Wow Linden Labs, Just Wow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
18 hours ago, Edwards Perry said:

Remember that Linden labs supports the scripting and lays the land but its the users who generate and create the content.  The land is already there.. how long does it take to copy a few hundred trees and boats? They have been doing houses for years .. the scripting is already there..

This is all written in comprehensible English but I have no idea what you mean, and I can't begin to guess which of our LDPW  activities the question "how long does it take to copy a few hundred trees and boats?" is supposed to refer to.

Each region in Bellissaria is unique,  designed and laid out individually.   When we make new regions to add to Bellissaria, we start with a completely new one, flat as pool table and completely featureless.    Each one needs terraforming and dividing up into parcels, and roads laying,  and slips for the boats, and then decorating with trees, flowers, rocks, fences and whatever else for the parcels and then some general landscaping on the remaining LDPW land plus some community areas building here and there.   

That's all done by teams of LDPW Moles, working together, and pretty much flat out.    It involves several passes, and several QA inspections at different stages in the process. That's what takes the time,  and it's because the terraforming and decorating is done with such care and attention to detail that the regions look as good as they do.    

I'm not sure who the users are that you think generate and create the content on Bellissaria -- everything we put out on a region is made and scripted by LDPW Moles, and those of us who work primarily in content creation for Bellissaria rather than setting up the regions are already well advanced into creating items for future themes.    

ETA:  Re empty inventory folders -- I started in SL on my main Resident account in 2008 and have an immense collection of items in my inventory, but no empty folders.   

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Thank You @Quartz Mole and all the others who have responded so passionately concerning this topic.. I will not get into missing folders and such as that is probably an issue with the viewer I am using as some of you pointed out. As for the new houseboats and all other content creations used on Bellissaria I realize that is not user created. That snippet was taken out of a rant concerning the reasons I feel premium prices should not have changed yet until the new continents and houses are available.  

The most epic thing that came from my ranting and raving was Quartz Mole's explanation of why it is taking so long to finish the new regions.. This is the transparency we deserve and I was looking for. Someone from LL to come out and just explain the delay... we are all excited.. this is OUR game. We have kept it going for all this time because we are diehards.

If I offended anyone at all please go back and read the entire set of my postings. I never attacked another player personally. I was only trying to open the dialouge a bit more and wake LL up to put it into high gear..Belli is REAL and here now.... but if your gonna bring cookies to class... bring enough for everyone.

• Thanks 2

• Moles
1 minute ago, Edwards Perry said:

The most epic thing that came from my ranting and raving was Quartz Mole's explanation of why it is taking so long to finish the new regions.. This is the transparency we deserve and I was looking for.

Thanks.   Glad I was able to help a bit.   

If you're interested what we're doing on Bellissaria, both Patch Linden and some of us Moles quite frequently respond to points people raise over in the Linden Homes forum, which is over in the Land section:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/357-linden-homes/

We're glad to answer questions from residents when we can, but one of us is far more likely to see them if you post them there rather than anywhere else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that you're wrong about the Shift/Drag/Release method of setting up control boxes when it comes to building Bellisseria regions. Perhaps @Patch Linden, @Abnor Mole, or @Quartz Mole, in spite of being busy building said regions, might give us a small overview of the process. They aren't copying a few hundred trees and boats. As a matter of fact, they did an experiment recently with copying a region and plopping it down to see if it would work. It didn't, and they left it sitting there a few days to give residents a chance to stop by and see why it didn't work. Bellisseria is not a cut/paste job.

@Beth Macbain  Looks like @Quartz Mole got your post and responded with the explanation of the process it takes to create Belli.  I know the posts got a bit curt at times but I think everyone needed a clear explanation.  And that's what forums are for.  I, for one,  will be waiting patiently for my new houseboat and the spending spree that will follow when I personalize it.

Everyone wins when we shop and buy and in our own way create the world of Second Life that captured most of us so long ago. Yes LL... I am forever yours.

Edited by Edwards Perry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/31/2019 at 11:52 AM, TheaDee said:

To the people who keep saying things to the effect of "Basic users spend lindens, often more than the value of a premium membership," I'd like to point out that premium members spend money in SL too, on top of their premium membership.  Premium membership and buying lindens are not mutually exclusive concepts.  

Basic users are IMO the most important users because they are a much much larger group then us premiums... (Someone quoted 86 thousand premium v almost 1 million basics) 

AND .... Linden gives back almost 65 bucks of the 99 dollar yearly premium fee in stipend money!  ( really old accounts get a bit more )

So, Yes I am a premium account (and really old) so I get back a good portion of my paid subscription and a bit of land to go with that. But its the basic users that drive the engine of SL.. all the money they put in is their own and not a stipend refund deposited every week in their accounts.

Sometimes we premiums forget how good we have it.

Edited by Edwards Perry

31 minutes ago, NarimAste said:

How do I visit this continent. After being away for several months & just got back to find these threads.

Really want to see this & by the sounds of it move there...

I suggest reading through any one of the many threads in the Land >>> Linden Homes forum, perhaps starting with this one 

You'll not only get a good feel for the variety of places in Bellisseria but you'll also find a lot of SLURLs to places that people have visited or made their home. Start exploring.  You can even wander around some of the regions that are still under construction (the SSPE regions, which you can search for in your Map view).  Moles are creating new regions at the rate of almost one a day now.

• Like 3

Just on this, as annoyed as I am with the new ID requirement issue there may be other things to consider.  Trump and friends have had a direct detrimental affect on my  RL investments and employment and cost me plenty of money in the last few years too so I am a little empathetic here.  

Additionally,  job lay offs in industry affected by the trade war with China and other previous policies are affecting people I know and their spending habits particularly industry, mining and retail employees.  A changing world economy since the GFC has had record low interest rates and slow economic growth worldwide. This in turn reduces disposable income people have.  For most people spending money on a recreational video game is a luxury after household expenses and living costs are paid.  Maybe I am wrong but LL might be really feeling the pinch here and are trying things to fill the shortfall even though they may not want to.

Basic accounts rely on the owners purchasing and using currency in the economy and from my experience quite a few spend sparingly or never do, so unless they are creators that sell products that LL get a commission cut from or spend money they would be a liability the company has to pay for.

Edited by chardonay Babii
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.