Tilia update: ID verification

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

Hello! I may be wrong, but as I know, from the first of August there will be a Tilia update and it will be necessary to go through a re-verification, but how definitely, what needs to be done? where to send an id?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

thanks of course for the link, but could you explain in your own words what is it?

If you want to process credit (sell L$ to your US$ account and remove from second life to paypal)  you need to provide some sort of identity  to prove who you are. If you aren't removing money from SL to RL, you don't need to do anything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If you want to process credit (sell L$ to your US$ account and remove from second life to paypal)  you need to provide some sort of identity  to prove who you are. If you aren't removing money from SL to RL, you don't need to do anything

thanks, yes, but how to do that? where to send the id? should i submit a ticket or something? i could not find any info where to send it...

Oh i guess the answer is:

When will I be asked for an ID?

You are asked for ID when you initiate a process-credit request and send US dollars to your payment method on file.

Thank you very much again!

Edited by Sunbleached

5 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

@Cindy Evanier

Can you by chance give an addition info?

If i have a store, but do not transfer $ out of sl do i still need to do this verification? If not, will i be charged inactivity fee? I mean, if i do not attempt to transfer money, how do i get this verification request?

I think all the information you need is in the first link I gave you.  That is official not my idea of how it works

also this

and this

https://accounts-customer.secondlife.com/kyc/287e0c95-4cea-4132-a086-5367776ebb60/default

and this

You should really read and make up your own mind, not my take on how it all works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

It should be on your dashboard under Billing information. There will either be a message that they have everything they need or you will be asked for extra information.

Thanks a lot! checked all the necessary information they already have.

30 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thank you for trolling with the emojs! if you didn't realise it raises my reps, please go on

you started it. threw me emoticons, in the hope that this would provoke me to do the same in return. If this is the only way for you to gain a reputation, I am very sorry for you.

(reported off subject post and blacklisted)

Edited by Sunbleached

18 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

you started it. (reported off subject post and blacklisted)

yep those things are here to show what you think about a post, not to go to a profile and put those on every post you can find.
the answers on these tilia questions are chewed thousend times in the official posts.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

hello, i am french and i had given all my informations long ago and also filed the US gov form called CERTIFICATE OF FOREIGN STATUS (W-8BEN (TAX)  i think)

Regarding the fact that actualy TILIA asking me to give AGAIN all my infos, i wanted to know if this was some kind of "bug" or weither that was Real?

Will they ask me to fill again the W-8BEN?

Iam currently uploading again the driver licence, but i see the " Required utility bill showing address within 90 days " what kind of stuff is that ?

Will i be able to edit my infos anytime?

The "utility bill" can be other forms of proof of address. You can find a list on this page under the question "What is an acceptable proof of address?": https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/tilia-faq-r1533/#Section_3_12

No idea about the W-8BEN as I didn't see a reference to it and I haven't gone through the process yet.

40 minutes ago, Majestic Kohime said:

ok and will they ask me to pay stuff in the future, like forcing  fees or ***** like that? wil i be allowed to delete all my data if i want to leave second life?

You can almost always delete your personal data from "any site" you gave it to. BUT, that company HAS it and it is very likely they won't be deleting it from their archives. They may need it for legal purposes for one thing.   I suggest that you read the newly out FRENCH FAQ Tilia Knowlege Base Info.  

French version is here:  

15 minutes ago, Majestic Kohime said:

i wont bneed to do anything else? 

only thing you'll need to do if not done so already is agree to the ToS before the end of October, theres a link on the Lindex Sell page if you not already done so

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.