Premium account

Ang3lkiss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am premium account holder, and I don't know how to get one of the  new homes, nor if there is a special application that is needed.  Also, I have gotten additional land holding, now do you get extra prim with that and how is it done.  I would appreciate any help, thank you

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Ang3lkiss said:

I don't know how to get one of the  new homes, nor if there is a special application that is needed. 

Read the Knowledge Base article at 

There's no special order form. You just have to be patient.  The new generation of Linden Homes is very popular, so as soon as one comes on the market, it's grabbed within seconds.  If you specify anything other than one of the Bellisseria homes, you'll end up with a first generation home.

6 hours ago, Ang3lkiss said:

Also, I have gotten additional land holding, now do you get extra prim with that and how is it done.

You can't get "extra prims." Your premium membership includes a waiver of land fees on 1024 sq m of land anywhere on the mainland.  You can either use that to pay for a Linden Home or you can buy 1024 sq m  of land and use that waiver to pay for the monthly land fees on it.  In any case, the number of prims you are allowed is directly proportional to the amount of land that you own. The only way to get more prim allowance is to buy more land.

It would be nice if we could put our names on a waiting list because these homes are not coming up for everyone who is a premium member.  If the homes become available then those waiting on the list have 48 hours to accept their new home or it goes down the list.  Otherwise some of us who do not get into SL every day miss out.  Paying for premium membership for a reason but it is 4 months now and still many of us have the old homes. 

15 hours ago, FashionistaBabee said:

It would be nice if we could put our names on a waiting list because these homes are not coming up for everyone who is a premium member.  If the homes become available then those waiting on the list have 48 hours to accept their new home or it goes down the list.  Otherwise some of us who do not get into SL every day miss out.  Paying for premium membership for a reason but it is 4 months now and still many of us have the old homes. 

This is not a bad idea, although I think it's unlikely LL will do it.  As for waiting for 4 months...well, this change in Linden Homes is a HUGE change to the geography and the economy of Second Life, the first such change in about eight years.  It's going to take time and frankly, I think that that is a GOOD thing, although I know it's frustrating to have to wait.

i took the dive into premium recently. not that impressed with it but 12$ isnt much to give something a try. personally i think they need to fix what they have before adding to it. i read something about the better houses not being available or they get taken as quickly as their put up. I think my house that was available is pretty underwhelming. not anything wrong with it just expected something different. i never saw a home without a bathroom  till now. Some of the perks are pretty much useless. The premium destinations are almost always empty. thats my 3 cents worth. oh PS. i intended to put this in a forum post i read before but couldnt find it. it was titled how to make premium better. so if someone could send me a link ill put it there and take this one down

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This is not a bad idea, although I think it's unlikely LL will do it.  As for waiting for 4 months...well, this change in Linden Homes is a HUGE change to the geography and the economy of Second Life, the first such change in about eight years.  It's going to take time and frankly, I think that that is a GOOD thing, although I know it's frustrating to have to wait.

Thanks Lindal, yes I do agree it's time for an update after 8 years, way overdue.  However, for a company like LL one would think they would have planned this a bit better to be honest.  Aside from the waiting and never knowing if there are new homes available, you have to go homeless while you wait or give up your existing land to even see if a new home comes up on the list of homes available.  So if you have to go through that every time its beyond frustrating.  It could easily have been done by releasing homes based on age of premium members or length of time as premium member.  LL is a huge tech company so I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have thought this through before now.  They also increased the premium annual fees shortly after the homes were released and kind of enticed people into thinking these new homes would make it worthwhile to be a premium member before the fees went up.  Now all these people have paid annual fees for old outdated Linden homes.  It is what it is but it doesn't seem their release of these new homes was really in the best interest of the Premium members and was most definitely not well planned.

57 minutes ago, latinatransgirl said:

i took the dive into premium recently. not that impressed with it but 12$ isnt much to give something a try. personally i think they need to fix what they have before adding to it. i read something about the better houses not being available or they get taken as quickly as their put up. I think my house that was available is pretty underwhelming. not anything wrong with it just expected something different. i never saw a home without a bathroom  till now. Some of the perks are pretty much useless. The premium destinations are almost always empty. thats my 3 cents worth. oh PS. i intended to put this in a forum post i read before but couldnt find it. it was titled how to make premium better. so if someone could send me a link ill put it there and take this one down

Personally, I don't care about a bathroom in my home but everyone has different tastes.  There is more to SL than just the premium destinations so it's worth exploring a bit more.  The extra $300L they give you each week is nice and once the newer homes are available that will be a bonus too... we'll see where it's at when my premium membership is up for renewal but if things don't improve, for sure won't be renewing.

10 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

there is no available premium homes are brand new there are only old *****y ones

I wound up getting a garbage tree stump for a home

I don't know why they haven't started gradually tearing down the old crappy ones and replace them with newer more efficient better ones

Max, they're going to, eventually.  First, they have to make enough of the new ones, before they can start demolishing the old ones.  If you follow some of the threads about Bellisseria in the Linden Homes forum, you will see that creating whole new neighborhoods of homes is not simply a matter of pushing a button somewhere.  It's more like building a new housing development in Real Life.  Neither one is accomplished in a day!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.