Ways to Improve Gacha...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

59 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Gacha's need a time-frame

As far as time frames for the creator to sell items from their gacha machines, the creator is already in charge of whether they want a time frame or not on allowing people purchasing from them through via the gacha machine. It's their choice. 

As far as the resell market, I doubt that there could be a timeframe on that.  If I ever saved up enough gacha items that I didn't want, to make it worthwhile for me to rent a stall at a gacha yard-sell, what would prevent me from setting the items for sell?  I don't know if functionality like that currently exists to limit the sell-ability of the item? and if it doesn't, I don't know that it would be anyone's priority to be developed?

As far as I am aware, there is only one limit that can be set. Quantity. 

Note that while it is still possible to sell a limited quantity of copiable items using the appropriate listing field, the quantity of items available from a stock folder is determined by the number of items in the folder and cannot be changed using the Available quantity listing field.

When a stock folder runs out of no-copy items, the Marketplace de-lists your listing and sends an email alert reminding you to add more units.

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/selling-in-the-marketplace-r88/

It would work for gachas but the gachas would have to be made copyable. From what I've seen gacha creators would have a hissy fit if they were forced to make their gachas copyable. The very reason I won't buy gaches. No copy? No sale. Full stop.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I doubt many gacha creators will agree to a time-frame. They already have a heavy workload and customers want to an additional workload. LL isn't going to set anything up on the MP to automatically pull "out dated" items nor will they set up a separate MP just for gachas. It would not be cost effective for them. Unless merchants don't mind all the fees being raised. Again. 

Why would LL need to pull out dated items?  Are those Gacha's listings on the MP more or less empty?  Or, in other words, if you purchase from the MP a Gacha, it is part of the quantity in the Gacha machine.

I don't under this at all.  

Edited by FairreLilette

35 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/selling-in-the-marketplace-r88/

It would work for gachas but the gachas would have to be made copyable. From what I've seen gacha creators would have a hissy fit if they were forced to make their gachas copyable. The very reason I won't buy gaches. No copy? No sale. Full stop.

And that's for Marketplace.  I don't sell things, so I don't know if there is a similar quantity limit available for in-world sales as well.  (Ignoring the "copyable" issue for now).  And if there were limits available for in-world resells, I would imagine it would be the reseller who would be setting the limit, not the original creator.

(I'm in a mood today it seems, posting on all types of topics I have no direct experience with, but opinions about, lol)

41 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Just a reminder that some sellers are offering a trade in your mod/transfer for a copy/mod.

I doubt a lot of sellers would want to do that BUT perhaps a terminal could be set up.

And, I doubt you or I have the time to seek out which seller has a trade in for copy/mod items.  I know I don't have the time.

I'm just passing the info along though.

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

Why would LL need to pull out dated items?  Are those Gacha's listings on the MP more or less empty?  Or, in other words, if you purchase from the MP a Gacha, it is part of the quantity in the Gacha machine.

Are you suggesting that creators should be limited to a specific number of items Gacha machine to be sold?  They already have the option to limit how many items they sale by picking their gacha machine up so no one can buy anymore items from it.  Apparently they aren't as concerned as you are about the number of items available for resell... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't under this at all.  

There are only two ways to do what you want. Either pile more work on LL employees and LL pulls the gachas after x amount of time or you pile more work on top of an already heavy work load on the creators. Who are you going to choose to dump the load on to get what you want? Creators or LL?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

And that's for Marketplace.  I don't sell things, so I don't know if there is a similar quantity limit available for in-world sales as well.  (Ignoring the "copyable" issue for now).  And if there were limits available for in-world resells, I would imagine it would be the reseller who would be setting the limit, not the original creator.

(I'm in a mood today it seems, posting on all types of topics I have no direct experience with, but opinions about, lol)

Quantities on inworld vendors can be limited very easily. Most vendors are already scripted to do that and have been for years.

• Like 1

ok I dont do gacha so dont really get affected her however as far as I can see the op boils down to this

If we get the labs to enforce a time limit on gacha items I will make more money

Did I miss the point if not the answer to the op is go multiply

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are only two ways to do what you want. Either pile more work on LL employees and LL pulls the gachas after x amount of time or you pile more work on top of an already heavy work load on the creators. Who are you going to choose to dump the load on to get what you want? Creators or LL?

I have no idea what you are saying UNLESS those Gacha listing on MP don't really have an object there.

And, if Fenton or 1928 Jewelry Company retires their items for a season, they don't pull any items from the stores.  Those are the last available for that year though and what the stores have left the stores have left.

And, btw, I am a creator, too.

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

If we get the labs to enforce a time limit on gacha items I will make more money

A-greed.

I have no idea what you are saying UNLESS those Gacha listing on MP don't really have an object there.

And, if Fenton or 1928 Jewelry Company retires their items for a season, they don't pull any items from the stores.  Those are the last available for that year though and what the stores have left the stores have left.

And, btw, I am a creator, too.

How in the world do you manage to sell anything if you don't understand what I'm saying? facepalm.gif.485c0f513933ea289413140144cd450d.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I think what you really need to do is to change the culture of how creators use Gacha machines and get them all to buy in to only having their machines out for use for some specific limited amount of time.

• Like 1

Just now, FairreLilette said:

And, another thing.

What is the transfer option for on Gacha if it's not something that can be resold by the buyer?

Gacha created a resale market it doesn't know what the bleep it's doing frankly.

If you dont like how the gacha market works the answer is simple, dont sell gacha's or buy gachas its what many of us do.

Having read this thread I dont see the following:

What you think the problem is

Why you think your proposal is a solution

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

If you dont like how the gacha market works the answer is simple, dont sell gacha's or buy gachas its what many of us do.

Having read this thread I dont see the following:

What you think the problem is

Why you think your proposal is a solution

Read the OP.  I addressed it there.

I'm out for the day.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, FairreLilette said:

Read the OP.  I addressed it there.

I'm out for the day.

I did read the op obviously I still dont see what you think the problem is nor why you think your idea is a solution

12 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

I did read the op obviously I still dont see what you think the problem is nor why you think your idea is a solution

Well, I have time for one more post.

That's it.  I have not much more to say than the OP.  Other than I added:  Have 3-month, 6-month and 1-year retirees.  

33 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, I have time for one more post.

That's it.  I have not much more to say than the OP.  Other than I added:  Have 3-month, 6-month and 1-year retirees.  

Ok, I see you saying that, but...... Why? 

I cannot for the life of me see any logical reason for this.  To make something more 'rare'? Again..Why?

You would need gacha designers to ALL agree to this...Why should they? How, where and when a designer sells their items, is their business.  LL will not intervene and change it, so..yea, I am super confused about the whole..issue...non-issue?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Sorry, not brining either situation up. 

You're looking at it from a monetary value lens - period. Monetary value does not equate to collectibility, period. 

It really doesn't. 

Agree to disagree, fine. 

This is something we're certainly not going to see eye to eye on anyway - one is focused on the "value" while the other isn't. 

Oh yeah sure...you wanna come up and see my Gacha collection sometime?  rofl  

Gacha's are transfer items.  It's an item for resale.

So, most of the creator's want us to buy Gacha's at 50-75 that never retire and resell them too?  0.o  Resell them for what?  Where is the value?

I was told we are to resell the Gacha's we don't want so we can try to win the rare.

I'm not interested in that.

I find fine quality in some of the Gacha's and am/was interested in the antique aspect of it.  I was told all Gachas retire.  I was told wrong.

I'll get over it.

I was told we are to resell the Gacha's we don't want so we can try to win the rare.

This has never been true.

I was told all Gachas retire.

This has never been true.

There are so many rumors started in SL... you should always check the facts first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Ok, I see you saying that, but...... Why? 

I cannot for the life of me see any logical reason for this.  To make something more 'rare'? Again..Why?

You would need gacha designers to ALL agree to this...Why should they? How, where and when a designer sells their items, is their business.  LL will not intervene and change it, so..yea, I am super confused about the whole..issue...non-issue?

Okay, but your double-talking here.  You say all Gacha seller's would need to agree to this, and then saying it's their own business.

Yes, it is their own business.

What I was proposing was never an enforcement of anything because I don't have any such power and I don't understand this if the Gacha retires, LL has to close listing on MP?  So, that means to me, there is no real item in those listings on MP.  Or something like that.  And, I don't need to get involved in that.  

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.