MARKET PLACE DIDN'T DELIVER MY GIFTS

QueenieDivine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i NEED HELP. SHORTLY BEFORE VALENTINES, I GIFTED SOMEONE 8 ITEMS IN MP AND BOUGHT ME TWO ITEMS. THEY NEVER RECEIVED THESE ITEMS.  WHEN I LOOKED IN MY INVENTORY i SAW ALL HAD BEEN SENT TO ME. THIS PERSON PAID ME TO SHOP FOR HER. i DON'T HAVE THE LINDENS TO REPAY THE PERSON. I'VE REPORTED THIS TO LL BUT NO ANSWER.  I TRIED TO REPORT AGAIN BUT CAN'T FIND THE MARKETPLACE > GENERAL  TAB ANYWHERE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE. 

2 hours ago, QueenieDivine said:

i NEED HELP. SHORTLY BEFORE VALENTINES, I GIFTED SOMEONE 8 ITEMS IN MP AND BOUGHT ME TWO ITEMS. THEY NEVER RECEIVED THESE ITEMS.  WHEN I LOOKED IN MY INVENTORY i SAW ALL HAD BEEN SENT TO ME. THIS PERSON PAID ME TO SHOP FOR HER. i DON'T HAVE THE LINDENS TO REPAY THE PERSON. I'VE REPORTED THIS TO LL BUT NO ANSWER.  I TRIED TO REPORT AGAIN BUT CAN'T FIND THE MARKETPLACE > GENERAL  TAB ANYWHERE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE. 

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/mg2b5ryhhzp3

You need to contact support  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support  and go to your ticket you opened to report it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, QueenieDivine said:

WHY DO YOU SCREAM THAT LOUD? WEE CAN HEEEEEAR YOUUUUUU!!!

OK, same happened to me recently. Wasn´t a big loss, so i didnt hire a hitman.
Maybe like me, you didnt check your cart well enough, before you was hitting the "checkout" button. So, i dont even know, if the order was marked with my friends name as the recipient, and if there was that small present icon...
Maybe next time its better to buy one item at a time, to cut the losses :)

P.S.
What i also dont get is the story behind. Why would someone give you money for buying the requested item as a present?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Maybe like me, you didnt check your cart well enough, before you was hitting the "checkout" button

it's for several weeks on the grid status page a issue that's worked on, but not solved. What wonders me most is there's no sign or warning about this problem at MP at all. But also.. users should be aware better of the issues that are currently worked on. It's really not to hard to check the grid status now and than.

only this as addition, the rest of your post is totally to the point.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

WHY DO YOU SCREAM THAT LOUD? WEE CAN HEEEEEAR YOUUUUUU!!!

OK, same happened to me recently. Wasn´t a big loss, so i didnt hire a hitman.
Maybe like me, you didnt check your cart well enough, before you was hitting the "checkout" button. So, i dont even know, if the order was marked with my friends name as the recipient, and if there was that small present icon...
Maybe next time its better to buy one item at a time, to cut the losses :)

P.S.
What i also dont get is the story behind. Why would someone give you money for buying the requested item as a present?

sorry vision sometimes require caps and no i didn't make a mistake, it was gifted.  LL having problems with gifting I found out too late.  I am a buyer for others. they tell me what they submit an order. I buy for them. I get lindens up front to cover all costs and have it delivered to them. did that satisfy your curiosity, lol

1 minute ago, QueenieDivine said:

sorry vision sometimes require caps and no i didn't make a mistake, it was gifted.  LL having problems with gifting I found out too late.  I am a buyer for others. they tell me what they submit an order. I buy for them. I get lindens up front to cover all costs and have it delivered to them. did that satisfy your curiosity, lol

7 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it's for several weeks on the grid status page a issue that's worked on, but not solved. What wonders me most is there's no sign or warning about this problem at MP at all. But also.. users should be aware better of the issues that are currently worked on. It's really not to hard to check the grid status now and than.

only this as addition, the rest of your post is totally to the point.

it' may not be hard to check grid status but if one is accustomed to buying without incidence, one doesn't think twice about checking to see if there is a problem because one doesn't foresee one. also, I don't have time to check up on SL grid dealing with small kids of my own and kids at school. This was a rush order. I filled. MP didn't deliver. 

1 minute ago, QueenieDivine said:

it' may not be hard to check grid status but if one is accustomed to buying without incidence, one doesn't think twice about checking to see if there is a problem because one doesn't foresee one. also, I don't have time to check up on SL grid dealing with small kids of my own and kids at school. This was a rush order. I filled. MP didn't deliver. 

If it's your business then it is a good habit to check the grid status.  Marketplace has maintenance usually weekly alongside unscheduled maintenance and bigger issues such as this.  It's a simple check before making a purchase on behalf of another, especially if you are using their money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenieDivine said:

I am a buyer for others. they tell me what they submit an order. I buy for them. I get lindens up front to cover all costs and have it delivered to them. did that satisfy your curiosity, lol

I still dont get it, but thank you for explaining. :)

8 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it What wonders me most is there's no sign or warning about this problem at MP at all.

Really. I am having to give out free merchandise to the intended recipients because the buyer got what they intended to be a gift. Or so they say, the situation is ripe for gaming.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Really. I am having to give out free merchandise to the intended recipients because the buyer got what they intended to be a gift. Or so they say, the situation is ripe for gaming.

i'm not sure what the reciepts say... ordered for gifts or jsut to the buyer him/herself .... if it's the last there's not a lot of proof.. and if your items aren't tranferable, i know yours aren't ... i would say : disable the gift function totally till it's solved

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Not to mention if the customer demands a L$ refund, the merchant has to take the MP fee hit or go through the messing of claiming it back due to something out of their control

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

the merchant has to take the MP fee hit or go through the messing of claiming it back duo to something out of control

as far i remember the delivery system is in control by LL, and seeing that this issue is around at least since end of januari, LL should pay for every extra delivery asked by buyers after that date. .. but guessing that's not going to happen.

• Haha 1

The gift function is not broken for EVERYONE.  I tried sending a $L1 test gift to one of my friends, and it worked.  She was on line at the time.

I don't know if that information helps anyone.  I still wouldn't trust it, if I was planning on sending any expensive gifts, until LL announces the bug is fixed.

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The gift function is not broken for EVERYONE.  I tried sending a $L1 test gift to one of my friends, and it worked.  She was on line at the time.

I don't know if that information helps anyone.  I still wouldn't trust it, if I was planning on sending any expensive gifts, until LL announces the bug is fixed.

Or it is broken for everyone, but intermittently,  as it is for me. 

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

As mentioned in another, similar, thread: I've so far only ever seen anything even similar to this bug when refreshing the shopping cart (have not tested the checkout screen) with a gift in it.

• Moderators

Heads up: The issue was fixed on February 21, 2019 at 10:30 AM SLT. Orders that experienced the issue prior to that should submit a Support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case

If you've already created a Support ticket, you might want to check your email or log into the Support portal to check its status, because we generally request information before we can send your request over to engineering for a manual fix.

Edited by Jagix Linden
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Jagix Linden said:

Heads up: The issue was fixed on February 21, 2019 at 10:30 AM SLT.

grid status page is quiet about that, last post is :

Update
We are still currently investigating an issue with Marketplace gift orders. Thank you very much for your patience!
Posted 12 days ago. Feb 13, 2019 - 13:15 PST
  • Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

grid status page is quiet about that, last post is :

Update
We are still currently investigating an issue with Marketplace gift orders. Thank you very much for your patience!
Posted 12 days ago. Feb 13, 2019 - 13:15 PST

We're looking into getting that updated. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jagix Linden said:

We're looking into getting that updated. 

seeing the list of post still  in "updated" stage, assuming the grid status page itself is broken? Or are all those indeed not solved?
It's a quite important tool for the users to see whats going on, but not giving actual information?

Edited by Ethan Paslong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.