Ways to Improve Gacha...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

What I was proposing was never an enforcement of anything because I don't have any such power and I don't understand this if the Gacha retires, LL has to close listing on MP?  So, that means to me, there is no real item in those listings on MP.  Or something like that.  And, I don't need to get involved in that.  

Annnnd here is where it gets fuzzy.  What were you proposing then? To retire them...at some point?  Again, I still am not understanding ...Why? 

Also, how my questioning any of this "double-talk" o.O

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Where is this fact listed about Gacha not retiring?

Oh for Pete's sake. Talk to the creators! They're the ones that set those rules. They are the ones who determine when or if a gacha is retired for their creations. Ask them how often they retire or if they retire at all. Just like every other business in SL and RL, you go to the source!

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Oh for Pete's sake. Talk to the creators! They're the ones that set those rules. They are the ones who determine when or if a gacha is retired for their creations. Ask them how often they retire or if they retire at all. Just like every other business in SL and RL, you go to the source!

Oh no, me for Pete's sake.

There is not enough time in the day for me to do that.   That is very reason I was suggesting to set up a way so buyer's could know when or if a Gacha is retiring.

I give up.

• Haha 1

Oh for... 

People reselling Gacha items generally are looking to get back what they put in while some simply want to be rid of the item they are selling. 

In either case, they recognize that someone else might just want to skip the machine and get the exact item that interested them.  

It really isn't that hard to figure out or to understand. 

As stated earlier, you're conflating monetary value with how collectible an item is - heck with the entire concept of collecting in general! 

That value is secondary to the actual act of collecting. 

For crying out loud, there are people who collect rocks and even toe nail clippings! 

Anyone that places emphasis on the monetary value of the items they have collected is collecting bartering tokens (in a sense) or is keeping track in case they need to sell an item in an emergency. 

That last doesn't require agreement either - like it or not, that's the reality. 

Now, would you like some coffee? I know I could use some. 

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

That is very reason I was suggesting to set up a way so buyer's could know when or if a Gacha is retiring.

Ok, but the thing is...who are you suggesting set this up? And why should any Gacha 'retire'?  

Honestly , I am curious and confused .... the more I ask, the more curious and confused I get lol

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh no, me for Pete's sake.

There is not enough time in the day for me to do that.   That is very reason I was suggesting to set up a way so buyer's could know when or if a Gacha is retiring.

I give up.

You had plenty of time today. Instead of spending it all on the forum you could have used some of that time to ask the proper sources questions. 

Like has been said all along that you refused to see, without the full cooperation of all gacha creators, there is no way to do so. Even with their full cooperation someone has to be in charge. LL isn't going to spend money on it. Putting a resident/creator in charge or even a committee of some kind will have the same drama and issues that all other similar endeavors have encountered. Eventually, they all went belly up because it got to be too much crap to deal with.

The creators have groups and group notices so they can notify people if they are retiring something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

(I'm in a mood today it seems, posting on all types of topics I have no direct experience with, but opinions about, lol)

good on you :)

i think is okt when people post their opinions about anything. If someone else then comes along and shows there is no actual factual premise to the opinion then its thanks and on to the next topic 

• Like 3

I'll start by saying I really don't like Gatchas very much. My main objection is they are most often no-copy/no-mod. Even if they are mod, having them no-copy pretty well precludes modding them. There are a handful of gatcha sellers that have provisions for trading in the transfer version for a copy/mod/no-trans one and that makes it a lot more likely that I'll buy.

We've had a fair number of really nicely done Gatcha AV's come out from various makers that have a voucher that's no-copy/trans, but once opened gives you a copy/mod/no-trans AV. I wish all gatchas were like that. This is especially true for build sets where one might need multiples of a part to do a build as well as wanting the security of being able to replace something should it get messed up.

A few makers also make it possible to buy the full set at a premium over what it would likely cost to play the gatcha game (once again you get copy/mod/no-trans items). I also appreciate that as I'd rather just buy what I want with no dice roll involved.

For gatcha sellers that don't do any of this, unless it's something I really want, don't care which color I get, and it's under 50L, I just won't buy. I have at times send polite notes asking if there were any way to do any of the above. A couple makers thought about it and did it, a few more sent back very rude replies about 'how dare I tell them what to do'. Most of the time I've simply not gotten a reply at all. In the latter two cases I simply forget about the items involved.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Ok, but the thing is...who are you suggesting set this up? And why should any Gacha 'retire'?  

Honestly , I am curious and confused .... the more I ask, the more curious and confused I get lol

Gacha doesn't need to retire...but the items do.  

I'm tired of repeating myself.

Over and out.

But, I just wanted to say...I asked for YOUR input on how to improve Gacha.

You say, your suggestion won't work because of ____________________ (fill in the blank)

My suggestion to improve Gacha is _________________________ (fill in the blank).

One more thing, the suggestion for a committee was not to make rules nor enforcement but to brainstorm ways to improve Gacha and that is all.  

K...now over and out.

Had enough of this, man.  And that is for sure!  Too much belittling of others instead of offering suggestions.

Contact me inworld if you have suggestions on ways to improve Gacha or what may be on the horizon re: Gacha improvement and/ or I guess you could say Next Gen Gacha...if any.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

You've seen how I am ... One of those days where I'm running close to empty on patience and/or understanding.

My patience committed suicide yesterday. It jumped out a one story window. Services will be held tomorrow at 2pm for family and friends.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

The sellers do not supply a detailed description about the product whatsoever. Why is it so hard to do that? It's no wonder sales are nose diving on these things. They need to take the time to completely describe the item. The description is a broken record: This is a gacha resale store. I am not the creator of the item No refund..etc...  I saw one the other day, all that was in the description was the number 1 and they expect someone to buy the item for L$450 on that description alone. 

My biggest problem with gachas is resellers with terrible keyword spam. Filtering out no-copy items gets rid of most of them, but then you miss out on good gachas that do fit your search, and any other no-copy items that would fit your needs too. There's too many items to flag. I'll sometimes flag two or three if a particular reseller is excessively spamming. You can check what keywords they use if you look at the page source code on the item page, then you know if it was a minor error or a long line of bad keywords.

LL needs to come down harder on the ones who regularly do this. To those who take the time to write their product descriptions and keywords well, thank you.

Edited by callistanull

There was a time when many gacha (clothes) came with sizes included for the majority of mesh bodies used. Then I think people started splitting them up and selling them separately. Now they are sold for a specific body, Lara or Freya for instance. I think if when you played gacha you got a transferable token redeemable for a "copy" version of the item with all the sizes it would eliminate a lot of the duplicates we see on the MP. I can see why this would not work so well for the furniture and houses because it would cut into their sales when someone could rez as many as they want they would not have a need continue to play to get enough pieces of fence to circle their house.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

There was a time when many gacha (clothes) came with sizes included for the majority of mesh bodies used. Then I think people started splitting them up and selling them separately. Now they are sold for a specific body, Lara or Freya for instance. I think if when you played gacha you got a transferable token redeemable for a "copy" version of the item with all the sizes it would eliminate a lot of the duplicates we see on the MP. I can see why this would not work so well for the furniture and houses because it would cut into their sales when someone could rez as many as they want they would not have a need continue to play to get enough pieces of fence to circle their house.

From what I seen on that, that actually lies at the designers at last few main Gacha events I been too; I see the designers separating the body types which makes for easier pulls as you can choose your specific body type so no it not the re-seller of the gacha.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.