Can you lock where your avatar is looking?

RosalieDH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For example, if I want to take a picture where my avatar is looking in a certain direction or at a certain object, can I alt/option-click it and then lock the look-at target there somehow so that I can move the camera without changing the look-at target?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, RosalieDH said:

For example, if I want to take a picture where my avatar is looking in a certain direction or at a certain object, can I alt/option-click it and then lock the look-at target there somehow so that I can move the camera without changing the look-at target?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I've ever seen such in the SL Viewer, but Firestorm gives you that ability in their Cameratools.  Pull that up and the right two icons are what you'd use.  Click the left of those two to store your view position and the right to return to that view position:

image.png.037c1ce70041b60d161b4642ad781f0e.png

• Like 1

It is possible using the Flycam Camera Mode, Shift-Alt-F. ESC will exit Flycam.

Use Alt-left-click to place the Lookat. Then switch to flycam and move the camera. Which is trick as most normal camera controls are locked. The avatar will stay looking at whatever you alt-left-clicked on if you can move the camera. Joystick will do it. I have a SpaceNavigator and that works really well.

If you are watching or wanting to photograph the "LookAt" marker know that it can go nuts after you exit flycam the first time, at least in FS 6.0.2. And it sometimes disappears. The avatar will still continue looking at whatever you clicked on whether the target shows or not.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:08 AM, RosalieDH said:

Thanks!

Alt-Click your look-at target.

Then use keyboard to move your camera where you want it:

Alt + arrow keys to orbit and move forward/backward
CTRL + Alt + arrow keys to rotate
Shift + CTRL + ALT + arrow keys to crab

Then:

CTRL + 0 to close Field of View (Zoom-in and remove distortions)
CTRL + 8 to open Field of View (Zoom-out and add distortions)
CTRL + 9 to reset the camera to default Field of View.

Edit to add: This method offers far better control that the camera controls tool.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.