Make different colored walls in your Linden Home

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Looks extremely complicated - I guess I will buy the addons as usual.

Tried Blender several times and it made me nervous :(

You need to take some classes hon. If you don't want to pay for them, Blender Benders offers a very full set of classes for free. Check them out, join the group and Join in the class next time they offer beginner classes

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

You need to take some classes hon. If you don't want to pay for them, Blender Benders offers a very full set of classes for free. Check them out, join the group and Join in the class next time they offer beginner classes

It seems to be some kind of missunderstanding. I simply do not LIKE to learn new software. It doesn't fascinate me but simply annoys me ... at least at this present time and state of mind.

Some decades ago I taught myself programming in Basic ... then abot ten years later I taught myself making websites just by typing them into txt files ... all without taking couses just learning by doing, by copying stuff, dissassembling it, changing and reassembling, took hours and hours and hours but just fascinated me.  Was a kind od addiction.

But just at the moment I feel kind of tired ... no motivation ... just as simple as that.

Maybe some day that will be different again.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It seems to be some kind of missunderstanding. I simply do not LIKE to learn new software. It doesn't fascinate me but simply annoys me ... at least at this present time and state of mind.

Some decades ago I taught myself programming in Basic ... then abot ten years later I taught myself making websites just by typing them into txt files ... all without taking couses just learning by doing, by copying stuff, dissassembling it, changing and reassembling, took hours and hours and hours but just fascinated me.  Was a kind od addiction.

But just at the moment I feel kind of tired ... no motivation ... just as simple as that.

Maybe some day that will be different again.

Sorry Hon, I misunderstood. You do seem like a life long learner. Here's hoping you find something that inspires you again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Sorry Hon, I misunderstood. You do seem like a life long learner. Here's hoping you find something that inspires you again.

Well the last thing that inspired me was Bellisseria and this forum. I am active in various messageboards since long years but I only stuck to German ones though I have spent three months in England when I was 15. But now I just took up the challenge to express myself in a foreign language.

Übung macht dem Meister! as we say. ;)

• Like 7

• 5 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, Marianne Little said:

All I need now is one kind soul to tell me how to remove most of the triangles in Blender. I know how to import and join the prim build, but I desperately need to optimize it , reduce polygons and simplify.

I have tried to see @Chic Aeonvideo tutorials, but it is made a bit too complicated for me. It is not many who build in SL, and only fresh up their work in Blender.

Hi ! You can use this specific add-on for SL & opensim in blender. It helps a lot for first step and works on 2.8.

A blender version more intuitive and easy, really. So you can try basic tutorials.

And ask your access on the bêta grid to test your creation and ajust if necessary because you dont pay there. It's just a ticket to linden.

https://github.com/uriesk/unregis-blender-tools

• Thanks 2

• 2 years later...

Doyle2.0_001.thumb.png.ef655cfcd09d4d85101eb22a78f3900d.pngThank you @Marianne Little!!!  I followed your tutorial today and made my first mesh.  I messed it up a bit but that was my own impatience/incompetence but still I took 67 prims into blender and came out with only 6 land impact to wallpaper the entire Doyle Lindenhome. Now I am tweaking the 67 prim thing so that it will fit a bit better and I'm gonna try it again.  I never thought I'd ever have the courage to use Blender but your tutorial made it easy.

Second try worked better and now only 1 land impact!

Edited by kali Wylder
to add a picture and more words
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.