Tilia Terms of Service

Sadie Colter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did not see the Tilia Terms of Service appear on my Dashboard until today, November 5, 2019.

have read conflicting answers to the following question in different forums and in listening to the Open forum:

Does one who has no USD wallet and never plans to have one have to accept the Tilia Terms of Service to be able to continue in Second Life?

11 minutes ago, Sadie Colter said:

I did not see the Tilia Terms of Service appear on my Dashboard until today, November 5, 2019.

have read conflicting answers to the following question in different forums and in listening to the Open forum:

Does one who has no USD wallet and never plans to have one have to accept the Tilia Terms of Service to be able to continue in Second Life?

If you do not plan on "cashing out" no you do not. If you change your mind in the future you can accept the terms at that time. You may have to wait a bit while things process so you may not be able to cash out immediately as sometimes additional information is needed. If you are outside the US and your government does not have an official photo ID, file a ticket with LL to find out what you need to do.

6 minutes ago, Sadie Colter said:

Thank you, but how do I bypass it?  I can't seem to.

If you have ever cashed out, you may not be able to. There should be a little x somewhere or a cancel button or something.

ETA: This should answer most if not all your questions.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

15 minutes ago, Sadie Colter said:

Thank you, but how do I bypass it?  I can't seem to.

You may not be able to.

Something like this, I suspect, happened to a friend of mine: he had never cashed out to US$, and had never withdrawn money from SL, but he somehow ended up with a tiny amount (like 35 cents or something) in his US$ "wallet." Apparently it was from a refund for group liabilities, or something like that -- I don't remember the details.

Anyway, he had no choice but to accept the Tilia TOS, despite never having actually deliberately cashed out.

You might try contacting LL directly about this, and finding out what the problem is. Unless you actually do have money in your US$ account, you shouldn't even be seeing the pop up.

ETA: Go to your dashboard, and look under "Process Credit." It should tell you if you have money in your wallet.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sadie Colter said:

As I understand it, it gives more of my information away to other people for their purposes.  So if I don't have to, I don't want to.  Thank you :)

As I understand it, just accepting the Tilia ToS doesn't require any additional information beyond what LL already have on you.

It's when you "cash out", "process credit", withdraw real money from your LL account to the real world that you may be required to provide positive real life ID.

• Like 1

@Sadie Colter,

KT is correct.  Accepting the Tilia Terms of Service does not give your information away to other people.  In fact, it may limit people's access to your information.  Tilia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Linden Lab, but it's a separate organization now.  That means that your personal information is only available to a subset of LL employees.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

If you do not plan on "cashing out" no you do not. If you change your mind in the future you can accept the terms at that time. You may have to wait a bit while things process so you may not be able to cash out immediately as sometimes additional information is needed. If you are outside the US and your government does not have an official photo ID, file a ticket with LL to find out what you need to do.

I do not plan on cashing out- however.. I still had to check the box, to get into my account.  Over eight cents, because I bought an item directly, the other day that was under a dollar USD, and the difference, they put in my 'wallet'.  Moral of the story- if you don't ever want to have to agree to the Tilia terms.. don't buy things when you don't have enough Lindens.  Buy the Lindens first, then get the item.  I bought something that exceeded my Linden balance, so instead of drawing from that, it drew it from my payment method and because the amount needed was under the minimum fiat currency amount, they withdrew the minimum, and instead of converting it to an extra Linden or two, popped in into a USD balance.  Which then triggered having to agree to something that I had no intention of using, ever... just to get into my account.  Over $0.08.  

Just a note that SOME of us (many of my RL and virtual friends and I anyway) went to great lengths NOT to sign the Tilia terms of service because we READ it and did not agree with it (adamantly). Hence agreeing to it was "a lie".   So hopefully the OP will be able to get LL to take away the  money that appeared in their USD wallet.  It might be best to try and contact Tilia rather than put in a ticket.   

Here is the contact page: https://www.tilia-inc.com/contact/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sammiethesprite said:

don't buy things when you don't have enough Lindens.  Buy the Lindens first, then get the item.

You mean like how I've been doing it for 16 years without ever having a USD balance and people always think I'm stupid for doing it that way? Yet, I still haven't had to agree to Tilia's terms. Go figure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.