ask them to become Premium members.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

• 4 weeks later...

i also found paleoquest completely unplayable. i tried horizons and the glytch-catching one, but the original realms was the only Linden game i actually liked. if they brought it back just as a perk for premium users -- access to a deprecated feature, a bit like last names --  i would be very happy with that.

• Like 1

Well, here we are mid-January and no update yet.  I feel like the least they could do is add a note card to the sign with maybe some date updates?
Originally I figured they closed it down for holiday shopping season to infuse outside cash into the game, but alas, nothing since.

It's sad for me, because after 11 years of off and on play, having Linden Realms to keep me busy was a way to keep me interested in SL, and quite frankly, spending my own money.

It's obvious they just don't care.  No updates in 2 months, and tight lipped Moles and Lindens if you ask them about the Realms. I don't know who "they" are, but it sounds like a bean-counter decision.  PaleoQuest is almost broken now.  No running or jumping allowed, and their own TP's send you back to the start and accuse you of using a speed enhancer multiple times/quest.  In three of the quests, you can't run 10 meters on level ground from the starting platform without being sent back with a speed enhancer accusation.  So you get a collection of 6 avatars all on the starting point, unable to complete the quest.   Walk v e r y  s l o w, never jump, never fall, and assume their TP's fail 1/2 the time, and hope when you finally do complete a quest that the HUD recorded it, or you will have to repeat it again.  And nobody at LL seems to care.  Submit a JIRA and they will close it.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

3 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

It's obvious they just don't care.  No updates in 2 months, and tight lipped Moles and Lindens if you ask them about the Realms. I don't know who "they" are, but it sounds like a bean-counter decision

the bean counting part is sorta true.  The bulk of the LDPW/Moles resources are currently working on Linden Homes, which is the Linden priority at this time

that Linden or the Moles don't care about the Realms is not true.  If there were unlimited resources available to the LDPW then the Realms would have been updated already

• 2 weeks later...

I went to that place, knowing that Linden Realms was reopened. I captured some of what I saw.

''Stupid flying at Linden Realms''
https://vimeo.com/388377333

Surprisingly, They can fly freely in the sky, and can free pass through rocks and mountain. About during my 30 minute stay, I witnessed more than 10 avatars fly in the sky. so swag!!

As before, gameing and morals has already been losted at the place.
There is no profit or earnings for LL. Just the loss of L$. Linden can immediately close this place at any time again.

50L$ loss per week per one free account, woww I can't even. what an excellent stupid.

Snapshot_001.png

On 1/28/2020 at 2:12 PM, Mayumi Hirano said:

It looks like LindenRelams has been reopened, is there anything that has changed?

Nothing changed that I could see.  Possibly fewer HUD detachments at region crossings, but not enough data to conclude anything certain.  Huds still got zapped when you got hit by the green mist at a recovery tank, same as always.  Forced teleports by the game when you get killed sometimes strips your HUD and then attaches a new one.  The same as the Realms has always worked from the beginning, hence the HUD re-attachment terminals at most recovery/safe areas.

15 hours ago, AnyaFoxy24 said:

Surprisingly, They can fly freely in the sky, and can free pass through rocks and mountain. About during my 30 minute stay, I witnessed more than 10 avatars fly in the sky. so swag!!

Not sure it is flying or just large floating jumps made with a HUD that changes your gravity.  Most mesh and sculpty rocks are set not phantom, and you cannot easily pass through them, although you can get stuck inside a rock and be forced to TP out.  

I really doubt your 10 "flying" avatars in 30 mins of observing claim.  I have watched the swamp and lava cave jumping rocks quest areas for many hours, with an alt account while I was working on something useful on my main. (Cheap entertainment)  I would say maybe 2 cheaters per hour is more like it.  If 50 pass thru a quest in an hour, that is 4%, 2 cheaters and 48 honest players.  Showing an edited video of just cheaters really proves nothing - there have always been cheaters there in small numbers.  

The funny thing is why bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks?   Most experienced players can jump the lava rocks to the final quest in 15 to 30 SECONDS.  If anything flying takes longer!  And if you are caught flying and are reported, LL will permanently ban you from the Realms. 

Finally why are you posting the same thing in all of the Realm threads?  Your video is misleading - thousands play and enjoy the Realms playing it honestly.  Cheating just means those few players have no skills and are stupid, or new.  They don't affect the majority of honest players at all. 

If LL really wants to clean up the Realms,  just require Payment Info On File to get the $L50/week reward.  Same as they do in PaleoQuest.  Not many with PIOF are going to risk getting banned when their identity is known.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

9 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Not sure it is flying or just large floating jumps made with a HUD that changes your gravity.  Most mesh and sculpty rocks are set not phantom, and you cannot easily pass through them, although you can get stuck inside a rock and be forced to TP out.  

As you know, only normaly jump times are allowed in Realms.Flying LSL or floating jump, and long jump HUD etc,, Regardless of what any LSL they are, they are cheating. And the result is the same right? And if you're really watching my videos, you'll understand that they won't be Teleported out.

11 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I really doubt your 10 "flying" avatars in 30 mins of observing claim.  I have watched the swamp and lava cave jumping rocks quest areas for many hours, with an alt account while I was working on something useful on my main. (Cheap entertainment)  I would say maybe 2 cheaters per hour is more like it.  If 50 pass thru a quest in an hour, that is 4%, 2 cheaters and 48 honest players.  Showing an edited video of just cheaters really proves nothing - there have always been cheaters there in small numbers.  

The funny thing is why bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks?   Most experienced players can jump the lava rocks to the final quest in 15 to 30 SECONDS.  If anything flying takes longer!  And if you are caught flying and are reported, LL will permanently ban you from the Realms. 

Finally why are you posting the same thing in all of the Realm threads?  Your video is misleading - thousands play and enjoy the Realms playing it honestly.  Cheating just means those few players have no skills and are stupid, or new.  They don't affect the majority of honest players at all. 

If LL really wants to clean up the Realms,  just require Payment Info On File to get the $L50/week reward.  Same as they do in PaleoQuest.  Not many with PIOF are going to risk getting banned when their identity is known.

If you say, "These are all fake news!!," like the president of some country, you should give your rationale. ahaha

In short, to summarize your said, a few cheaters should be overlooked right? awesome.

First of all, you have to take into account that you and I have different time zone, different days and different seasons. For example, if I and someone other than you stay in Realms for the same amount of time, I don't think you will get the same observations, but what do you think about it?

Or do you want to say that the solution to this problem should be less than 25 people in Realms per hour? Or should the observation time be less than 5 minutes? no way, haha.

And should edited and misleading my videos be deleted? No needs, these are all true. Of course, there are also unedited videos. do you want? lol

There are various LSLs in SL, but how to use them depends on the consciousness of the user. That's moral is asked. The same is true in the RL and SL. "Guns don't kill people, human insanity kills people."

Next, why bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks? in other words why do they cheat? phew,, are you kidding me? If you are seriously asking questions, I would answer, but the only thing cheaters want from SL is to convert L$ into real money. or why not ask the cheaters yourself? "Why do you cheat? and bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks?"

Finally, about why I posted in multiple threads. In the first, all cheaters are not interested in the existence and maintenance of the any SL game park and community.
But in order for Realmus to remain sustainable, it is necessary to play with a sense of responsibility and a common sense. May be people without credit cards don't hope Realms to be like PaleoQuest. As you say, most of them are good people.
Try you guess, What happens if cheaters continue to increase? Surely LL will eventually require players to register for payment information, it is the same system as Pareo. But you said, "They don't affect the majority of honest players at all". Are you serious? omg.

I wanted to make this topic known to everyone about Realms and share this "problem." Oh well,, I've updated my video.
"Funny people of Linden Realms"
https://vimeo.com/388442029

It is unknown what scripts the cheaters use, but they are by no means efficient. I think that my post is meaningful just to know that. At least more than just your subjective opinion.  If you want to discuss with me more, please provide some objective basis. Thanks.

4 hours ago, AnyaFoxy24 said:

If you say, "These are all fake news!!," like the president of some country, you should give your rationale. ahaha

In short, to summarize your said, a few cheaters should be overlooked right? awesome.

First of all, you have to take into account that you and I have different time zone, different days and different seasons. For example, if I and someone other than you stay in Realms for the same amount of time, I don't think you will get the same observations, but what do you think about it?

Or do you want to say that the solution to this problem should be less than 25 people in Realms per hour? Or should the observation time be less than 5 minutes? no way, haha.

And should edited and misleading my videos be deleted? No needs, these are all true. Of course, there are also unedited videos. do you want? lol

There are various LSLs in SL, but how to use them depends on the consciousness of the user. That's moral is asked. The same is true in the RL and SL. "Guns don't kill people, human insanity kills people."

Next, why bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks? in other words why do they cheat? phew,, are you kidding me? If you are seriously asking questions, I would answer, but the only thing cheaters want from SL is to convert L$ into real money. or why not ask the cheaters yourself? "Why do you cheat? and bother to fly or mega jump across the rocks?"

Finally, about why I posted in multiple threads. In the first, all cheaters are not interested in the existence and maintenance of the any SL game park and community.
But in order for Realmus to remain sustainable, it is necessary to play with a sense of responsibility and a common sense. May be people without credit cards don't hope Realms to be like PaleoQuest. As you say, most of them are good people.
Try you guess, What happens if cheaters continue to increase? Surely LL will eventually require players to register for payment information, it is the same system as Pareo. But you said, "They don't affect the majority of honest players at all". Are you serious? omg.

I wanted to make this topic known to everyone about Realms and share this "problem." Oh well,, I've updated my video.
"Funny people of Linden Realms"
https://vimeo.com/388442029

It is unknown what scripts the cheaters use, but they are by no means efficient. I think that my post is meaningful just to know that. At least more than just your subjective opinion.  If you want to discuss with me more, please provide some objective basis. Thanks.

I thought Linden realm already requires players to have payment information? when i walked into the portal they sent me a introduction notecard, it says that you need to have payment info on file to claim the linden

4 hours ago, apr1cot said:

I thought Linden realm already requires players to have payment information? when i walked into the portal they sent me a introduction notecard, it says that you need to have payment info on file to claim the linden

You do not need PIOF to collect the $L50 per week.  Any free basic account works.  You do need PIOF to cash in any crystals you have collected anytime.

The notecard is poorly written.  The word "of" is not proper english in the added sentence about PIOF.  They should have said "after", to indicate PIOF only is needed for crystals.  Unfortunately, some might think it's a typo and "of" should have been "or".  No typo, just poor English and no double checking that the sentence was confusing.

Quoting from the notecard you received:

"Welcome to Linden Realms. This is a fun interactive game experience.

To play:

- Follow the quests.
- Collect crystals.
- Avoid the Rock Monsters.
- Receive L$ prizes for completing the quests each week.
- Receive L$ prizes for collecting crystals.

In order to claim a payout for collecting crystals of completing quests, you need to have a Payment method on file, and you need to have used it at least once to buy L$."

Most of those 2% "cheaters" only can collect the 50$L/week because they do not have PIOF.  This also means there is little crystal collecting going on anymore.  I am often the only avatar in a region collecting crystals now.  Before the change, non PIOF alts were running all over the regions competing to get the orange, green and blue crystals.  This is also why there is NO NEED for any speed enhancers to reach a crystal first.  You are only competing with yourself now.  The "cheating" rules are basically obsolete.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AnyaFoxy24 said:

Cheaters, or those that do not follow the SL game rules, and it is just a silly game, can not take any more lindens from SL than a player that follows the rules.   That is my point - if the cheaters can save 15 seconds by mega jumping in two of the quests, so what?  It does not affect anyone else.  This is not a game of competition.  You do not earn extra points for being faster at completing a quest.  In fact you have 7 days to complete the quests.  I normally take about 30 mins to finish all four quests, if I don't stop to collect crystals, because I am slow and take stretch breaks.  If I was rushed I can do it in 15 mins, all within the rules. I think SL should pay the cheaters extra lindens for providing free entertainment for you 😊

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

I see, May be your eyes are on the cheeks of your ass. Oh well, don't worry about it. I don't blame you. ahaha

I think you might know this, cheaters run the field about three times faster than normal, flying or run on swamp water and lava pools. They have complete 4 quests within about 10 minutes. Also log in with multiple accounts at the same time and complete the quest with multiple avatars. L$ get is double.

First all, let me confirm to make sure,, did you really watch my video?
https://vimeo.com/388675393
https://vimeo.com/388694060

There are so many cheaters, that my video encoding and editing can't keep up, but where is the rationale for what you said a "Cheater is 2 % "? Why do you want to push the impression that the cheater is 2%?
I hopefully 2 % of you don't include you alt account. lol

48 minutes ago, AnyaFoxy24 said:

I see, May be your eyes are on the cheeks of your ass. Oh well, don't worry about it. I don't blame you. ahaha

I think you might know this, cheaters run the field about three times faster than normal, flying or run on swamp water and lava pools. They have complete 4 quests within about 10 minutes. Also log in with multiple accounts at the same time and complete the quest with multiple avatars. L$ get is double.

First all, let me confirm to make sure,, did you really watch my video?
https://vimeo.com/388675393
https://vimeo.com/388694060

There are so many cheaters, that my video encoding and editing can't keep up, but where is the rationale for what you said a "Cheater is 2 % "? Why do you want to push the impression that the cheater is 2%?
I hopefully 2 % of you don't include you alt account. lol

LOL

Last time I checked the eyes on my cat avatar were on her forehead where they should be.

So let's see - a cheater can run the quests in 10 minutes, and I can run them with no cheating in 15 mins.  OMG, what do they do with those extra 5 mins they gain every week?  It is still 50 lindens per week per avatar.  Logging in with multiple accounts and using RLV I assume, to do 2 or 3 at a time saves them more time.  They must be terribly busy in RL to save that much time for 50, or 100, or 150 lindens PER WEEK.  If they can get up to about 300 lindens they can make one US Dollar!  That would require 6 alts. But so can anyone running the quests normally.  Why would anyone risk getting banned just to save a few minutes per week? 

I have seen as many as 50 Alts all belonging to the same person in PaleoQuest.  I watched all 50 of them cash in at the weekly quest stand for 100 Lindens/alt, two at a time.   Why don't you complain about that?  You are not Linden Lab.  You think they don't know what is going on?  If they want to limit multiple accounts they have the capability.  Perhaps they have a reason to give away their token currency to obviously poor people, mostly from 3rd world countries.  I expect most of those lindens are spent in SL, supporting designers and builders, or paying weekly for small land parcels.  LL gets a cut from every transaction, and commits highway robbery with fees if you try to get your dollars into the real world.   

Perhaps you can file a ticket to the financial officer of Linden Lab, and get a professional answer why they are giving away lindens to game players.  That seems to be your main complaint, since cheaters have no real advantages over any skilled player.

I like 2%, has a nice ring to it.  Give me the time of day you see this 50% cheating going on at the quests, and I will observe.  I will pass on making any videos though; I have better things to do with my time.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I like 2%, has a nice ring to it.  Give me the time of day you see this 50% cheating going on at the quests, and I will observe.  I will pass on making any videos though; I have better things to do with my time. 

awe, that was hilarious. lmao
well, surely you always have a life that is right, wonderful and absolutely failures free. maybe its in your genes, thats great!!! I stand up and applaud you, with condescending applause and stupid fart!! ahahaha 
oh well,, I was well done that you did not answer my question, and that there was not enough evidence and grounds to prove your subjective opinion. talking to you is a waste of my time. please forget it, have it your way. lol

Edited by AnyaFoxy24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.