5 letters game

This has gone a bit off. It's an interesting game variant, but I prefer the normal 5 word sentence replies (the original game), which aren't as easy as this latest variation. It can get very silly:-

Heavy Octopuses Use Some Empty bottles to keep fresh water in, so they don't always have to swim around looking for something to drink when they get thirsty, which happens QUITE often.

The last normal one was S W A M P, by Susie.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I agree, Phil. We have had several variations over the years, but we've settled on three that people seem comfortable with:

1. A five-word response that is followed by a new five-letter seed. (The original plan)

2. A six-word response in which the first five words use the previous 5-letter seed and the last word is a new five-letter seed. (I prefer that one)

3. A Five-word response in which the fifth word is the new five-letter seed. (Lindal always liked that one)

So, using AHEAD:

All herons eat a daily TROUT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree, Phil. We have had several variations over the years, but we've settled on three that people seem comfortable with:

1. A five-word response that is followed by a new five-letter seed. (The original plan)

2. A six-word response in which the first five words use the previous 5-letter seed and the last word is a new five-letter seed. (I prefer that one)

3. A Five-word response in which the fifth word is the new five-letter seed. (Lindal always liked that one)

So, using AHEAD:

All herons eat a daily TROUT

I like #1 or #2, because it's sometimes easier to make a 6 word sentence than a 5 word one.

What I don't like is when people use random letters instead if a word for the seed. Random letters often make it harder for the next person, whereas a complete sentence and word encourages the person posting to make the sentence and word topical in some way. Sometimes we'll have a running theme, sometimes a sentence responds to the previous one, and sometimes I use the 5 Word game as a way to comment on RL or SL topics that I can't otherwise discuss on the forum.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've recently joined this game and like it as a form of quaint mental exercise. Picked up the different variations by observing responses from others. I agree they should be limited and believe that these 3 variations are sufficient to allow flexibility in responses while keeping the game grounded.

Using TROUT ->

True realists only utter TRUTH

• Like 1