Linden home security.

TheVeryFirst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a house on Bellisseria but I have abandoned it. Questions is, can I use the security system in my old Linden Home, I like them a lot better but using the security system and not having the ban lines, I like that idea, so can I use the security system I got with my Bellisseria house in my 512 Linden Home?

Looks like they are tied to the original house, I have it on the wall and turned on but my other avatar got no warning at all. So, no I guess they don’t work except on the one home in Bellisseria that it came from. Back to ban lines.

I'm curious why you'd want security on your Linden home anyway? Who are you trying to keep out?

I'm wondering if you're preempting something that barely ever happens anyway. I've hardly ever seen more than three or four people on premium home regions and most, if not all, of those lived there. Your neighbours are the least likely to come wandering in uninvited. I doubt you really need ban lines (which are ugly), and a security orb is probably an unnecessary expense.

It's going to be very rare you get random 'explorers' turning up on on the classic premium home lands wandering into people's houses. Any notion that there are hoards of trolls and griefers wandering those lands to wreak havoc by invading residents' homes is just a myth, and just locking your doors will probably deter most genuine newbies should one show up (although newbies turning up is even less likely).

In the very rare event that you DO find someone coming into your home while you are there, ask them politely to leave and if they don't you can eject and ban them. Which is much more satisfying :)

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 3

Wesley, my personal feelings on security are very similar.  I tend to keep my land and home open to visitors...if I'm not there, it doesn't really matter.  If I AM there, and they're nice, then that's great too.  If they are not nice, I can always shoot them, burn them,  blow them up, taunt and scoff at them, then eject and ban them.  So...fun times either way!

But, others have different opinions.  Which is why we have ban lines and security systems!

On 5/21/2019 at 3:18 AM, wesleytron said:

In the very rare event that you DO find someone coming into your home while you are there, ask them politely to leave and if they don't you can eject and ban them. Which is much more satisfying :)

I don't get the rush from eject and ban any more.  The shine has worn off that for me. Now if you want to talk 'satisfying' you need to uncheck that box that says Safe: No Damage

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

uncheck that box that says Safe: No Damage

now you mention this, it's a bit strange that this isn't disabled, if i understand it right damage  means possible to kill , and kill = TP home... while thats forbidden for security  :)

1 hour ago, Fox Wijaya said:

now you mention this, it's a bit strange that this isn't disabled, if i understand it right damage  means possible to kill , and kill = TP home... while thats forbidden for security  :)

But I guess the warning is sufficient if they see you raising a shotgun and hear you growl “Get off my land!” ;)

But seriously, you do make a very good point. I have to admit though, if I ever stumble on a region that has the heart monitor active (the symbol that denotes that safety has been deactivated) I don’t hang around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

But I guess the warning is sufficient if they see you raising a shotgun and hear you growl “Get off my land!” ;)

but fun thing is... you can go around the Orb restrictions by rezzing some weapons at different hights... even in the fly zone, and kill everybody to get them out

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.