I can't do anything!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They did their rolling restarts this morning about 6:30 AM EDT, and now I can't do anything. I have been trying to find a place to report what is happening so I will try here. My avatar is a cloud,  "can't find in database" messages are rampant and even the premade noob avatars won't work. 

Before my avatar became a cloud, I was unable to sit properly on objects. Second Life is totally FUBAR this morning. 🥵

Have you tried logging into any other locations?

It sounds like your chosen home region has restarted with a permissions failure.  That isn't unknown and a restart (contact LL Support) for the region usually fixes that.  Otherwise it may be your connection (ISP) that is struggling or your modem/router might benefit from a full power-off restart.

There are just so many ways things can and do go askew with SL!

Edited by Aishagain

2 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Have you tried logging into any other locations?

It sounds like your chosen home region has restarted with a permissions failure.  That isn't unknown and a restart for the region usually fixes that.  Otherwise it may be your connection (ISP) that is struggling or your modem/router might benefit from a full power-off restart.

There are just so many ways things can and do go askew with SL!

I tried traveling to other locations and it had no effect.  Whatever this is, it is a SL problem because the "can't find.... in database" messages are rampant. 

Then you need to contact LL Support.  Assuming you have rebooted both your PC and modem, naturally.  The errors are, most likely, a result of poor connection to SL, not SL itself.

Less common are issues with "Flat" inventories (ie too many items in single folders, too much in an uncleared trash folder, or even too many items in your "received items". all these issues can be addressed by LL, but you must contact them via support to get any action.

This is a problem that LL has created with the latest server updates. I discovered this past week that I couldn't sit on anything or see others sitting in one of the sims on the Magnum RC server channel. And when I tried to relog I came back as a cloud with my body parts not turning up in the database. The same thing happened when I visited a Bluesteel sim on Sunday. I was okay on main channel sims. I saw they'd updated the RC channels that week, and I contacted LL support, putting in a ticket on it and asking them not to do the update on the main channel. But they did it today it seems. Now I'm having the same problem everywhere. I got inworld the first time okay for some reason, but I had to clear cache and relog because I had no messages or notices. When I came back, it was as a cloud with parts not found in the database, even though my inventory loaded fully after the relog. I'm on Singularity version 1.8.6. A friend on version 1.8.7 says it doesn't work either. She tried the latest Singularity Alpha, and it's the same. She's going to try the Test version that is noted above. I don't know if it will work for me, as my computer was missing a file that the Alphas needed to start (some .dll file associated with C++ I think). It's likely the test versions do as well. So I'm stuck as a cloud with my database not loading enough to get me back into SL.I don't understand what change was so important that it had to destroy all older viewers to make it. Sigh. And my friend just tried the latest Test build of Singularity, and she's still a cloud. So Singularity doesn't work at all now it seems. Anyone have any ideas?

And I just got logged out of SL. So I can't even stay for long now it seems. My friend who had the problem, too, even tried Firestorm, and it wouldn't work for her. Sigh. LL needs to do something to fix this and fix it fast. Was anyone having this problem able to get it fixed with a different viewer? She said she even tried the regular SL viewer and it wouldn't work for her. This is a major problem.

Today in the Server-Scripting UG meeting Liru Færs (inusaito.kanya) the one compiling Singularity came around to explain what was happening.

[2019/07/02 12:31]  Liru Færs (inusaito.kanya): So the singu thing is two different issues people are mixing up, actually. The first, Torric mentioned already, we put out a test build yesterday or so and its UDP was broken somewhat, I pushed out a fixed build without version bump shortly thereafter.

[2019/07/02 12:32]  Liru Færs (inusaito.kanya): The other issue is the worse one, probably what Nal brought up. UDP is broken on Alpha and Release singu, on the RC regions, I'm fairly sure. which is good, that means your changes to turn it off are now working. Unfortunately, we're amidst a lull in developer availability, and so Linux libraries haven't been rebuilt yet, so our release is  latent.

[2019/07/02 12:34]  Nal (nalates.urriah): Thank you  Liru. Is there any way for Sing users to keep up with what is happening?

[2019/07/02 12:34]  Liru Færs (inusaito.kanya): what I'm thinking to do, is to fix all the release blockers (I have nearly all done), and update the Windows release them, when everything is sorted, we will do a more complete release along with release notes.

[2019/07/02 12:34]  Liru Færs (inusaito.kanya): aside from watching my repository, not yet.

This is not a case of SL breaking. This is a case of the viewer not keeping up. 

Apparently, the server update last week is when Singularity users started seeing alpha render problems and bake fail while in RC regions. That is why the 'move to a main channel region and relog' fix worked. Now that all regions are running the version from last week's RC... there is no better place to RC to.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 3:12 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

There is a fix for the Singularity Viewer, Test/Nightly version 7667.

[12:10] Torric Rodas: they need to download from  - latest info I have https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/ and choose version 7640 - from the Server UG group today.

I am most grateful to you. It worked. I build some minor things on SL If you ever need some inventory, like a gazebo that I made myself, just contact me inworld. 

• Thanks 1

Iv'e encountered this problem.
I log in to find that im a cloud. Anything i put on stays on and wont detach, and everytime i try to Test Female or Test Female, take ANYTHING off it refuses to detach and gives me a spam of several 'Failed to find....database' error notifs. Iv'e relogged, cleared cache, gone to different sims. Nothing works, for any of my sims. This needs fixing.

5 hours ago, FyrFox said:

Iv'e encountered this problem.
I log in to find that im a cloud. Anything i put on stays on and wont detach, and everytime i try to Test Female or Test Female, take ANYTHING off it refuses to detach and gives me a spam of several 'Failed to find....database' error notifs. Iv'e relogged, cleared cache, gone to different sims. Nothing works, for any of my sims. This needs fixing.

Which viewer are you using?
Go to the top menu bar of the viewer, click Help -> About Second Life/Viewer name & copy the first line showing the exact viewer version here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.