Strange duplication of doors and blinds on houseboat

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've rezzed the different styles a few times in the hope of resetting the houseboats but seem to be coming up with the same issue - there seems to be a strange duplication bug or something. I noticed that when I go to open a door, a door opens, but then there is another one right behind it I need to open as well to get in. I've attached a screenshot showing this on the Evening Star 32x32. You can see there are two sets of sliding doors (one white, which is the colour I changed the decor to) and one black. I'm also seeing the same thing with the blinds i.e. when touching an individual blind to uncover a window the white blind disappears and looks rolloed up as expected but there's a tan coloured one behind it (and you can see same issue on the upstairs blinds). On one of the windows I had to click it multiple times for the tan one to disappear.

The same thing happened on the first rez of this boat with the colour of the interior walls (the default colour was showing through the white I had set) but that's stopped now that I re-rezzed it, but the above issues are still occurring.

Has anyone come across this issue and knows of a fix (re-rezzing is not seeming to fix it all)? If not I'll file a bug report.

doors issue 1.jpg

blind issue 1.jpg

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

How odd! I haven't seen that happen but I have only changed my houseboat out one time. I wonder if it would help to reset the life preserver (click on it and hold for two seconds)?

Oh thanks Sylvia I'll go try that:)

Edit: I tried resetting about 3 times and tried the different styles too, but the issue is still there. Very strange...I'll submit a support ticket.

• Like 1

Question is, are they truly double? Often, when I derezz stuff, some objects in a home, like a couch or something, still appear to be there, but actually aren't (aka, the viewer simply did not derender them). Selecting the alleged object usually makes it truly disappear, though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think that is the same thing I suggested above, and she said it did not solve the issue.

ahhhh ... well poopers! I know from time to time my old rezzer system would not completely derez all the parts when rezzing a new item and I'd have to manually clear the leftover bits... pain in the butt really. Fortunately, my new system doesn't do that at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

ahhhh ... well poopers! I know from time to time my old rezzer system would not completely derez all the parts when rezzing a new item and I'd have to manually clear the leftover bits... pain in the butt really. Fortunately, my new system doesn't do that at all.

I’d sometimes have to click the offending items to get them to disappear. Like, they were really gone but the viewer didn’t know until I clicked on them, forcing an update.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and replies. I've tried everything I can think of but no joy yet. Even after logging in and out and trying different computers, resetting the rezzer, trying different styles, the issue is still there, so I guess I'll have to wait for a response from LL.

This might be a long shot .. But you were griefed a few days ago at the party. Perhaps something related to that? And if not, it's just sl testing your patience! Either way, hope you can get it sorted! :)

10 minutes ago, KrystalKandy said:

But you were griefed a few days ago at the party. 

Going off topic but... is this going to be a thing now on Bellisseria? Because this isn't the first instance I've heard about actual griefing rather than just random trolls being douche-nozzles. 

Has LL been made aware of this, and do we know (of course we don't) if they're taking any action against this little group of people that we all know are behind it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrystalKandy said:

This might be a long shot .. But you were griefed a few days ago at the party. Perhaps something related to that? And if not, it's just sl testing your patience! Either way, hope you can get it sorted! :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't been to any parties, so thank goodness no griefing. Yeah, SL testing me a bit ... I keep having to open and close 2 doors in one spot lol.

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I've rezzed the different styles a few times in the hope of resetting the houseboats but seem to be coming up with the same issue - there seems to be a strange duplication bug or something. I noticed that when I go to open a door, a door opens, but then there is another one right behind it I need to open as well to get in. I've attached a screenshot showing this on the Evening Star 32x32. You can see there are two sets of sliding doors (one white, which is the colour I changed the decor to) and one black. I'm also seeing the same thing with the blinds i.e. when touching an individual blind to uncover a window the white blind disappears and looks rolloed up as expected but there's a tan coloured one behind it (and you can see same issue on the upstairs blinds). On one of the windows I had to click it multiple times for the tan one to disappear.

The same thing happened on the first rez of this boat with the colour of the interior walls (the default colour was showing through the white I had set) but that's stopped now that I re-rezzed it, but the above issues are still occurring.

Has anyone come across this issue and knows of a fix (re-rezzing is not seeming to fix it all)? If not I'll file a bug report.

Ok This also happened on my plot but it was not just duplicate blinds it was a duplicate house.... One way to check is to derender your house and if the house still remains then there is a duplicate... If this is the case your rezzer bouy is probably defective and needs some work I would put a support ticket in

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and replies. I've tried everything I can think of but no joy yet. Even after logging in and out and trying different computers, resetting the rezzer, trying different styles, the issue is still there, so I guess I'll have to wait for a response from LL.

It's actually a bit weird. If the object truly hasn't derezzed, you'd think derezzing/rerezzing your boat would surely make it derezz on the second round. It's almost as if a Mole left an older script inside the life-preserver, LOL, whist updating to a new one (why, probably not, but something peculiar is taking place nonetheless).

In fact, I thought those houseboats were actually just 1 linkset; but I haven't fully looked at it, I must admit, so doors and window covers may be separate. I would just msg Quartz or some other Mole, to fix it for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

It's actually a bit weird. If the object truly hasn't derezzed, you'd think derezzing/rerezzing your boat would surely make it derezz on the second round. It's almost as if a Mole left an older script inside the life-preserver, LOL, whist updating to a new one (why, probably not, but something peculiar is taking place nonetheless).

In fact, I thought those houseboats were actually just 1 linkset; but I haven't fully looked at it, I must admit, so doors and window covers may be separate. I would just msg Quartz or some other Mole, to fix it for you.

It is one linkset... but the bouy's are rezzing out 2 boats in the exact same location causing the texture popping... also have to open and close 2 sets of doors and you likely only hit the control panel button for one set of textures so you end up with 2 boats textured differently on top of eachother... they need to fix that cause its going to casue an issue of too many prims on the sim if too many lots have that same issue

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

It is one linkset... but the bouy's are rezzing out 2 boats in the exact same location causing the texture popping... also have to open and close 2 sets of doors and you likely only hit the control panel button for one set of textures so you end up with 2 boats textured differently on top of eachother... they need to fix that cause its going to casue an issue of too many prims on the sim if too many lots have that same issue

It does seem like that's what is happening. If I click on one of the doors I can see the LI in Edit. I can then click on the duplicate door and that also shows the same LI so it looks like it's rezzing two somehow, and that makes a lot of sense in terms of what I'm seeing with the decor textures (saw a glitch again yesterday, two textures overlaid). I actually saw the texture issue on someone else's boat too when walking around another location (can't remember where now).

Where would I best message a mole to take a look - inworld IM or here? I did submit a support ticket but not sure how long it will take before they  respond. Something that probably needs to be looked at before the next batch are released I would think. Hopefully some moles will catch this post @Quartz Mole @Abnor Mole @Patch Linden

Thanks for mentioning you also have the same issues @EnchantrixBrighton and @Naughty Nootan

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

It does seem like that's what is happening. If I click on one of the doors I can see the LI in Edit. I can then click on the duplicate door and that also shows the same LI so it looks like it's rezzing two somehow, and that makes a lot of sense in terms of what I'm seeing with the decor textures (saw a glitch again yesterday, two textures overlaid). I actually saw the texture issue it on someone else's boat when walking around another location (can't remember where now).

Thanks for mentioning you also have the same issues @EnchantrixBrighton  and @Naughty Nootan

If it is rezzing 2 doors it likely is rezzing a second boat.... try derending the boat temporarilly... if after you do that there is still an entire boat there then it is rezzing out a 2nd boat.  If you need help testing that I'm in world right now on SquirrelyTE Resident and would be happy to come confirm the issue for you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

If it is rezzing 2 doors it likely is rezzing a second boat.... try derending the boat temporarilly... if after you do that there is still an entire boat there then it is rezzing out a 2nd boat.  If you need help testing that I'm in world right now on SquirrelyTE Resident and would be happy to come confirm the issue for you

Not sure what you mean by derendering Evangeline, could you explain a bit more please? I've tried rezzing out new boats and resseting the life preserver a number of times, but didn't clear the issue. When the houseboat de-rezzes, I'm not seeing one still there before the new one pops up.

If you could take a look inworld that would so be appreciated!

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Not sure what you mean by derendering Evangeline, could you explain a bit more please? I've tried rezzing out new boats and resseting the life preserver a number of times, but didn't clear the issue. When the houseboat de-rezzes, I'm not seeing one still there before the new one pops up.

I'll contact you inworld happy to show you, its a Firestorm feature

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.