Wanted: Mesh Head Consultant

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted the following in the Inworld Employment section of the Commerce Forum without results, so I'll try here>

After another two-hour session of unproductively trying to figure out if I could make a bento mesh head look like me, I again gave up in frustration.

I want a nice-looking mesh head. It is very important to me that it be a better version of my classic avatar face, not a different face. I am looking for an expert that I can pay to:

1. Find and select the right mesh head;
  2. Select the right shape;
  3. Select a skin;
  4. Find the right settings for the shape sliders;
  5. Do anything else necessary to achieve my goal.

I wear a Maitreya Lara body, so the head needs to work with it, unless it is enough better than alternatives to make it worth my while to change. The head selected should have reasonable availability of makeup appliers.

If qualified and interested, please respond to this thread and/or PM or IM me.

It would be a plus if people seeking this job could provide references.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Post your current system look here,

This, please.

I can see the two small pics in your profile but I would love to have a good close up or two so I could start building your shape.

[eta]
Let me start again and be clear.

Hi, Jennifer.  I would like to help you with finding a head, skin and shape.  I am retired and in US Central time as well so any time you are free, let's get together so I can get a few pics of your current look and I will start working on a You.2 shape.  I don't charge anything for this; I like the hobby and don't want a job. ;)

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OK, let me work on a few possibilities ... This first one is LeLutka's Aida head.  Click for larger view like normal.

1247356635_2019-06-12_006(2).thumb.jpg.0f02c5500b29055cef4a498e47a4ca90.jpg 29363904_2019-06-12_005(2).thumb.jpg.8e18159c72f3144d8999b124165e2116.jpg

Matching your lips is going to be tough.  The good news is with mesh head animations we can get more smiles.

1724679549_2019-06-12_007(2).thumb.jpg.3fc45d18d262260665f3c0b30aa7359d.jpg

The eyes ... I'm not happy with.  The brows need work too but I figure you will use the same hairbase for your brows.  Nose is good, chin is good, mouth is not the same :(

Anyway. This is the first draft.  I'll keep working on it.  I have 2 other LeLutka heads I want to try and I haven't even started looking at Catwa yet.

• Like 1

Coming up with take #2.  This is LeLutka Simone.  The other LeLutka head did not like the thin lips at all.  Actually it is going to be a problem with most heads; as the lips get thinner the teeth start poking through.  Anyway, here is a shape for Simone plus a short animation of the Happy mood so we can be sure the teeth don't clip through the lips.

2019-06-12_013.thumb.jpg.f84ceb11add336c477d0ea4ee0cf31eb.jpg

0f0dbaa4db482ea17db4d6083f7fe086.gif

[edit to add]
This is one of the stock skins, BTW. 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LylaQ said:

The last one is a winner to me. I hope @Jennifer Boyle likes it!

Only that the mesh head looks so much better than the default head.

Maybe it is so different to see her features more refined, that she will say: "That's not me". Like someone in RL who's not using makeup, and then get a professional to give them a makeover. I have seen some TV-shows, and first they are all shocked, then they like it.

Is it still LeLutka Simone, with another skin that match the brows better?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Only that the mesh head looks so much better than the default head.

Maybe it is so different to see her features more refined, that she will say: "That's not me"

Very much this. Trying to adjust a mesh head to match the look of an old system avie is like trying to make a beautiful new technique/style to look less nice so it matches an outdated technology. Upgrading system to avie will always make you look different. If you do not want that, you should not upgrade. Reason to upgrade to mesh is because you want to use the new features, looks, skins whatever, meaning you want to upgrade your look.

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I think I got a contender here.  Tell me what you think about this one, Jennifer. Does it look like you to you?

Have to say this look is absolutely gorgeous! Also explains why I thought your avie looked so different in the "look at me" topic 

Edited by Zeta Vandyke

14 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I think I got a contender here.  Tell me what you think about this one, Jennifer. Does it look like you to you?

You do. I think it does look a lot like me and looks really nice. I'll have to actually try it to know, but I'll bet when I try it, I'll get used to it really fast.

Thank you so much! I am sooooo impressed with your knowledge and your generosity with it and your time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cannot thank Rhonda enough. She very generously sent me a shape, a notecard listing the shape slider values, and a style card listing all of the components I needed. It was wonderfully kind of her to do that much work just to help a stranger. Had it not been for her generous help, I'd still be floundering.

Even with that enormous leg up, I spent all day yesterday tweaking the shape. I had an identical twin alt. I put her on a posing stand wearing my system head, and I got on one next to her wearing my new head. At times, I superimposed the avatars. In the end, I think I achieved what I was seeking. What do you think? Friends say they can recognize me. The one on your right is the system head. I welcome any suggestions for further changes.

731988755_JennifeBoyleSystemMeshHeads_002.png.b558c8399c6005ba35ac57f880b9ba87.png

Again, I thank Rhonda for her invaluable help.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 6

I don't think further changes are necessary with the shape. The biggest difference for me is in the eyes.

But perhaps your alt is using different eyes than your main? The side-by-side show the alt on the right with what appears to be solid white sclera. And the iris smaller. The iris can appear different sized due to the color.

Personally, I think the new eyes with a shadow in the upper part look so much better. ❤️

@Rhonda Huntress, you did a great job. Yay!

When I was trying to get comparison pictures and while tweaking shape to match my GA.EG Jennifer look to something near my Classic look I realized it was much easier when the camera was adjusted to remove camera-distortion. Press Ctrl-0 a couple of three times.

Ctrl-0, 9, and 8 adjust the camera.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.