Strange duplication of doors and blinds on houseboat

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to confirm, with Evangeline and another resident confirming it (thank you!) (OMG I'm so sorry I forgot your name) there are two houseboats being rezzed. Using Firestorm we were able to click and de-render, which showed a boat still remaining. Mystery solved, issue yet to be resolved:)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Just to confirm, with Evangeline and another resident confirming it (thank you!) (OMG I'm so sorry I forgot your name) there are two houseboats being rezzed. Using Firestorm we were able to click and de-render, which showed a boat still remaining. Mystery solved, issue yet to be resolved:)

I'm off for tonight but I will try that tomorrow and see if that's the issue. Also, rezzed security etc. but it's not letting people open doors. It keeps saying the doors are locked and I'm the only one that can open them. Not a huge deal I just wanted to know if there's something I can fix in the settings re: "doors are locked" message. 

4 hours ago, EnchantrixBrighton said:

I'm off for tonight but I will try that tomorrow and see if that's the issue. Also, rezzed security etc. but it's not letting people open doors. It keeps saying the doors are locked and I'm the only one that can open them. Not a huge deal I just wanted to know if there's something I can fix in the settings re: "doors are locked" message. 

Did you use the control panel (not the security orb) next to the front door to set access? Is it set to something other than "only me"? 

5 hours ago, EnchantrixBrighton said:

As Slyvia mentioned, the door security is controlled by the access panel by the door - though 2 copies of the boat could also cause issues with that.  The security orb only handles who can come onto your property.

• Like 1

• Moles

If @Evangeline Arcadia, @EnchantrixBrighton, @Naughty Nootan (and anyone else who has a similar problem) wants to drop me an offline IM or send me a private message here with a slurl directing me to the houseboat I'll take a look over the weekend.   

I (or any other Mole or Linden) can certainly remove the extra houseboat for you but I would like to take a look first because I need to try to find out what caused the problem.   

I blame that squirrel, myself. 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

If @Evangeline Arcadia, @EnchantrixBrighton, @Naughty Nootan (and anyone else who has a similar problem) wants to drop me an offline IM or send me a private message here with a slurl directing me to the houseboat I'll take a look over the weekend.   

I (or any other Mole or Linden) can certainly remove the extra houseboat for you but I would like to take a look first because I need to try to find out what caused the problem.   

Thank you Quartz, I've PM'd you here with the SLURL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Maybe the houseboats like to break if your name is Evangeline... I also sent in an IM to you through my other account and actual owner of the boat Evangeline Flux

• Moles

I've fixed the houseboats belonging to the two people who contacted me.     I'm not completely sure what happened there -- looks as if houseboat and the housecontroller must have lost contact with each other at some point, presumably during an update or rolling restart, but there's no obvious way of telling when.   

Certainly things are rezzing and deleting themselves normally again now I've deleted the old boats.    

Any more similar problems please let me know (and if you've submitted a ticket for a houseboat I've subsequently fixed, please don't forget to cancel the ticket -- otherwise it makes a lot of unnecessary work for some very busy Lindens!).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks! I'll shoot you a message once I'm logged in. :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've fixed the houseboats belonging to the two people who contacted me.     I'm not completely sure what happened there -- looks as if houseboat and the housecontroller must have lost contact with each other at some point, presumably during an update or rolling restart, but there's no obvious way of telling when.   

Certainly things are rezzing and deleting themselves normally again now I've deleted the old boats.    

Any more similar problems please let me know (and if you've submitted a ticket for a houseboat I've subsequently fixed, please don't forget to cancel the ticket -- otherwise it makes a lot of unnecessary work for some very busy Lindens!).  

You are the BEST!!! and my current FAVORITE Mole!!!

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.