linden homes

star Foxpaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

how do i get  the new linden home joined premium lastnite been  told there all sold out  but do i get given one  when they get more in or do i have to sum how go to the  sim and  find one thats is  free also iam  told that on the dashboard to go look for  any that may have been abandoned im  confused on how to  do that  

2 minutes ago, rachel Caggles said:

how do i get  the new linden home joined premium lastnite been  told there all sold out  but do i get given one  when they get more in or do i have to sum how go to the  sim and  find one thats is  free also iam  told that on the dashboard to go look for  any that may have been abandoned im  confused on how to  do that  

Keep an eye on the forums and the official LL blogs.  They are working on getting the 2nd wave of homes out as soon as possible. You might get lucky and keep refreshing the page for the homes and get one that has been abandoned but they go fast.

Go to your SL dashboard (website) up in right corner there should be a pick of a house and a orange button saying get your linden home now..or something like that. Click that - you will get a random house and can chose from diff styles and if not happy you can reroll 5 times within 24 hours

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Keep an eye on the forums and the official LL blogs.  They are working on getting the 2nd wave of homes out as soon as possible. You might get lucky and keep refreshing the page for the homes and get one that has been abandoned but they go fast.

yh ive looked  at that just gives me  the  crappy homes from meadowbrook  

4 minutes ago, rachel Caggles said:

just  keep refreshin my dashboard then for more blogs lol

Yep, that is about the only way to get one for now.  On the plus side, when you refresh you will see the traditional house immediately when they are available, so you don't have to fool around with any of the pull down menu options.  If you see one, grab it as fast as possible, don't even think of a name, just type a bunch of random characters, then hit the check box to accept their terms.  If you take your time, someone else will get it first.  You can change the name of your property after you get it.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

Yep, that is about the only way to get one for now.  On the plus side, when you refresh you will see the traditional house immediately when they are available, so you don't have to fool around with any of the pull down menu options.  If you see one, grab it as fast as possible, don't even think of a name, just type a bunch of random characters, then hit the check box to accept their terms.  If you take your time, someone else will get it first.  You can change the name of your property after you get it.  

You can simply prefill the name, and press 'Next'. Then you press your browser's back button (as you don't want an old home, of course). At that point, the filled-in name will survive a page-refresh.

Also, do not be as blonde as I was, and abandon your new home (should you be lucky enough to get one), should it turn out the type's not to your liking. Unlike the old homes, namely (where you had to preselect a type), you can choose a type for it later.

Refreshing seems to be moot at this point, though. Even if I should be able to get one after all, chances are it was abandoned for good reason (eye-sores in neighborhood?). I think I may be better off just waiting for the new batch.... which is a-coming, right, Linden?! 🤤 As always, YMMV, though.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

Just as a side note, the Tahoe houses are pretty nice.  If you get tired of refreshing, you can do a lot with them :)

Snapshot_019.thumb.png.5e3af7d867b0b07fdacd907d5a6805e1.png

Add a few walls, a second floor, and 175 prims go a long way :)  I only say this for two reasons, one so I can upload a picture because I love sharing them 😜 and two, because it can take several hours before a traditional house shows up.  

Snapshot_020.thumb.png.0cd8c4d448304ad56271a009e5462703.png

I have no idea when they are going to release new houses, I know they are working hard at it though.  Regardless I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

You can simply prefill the name, and press 'Next'. Then you press your browser's back button (as you don't want an old home, of course). At that point, the filled-in name will survive a page-refresh.

Also, do not be as blonde as I was, and abandon your new home (should you be lucky enough to get one), should it turn out the type's not to your liking. Unlike the old homes, namely (where you had to preselect a type), you can choose a type for it later.

Refreshing seems to be moot at this point, though. Even if I should be able to get one after all, chances are it was abandoned for good reason (eye-sores in neighborhood?). I think I may be better off just waiting for the new batch.... which is a-coming, right, Linden?! 🤤 As always, YMMV, though.

so i shud hang  on to the old homes till new ones ***** up then

5 minutes ago, rachel Caggles said:

so i shud hang  on to the old homes till new ones ***** up then

This is the part where YMMV. :) Me, I already abandoned my old home, so I can immediately jump on a new one, the moment it becomes available. If I need to go inworld first, abandon the land from there, and only then try to grab it from the website, I'll already be 5,000 refresh-clickers behind in the process, LOL. It does mean you'll be without home for the duration, though.

EDIT: Pray-tell, what manner of language did you use instead of 'show up'?! 😲 Cuz that's obviously not what you said; and I can't think of a sensored expletive that would otherwise fit, LOL.

Edited by kiramanell

On 4/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, kiramanell said:

This is the part where YMMV. :) Me, I already abandoned my old home, so I can immediately jump on a new one, the moment it becomes available. If I need to go inworld first, abandon the land from there, and only then try to grab it from the website, I'll already be 5,000 refresh-clickers behind in the process, LOL. It does mean you'll be without home for the duration, though.

EDIT: Pray-tell, what manner of language did you use instead of 'show up'?! 😲 Cuz that's obviously not what you said; and I can't think of a sensored expletive that would otherwise fit, LOL.

the  word  was come  but  i spelt it  differently lol 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Miaa Mureaux said:

i was able to snag a home this morning .. guess i got lucky i dont know if they are still available 

Very lucky of you :)

I hope more become available en masse soon as I know several people wanting to get a houseboat.

I rejoined premium on my one account and am very disappointed the main reason was for the new neighborhoods and maybe havign a feel of nice neighbors to pull the community aspect back together in SL. They should have planned ahead in this time frame copying regions over and making the new homes available. Rather then the disappointment paying and not being able to get one. Just need one for my one account. After 14 years on SL Just need to lay back to the old feeling, and chill, the sims drained me. 

5 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

I hope more become available en masse soon as I know several people wanting to get a houseboat.

From the looks of the SSP regions, which is where they do their design and work on the Linden Home plots, it looks like we are very soon going to get a huge influx of houseboats - more than 500, by the looks of things right now.  I can't tell how close they are to releasing more homes though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

I rejoined premium on my one account and am very disappointed the main reason was for the new neighborhoods and maybe havign a feel of nice neighbors to pull the community aspect back together in SL. They should have planned ahead in this time frame copying regions over and making the new homes available. Rather then the disappointment paying and not being able to get one. Just need one for my one account. After 14 years on SL Just need to lay back to the old feeling, and chill, the sims drained me. 

Hi Anthony! While you're waiting you can still join in the community! Go out and explore the seas and roadways, and/or join the groups in this thread for community events. Yesterday we went on a land/sea/skies tour of the continent together and I met a lot of fun people. It's been a great way to pass the time while I wait for my new home. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.