Mesh Head's and different ages

Gabrielle072

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my last months I took the chance and spent much money in different mesh bodies. And I spend the most time in Maitreya, Tonic and sometimes e-body. They are definitely my favorites.

My favorite head's are LAQ Neve and since some days Catwa Catya. Since some weeks I try myself on different ages, being older or younger. But with that new challenge I quickly ended on my abilities ...

I found out some good blogs about proportions of body parts and how to edit my shape to give it a well proportioned shape according to my wanted age.

Fortunately I had a good eye in that. With my body. But my efforts ended when I wanted to give my heads a better form. Each age has different body proportions, and their face too. For example "Kindchen Schematic" when being 14 or younger.

Can someone give me a hint how I can improve my look when using the above named head's? Looking in marketplace is no solution to me, I ended up with things that I don't like.

I would like to understand, what sliders at my Bento head I must use to make me look maybe more 30, 20, or just a 18 or 14 years old girl?

I was searching for slider numbers, their correlation, and so on. Well, nothing found. 

As you should know, I am always looking for being in "normal" size, everything over 1,80 meters and less than 1,50 meters are my personal extremes and out of discussion.

Any help?

Sliders with Bento heads are limited, or there would only ever be one mesh head per brand and not several. They're not limitlessly customizeable.

So you would have to look for a younger looking mesh head. Also skins make an incredible difference, at times even more so than sliders.

• above average eye size
  • overall larger head size
  • no big or especially duck lips
  • slightly puffy cheeks
  • round chin
  • smaller ears
  • etc.

But it's not just the shape of the head, but the textures as well that make a big difference.

• Smoother, less detailed skins work best for a young, child-like look. (No any visible pores or wrinkles)
  • Very dark or blue eyes with larger pupils work well. (Especially with the "big eye shape")
  • No make-up, trust me

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

For 30 year old, Izzie's has some face appliers with lines and other appliers for aging. She has demos too. You may think this is for old hags, but there are subtler versions included. I don't know LAQ, but Catwa has sliders for the different makeup slots, so you can adjust the visibility. Myself, I started getting small lines when I tipped 30 in RL.

• Thanks 1

I just bought a Session skin last week, and this one came with several options for age. 20+ 30+ and 40+ if I remember correctly (not at home atm)

What threy did is add a certain level of wrinkles at the eyes en nose area for the 30 and 40 option.

Believe this new skin with this option was Catwa only.

Here's an example using Debi's Catwa Lilly head. The pic to the left is when I was wanting to look more RL and around mid 30s. The pic to the right is how she currently looks in the same head after I decided to go with something more along a fantasy theme. Same head, different skins, and very different shape of the eyes and chin area. I used Izzie's wrinkles in the first example.b4nAftr.thumb.png.fc03f4a5f69a7033ed456ecb18c406e1.png

• Like 1

Skin matters. Add-ons like Izzie's wrinkles help, but skins that have close to the right appearance to begin with will help get you in your preferred age range. 

The heads can only do so much. There is, or was, a list, which I can't link to right now, for Catwa of what age range each head fits into best. Not all heads will age up or down equally. Therefore, there is no standard range of sliders for different ages, because each head will react differently. 

4 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Skin matters. Add-ons like Izzie's wrinkles help, but skins that have close to the right appearance to begin with will help get you in your preferred age range. 

The heads can only do so much. There is, or was, a list, which I can't link to right now, for Catwa of what age range each head fits into best. Not all heads will age up or down equally. Therefore, there is no standard range of sliders for different ages, because each head will react differently. 

Okay I think I understand. I wished you could find the list and you maybe can send it to me inworld. That would help very much.

14 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:
  • above average eye size
  • overall larger head size
  • no big or especially duck lips
  • slightly puffy cheeks
  • round chin
  • smaller ears
  • etc.

But it's not just the shape of the head, but the textures as well that make a big difference.

• Smoother, less detailed skins work best for a young, child-like look. (No any visible pores or wrinkles)
  • Very dark or blue eyes with larger pupils work well. (Especially with the "big eye shape")
  • No make-up, trust me

Cool, very useful hints, thank you. The next time when I will be online again I will think of your words. It's not easy, but I will give it a try. And yes, no make up, I will trust :)

15 hours ago, MissMagicCakes said:

Ga.eg mia looks pretty young and may be a good starting point.

I should have known earlier, I once bought a demo of that head. But around 2 years before I didn't have ambitions like today. Is Ga:eg Omega friendly? However, I will search in Google. If anyone has additional infos just tell me. 

1 hour ago, Gabrielle072 said:

I wished you could find the list and you maybe can send it to me 

Not sure when I'll next be inworld, but this is what I was thinking of: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FEM-HOM-chart-for-gender-and-age-Catwa-Bento-Heads/13343238 

It's not fully up to date with all Catwa heads listed, but it's a good starting point. Just looking at the bare shape of each head helps some; you can see right off the bat that some have the rounder, fuller cheeks that children often have while others are sharper and more defined, less youthful.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, Gabrielle072 said:

I should have known earlier, I once bought a demo of that head. But around 2 years before I didn't have ambitions like today. Is Ga:eg Omega friendly? However, I will search in Google. If anyone has additional infos just tell me. 

Omega does work with ga.eg heads but if i recall correctly you need the relay first, as with catwa.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.